#41 Homeskilit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 523 posts
  • LocationFlanking

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:10 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 March 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

Developers are mostly steering wheel underhive. I would not want to bring them to a CW match with me. Posted Image

They would naturally pilot "lostech" super powered mechs, you know, no heat, infinite ammo, and invulnerability for the lolz.

Imagine the rage that would ensue.

#42 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:39 PM

View Postclownwarlord, on 06 March 2016 - 05:54 PM, said:

List of mech that comstar uses that can be in MWO:
Thunderhawk
Mercury
Stinger
Thorn
Wasp
Mongoose
Nexus
Raptor
Firefly
Hermes
Hitman
Hussar
Jackal
Javelin
Scarabus
Falcon Hawk
Ostscout
Owens
Spector
Venom
Assassin
Clint
Sentinel
Vulcan
Whitworth
Beowulf
Stealth
Wyvern
Chameleon
Enfield
Raijin
Tessen
Dervish
Grim Reaper
Lineholder
Champion
Helios
Lancelot
Ostroc
Bombardier
Cestus
Crusader
Exterminator
Caesar
Excalibur
Gallowglas
Guillotine
Shootist
Falconer
War Dog
O-Bakemono
Salamander
Spartan
Thug
Crockett
Gunslinger
Longbow
Cyclops
Emperor
Viking
Cerberus
Nightstar
Grand Titan
Pillager

As I stated they all can be in MWO but it is up to PGI if they want to make ALL of these mechs. Some Comstar chassis are already in MWO by the way.

Going off that list, a ComStar pack could be:
- Javelin or Spector
- Assassin or Rajin
- Falconer, Lancelot or Exterminator
- Nightstar or Pillager

#43 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:13 AM

I'm surprised no ones "drunk" in this thread. Has that more or less died out?

#44 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:36 PM

View Postthehiddenedge, on 06 March 2016 - 05:50 PM, said:

Yup, you're right. In fact the first time an Annihilator was seen in the Inner Sphere post-exodus was one the Wolf's Dragoons brought back with them(so around 3015). They were under the impression that it had been in use with the House armies during the succession wars,

They first appeared in 3009 (as per Wolf's Dragoons SB) and surprised ComStar a lot, to put it mildly, since they only knew about the Annihilator from theoretical data found in SL research facilities. They had no idea this Mech was ever produced until the Dragoons used it.

But returning to topic: what I like about the ComGuards is that they fielded extremely rare Mechs, almost museum pieces. The Excalibur is a nice example: ComStar had less than a dozen, but it was there. And technically ComStar was not even the only one:

Posted Image

#45 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 07 March 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

They first appeared in 3009 (as per Wolf's Dragoons SB) and surprised ComStar a lot, to put it mildly, since they only knew about the Annihilator from theoretical data found in SL research facilities. They had no idea this Mech was ever produced until the Dragoons used it.

But returning to topic: what I like about the ComGuards is that they fielded extremely rare Mechs, almost museum pieces. The Excalibur is a nice example: ComStar had less than a dozen, but it was there. And technically ComStar was not even the only one:

Posted Image

Hmm I like it, I could get behind this mech.

How about these mechs in a ComStar pack.
- Javelin
- Assassin
- Excalibur
- Nightstar

#46 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:35 PM

I am not sure if a four Mech-pack would work, because the light and medium options for ComStar are not really appealing (especially since some signature Mechs here are already in game). I mean Assassin and Javelin are nice, but they are IS general Mechs. Pretty much everyone had them, so there is nothing particular ComStar-y about them.

However there are lots of heavy and assault Mechs more or less exclusive to ComStar, which could add something to the game:
  • The Excalibur and the Spartan for example have very high engine ratings for their respective weight classes (which is why I find them both very attractive).
  • The Cestus might be something of an IS Cauldron Born.
  • The Lancelot may act as a smaller Black Knight with higher mounted hardpoints, has interesting variants, and it features a far higher engine rating than the otherwise similar Rifleman (which, again, is what I really like).
  • The Flashman would be a faster Black Knight with higher hardpoints.
  • The Thunderhawk is technically interesting as it can take three Gauss-Rifles, although the fact that they cannot be fired at the same time makes it less interesting. However the quirks to be expected certainly include a Gauss bonus, which the King Crab lacks.
  • Therefore the Nightstar and the Pillager, which also use GR as main armament and thus would get Gauss bonus quirks, would also be a welcome addition as IS assaults with dual gauss actually quirked for it.
  • (- this could be a achieved by the Clanbuster KGC, too).

