#21 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:20 AM

View Postmartian, on 06 March 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

• Guillotine - jumping energy-based 70-tonner with one missile backup. Sadly, Grasshopper is in MWO already

They really should have used the guillotine instead since its missile launchers aren't all in the head

#22 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,275 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:30 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 06 March 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

They really should have used the guillotine instead since its missile launchers aren't all in the head

Well, both 'Mechs are very similar, so I guess it was 50:50. I think that BattleTech fans like both 'Mechs.

On one hand, all current Guillotine models have one SRM rack in CT, so you would have two slots to play with. On the other hand, Grasshopper is tall and narrow (and perhaps we could say that it has better silhouette), while Guillotine is shorter and broader (especially those wide shoulders).

#23 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:38 AM

ComStar exclusive mechs would require ComStar becoming a playable faction. Something very unlikely to happen. But I'll indulge in this for a moment, out of all of those ComStar mechs only 2 would be (IMO) good additions. The Mercury, its THE proto Omnimech. Secondly I would like the Exterminator, it had a highly sophisticated radar/ecm that rendered it invisible to most sensors, in addition it has a unique paint that acted as mimetic camouflage.. Just my 2 C-bills worth.

Edited by Tavious Grimm, 06 March 2016 - 11:50 AM.

#24 thehiddenedge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:00 PM

For some reason I always thought of the Crab as THE Comstar mech and we have that, so I'm good. But didn't Comstar not start making exclusive models until around the time of the schism? Before then I thought that they used leftover SLDF mechs and that they only manufactured existing models or slightly improved variants in very small numbers.

View PostTheArisen, on 06 March 2016 - 03:57 AM, said:

Another notable mech that's available is the Pillager.
http://www.masteruni...Id=18&EraId=256

Did somebody say Pillager?
just take my money PGI..

also... Thunderhawk is on the list too

Edited by thehiddenedge, 06 March 2016 - 05:43 PM.

#25 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,275 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:03 PM

View PostTavious Grimm, on 06 March 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

ComStar exclusive mechs would require ComStar becoming a playable faction. Something very unlikely to happen. But I'll indulge in this for a moment, out of all of those ComStar mechs only 2 would be (IMO) good additions. The Mercury, its THE proto Omnimech. Secondly I would like the Exterminator, it had a highly sophisticated radar/ecm that rendered it invisible to most sensors, in addition it has a unique paint that was laser reflective. Just my 2 C-bills worth.

Honestly, the Mercury is just a Locust with 2-4 laser hardpoints.
As for the Exterminator, only one - extremely rare and extinct - variant had all those gadgets. Not even ComStar has it in the current timeframe.

#26 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:08 PM

View Postthehiddenedge, on 06 March 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

For some reason I always thought of the Crab as the Comstar mech and we have that, so I'm good.

You remember that correctly, we do have ComStar exclusives (as of 3052) in game already, such as:

- CRB-27
- KTO-19
- TBT-3C
- BL-6-KNT
- BL-6b-KNT
- BLR-2C
- KGC-000

Many of them were made available to the IS post-Tukayyid, after ComStar became a secular organization, but MWO has not yet reached that point. All of the above were not available to the IS factions in game.

Btw., the RAT in ER:3052 (pp.151-155) is also a good guide for building an average unit, even if not exhaustive.

View Postthehiddenedge, on 06 March 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

But didn't Comstar not start making exclusive models until around the time of the schism?

If you refer to the Clanbusters, they did modify some designs. The KGC-001 would be possible in game.

Edited by FLG 01, 06 March 2016 - 12:10 PM.

#27 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:29 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 March 2016 - 03:21 AM, said:

Comstar exclusive mechs eh? It will make PGI a tidy sum, so why not?

Exterminator, Excalibur, Spartan, Salamander, Shootist, Spector, Crockett... decent choices. Thug and Lancelot are kinda obsolete, unless hardpoints are inflated, or heavily quirked.

The Lancelot is a must...

#28 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:26 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 06 March 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

You remember that correctly, we do have ComStar exclusives (as of 3052) in game already, such as:

- CRB-27
- KTO-19
- TBT-3C
- BL-6-KNT
- BL-6b-KNT
- BLR-2C
- KGC-000

Many of them were made available to the IS post-Tukayyid, after ComStar became a secular organization, but MWO has not yet reached that point. All of the above were not available to the IS factions in game.

Btw., the RAT in ER:3052 (pp.151-155) is also a good guide for building an average unit, even if not exhaustive.

If you refer to the Clanbusters, they did modify some designs. The KGC-001 would be possible in game.

Especially now that 3053 is on the table unlike when King Crab initially came out.

#29 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 06 March 2016 - 02:27 PM

View Postmartian, on 06 March 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

Well, both 'Mechs are very similar, so I guess it was 50:50. I think that BattleTech fans like both 'Mechs.

On one hand, all current Guillotine models have one SRM rack in CT, so you would have two slots to play with. On the other hand, Grasshopper is tall and narrow (and perhaps we could say that it has better silhouette), while Guillotine is shorter and broader (especially those wide shoulders).

Oh right... the one with the an SRM6 in the LT and RT was an unofficial dealie in one of the old magazines...

Still... at least I could use that single missile hard point to mount a NARC or something useful...

#30 Homeskilit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 523 posts
  • LocationFlanking

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:14 PM

It would have been cool if the Com Guards had appeared during the Tukayyid event and fought for the Inner Sphere. It would have been even cooler if they had been an all Developer (or even Developer and friends) faction.

#31 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:20 PM

I don't need ComStar as a faction in game, but ComStar content would be nice, especially cockpit items.

#32 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:37 PM

would love to get my hands on the 100 ton annialator..4 lbx 10's any-1?

#33 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:52 PM

The Annihilator is quite off-topic since ComStar did not have any of those. ;)

#34 SkaerKrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:11 PM

The issue is that a lot of the ComStar mechs circa 3053 are redundant with non-Comstar mechs (heck, things like the Bombardier, Lancelot, and Thug were used to replace similar entries in TRO 3050 when it was reprinted without mechs with Harmony Gold owned images). That doesn't exclude them from being added to the game, mind you, but it does mean that they will need to be appropriately quirked to sort out any redundancy. As quirks are up the air right now, I don't think that we'll see ComStar forces until that's finalized.

That said, I'd like everyone to get their favorite Gundams, so I'd welcome the addition of ComStar mechs.

#35 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:22 PM

View PostSkaerKrow, on 06 March 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

The issue is that a lot of the ComStar mechs circa 3053 are redundant with non-Comstar mechs (heck, things like the Bombardier, Lancelot, and Thug were used to replace similar entries in TRO 3050 when it was reprinted without mechs with Harmony Gold owned images). That doesn't exclude them from being added to the game, mind you, but it does mean that they will need to be appropriately quirked to sort out any redundancy. As quirks are up the air right now, I don't think that we'll see ComStar forces until that's finalized.

That said, I'd like everyone to get their favorite Gundams, so I'd welcome the addition of ComStar mechs.

Right, part of this is about mechs that're currently out of production but are in CS's possession. The Nightstar, Pillager, etc.

#36 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 06 March 2016 - 04:52 PM, said:

The Annihilator is quite off-topic since ComStar did not have any of those. Posted Image

That's true. The Annihilator is a pure SLDF design, only brought into production towards the end of the Amaris Civil War. I don't think Comstar got any of these as the SLDF-in-exile took all examples and plans for the 'mech design with them on their exodus.

Edited by TELEFORCE, 06 March 2016 - 05:42 PM.

#37 thehiddenedge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 06 March 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

That's true. The Annihilator is a pure SLDF design, only brought into production towards the end of the Amaris Civil War. I don't think Comstar got any of these as the SLDF-in-exile took all examples and plans for the 'mech design with them on their exodus.

Yup, you're right. In fact the first time an Annihilator was seen in the Inner Sphere post-exodus was one the Wolf's Dragoons brought back with them(so around 3015). They were under the impression that it had been in use with the House armies during the succession wars,

#38 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:54 PM

List of mech that comstar uses that can be in MWO:
Thunderhawk
Mercury
Stinger
Thorn
Wasp
Mongoose
Nexus
Raptor
Firefly
Hermes
Hitman
Hussar
Jackal
Javelin
Scarabus
Falcon Hawk
Ostscout
Owens
Spector
Venom
Assassin
Clint
Sentinel
Vulcan
Whitworth
Beowulf
Stealth
Wyvern
Chameleon
Enfield
Raijin
Tessen
Dervish
Grim Reaper
Lineholder
Champion
Helios
Lancelot
Ostroc
Bombardier
Cestus
Crusader
Exterminator
Caesar
Excalibur
Gallowglas
Guillotine
Shootist
Falconer
War Dog
O-Bakemono
Salamander
Spartan
Thug
Crockett
Gunslinger
Longbow
Cyclops
Emperor
Viking
Cerberus
Nightstar
Grand Titan
Pillager

As I stated they all can be in MWO but it is up to PGI if they want to make ALL of these mechs. Some Comstar chassis are already in MWO by the way.

#39 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:03 PM

Frankly, once PGI gets through with the 3025 technical readout mechs the need to feed my inner childhood BT nerd will be sated. I know nothing of these comstar mechs of which you speak (not really true, but for some reason they hold no nostalgia value for me like the 3025 era mechs do (with the exception of the ost mechs...I always thought they just looked goofy)).

#40 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

View PostHomeskilit, on 06 March 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

It would have been cool if the Com Guards had appeared during the Tukayyid event and fought for the Inner Sphere. It would have been even cooler if they had been an all Developer (or even Developer and friends) faction.

Developers are mostly steering wheel underhive. I would not want to bring them to a CW match with me. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users