So in the heavy and assault line up there are many options I would like to see, most of all Excalibur and Spartan. If it needs to be coupled with a light and a medium, I would prefer the Wyvern as a SL signature Mech which may work like a better Vindicator; and a Hussar simply because I want to know how a fast Urban Mech would play (see HSR-400-D with LBX-10).

Edited by FLG 01, 07 March 2016 - 06:37 PM.

#47 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:07 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 07 March 2016 - 06:35 PM, said:

I am not sure if a four Mech-pack would work, because the light and medium options for ComStar are not really appealing (especially since some signature Mechs here are already in game). I mean Assassin and Javelin are nice, but they are IS general Mechs. Pretty much everyone had them, so there is nothing particular ComStar-y about them.

However there are lots of heavy and assault Mechs more or less exclusive to ComStar, which could add something to the game:
  • The Excalibur and the Spartan for example have very high engine ratings for their respective weight classes (which is why I find them both very attractive).
  • The Cestus might be something of an IS Cauldron Born.
  • The Lancelot may act as a smaller Black Knight with higher mounted hardpoints, has interesting variants, and it features a far higher engine rating than the otherwise similar Rifleman (which, again, is what I really like).
  • The Flashman would be a faster Black Knight with higher hardpoints.
  • The Thunderhawk is technically interesting as it can take three Gauss-Rifles, although the fact that they cannot be fired at the same time makes it less interesting. However the quirks to be expected certainly include a Gauss bonus, which the King Crab lacks.
  • Therefore the Nightstar and the Pillager, which also use GR as main armament and thus would get Gauss bonus quirks, would also be a welcome addition as IS assaults with dual gauss actually quirked for it.
  • (- this could be a achieved by the Clanbuster KGC, too).

So in the heavy and assault line up there are many options I would like to see, most of all Excalibur and Spartan. If it needs to be coupled with a light and a medium, I would prefer the Wyvern as a SL signature Mech which may work like a better Vindicator; and a Hussar simply because I want to know how a fast Urban Mech would play (see HSR-400-D with LBX-10).

The Wyvern would be terrible. How about the Rajin? Or the Lynx?

#48 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:21 PM

The Lynx would be cool, but so far I have not seen evidence the ComGuards had it. I wish I am wrong, so I would be very happy for evidence on the contrary!
The Raijin would be cool, as would be the Grim Reaper. I am just more fond of models that served on Tukayyid, but I know that is just my personal preference and I understand why one likes the Raijin. I certainly would not mind piloting it.

#49 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:03 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 07 March 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

The Lynx would be cool, but so far I have not seen evidence the ComGuards had it. I wish I am wrong, so I would be very happy for evidence on the contrary!
The Raijin would be cool, as would be the Grim Reaper. I am just more fond of models that served on Tukayyid, but I know that is just my personal preference and I understand why one likes the Raijin. I certainly would not mind piloting it.

I looked through all the CS mediums that don't have any timeline issues and are more or less unique to CS and the Rajin easily keeps my vote.

The Lynx sadly isn't CS, it'd be an epic addition.

I like the Hussar, but it'd need hard points in more than just it's CT. Ideally it'd get some in it's torsos & the variant with arm mounted lasers. Otherwise... It will seriously lack firepower, even for a light.

#50 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,741 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:52 PM

Unfortunately, majority of the Star League era mechs, mechs used at the Battle of Tukiyadd by Comstar, are humanoid mechs. Few have high enough hardpoints, thus putting most of them in the lower tiers.

For many Star League era, IS era and Clan mechs, humanoids mechs need to be able to raise their arms temp to bring to bear those weapons, and for Star League, IS battlemechs and future omni mechs, change how is-XL engines are handled instead of using structural quirks.

It is sad when consideration has to be taken when purchasing a mech depending on where the hardpoints will be located and the type of hardpoints on whether or not the mech is worth purchasing.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 07 March 2016 - 08:56 PM.

#51 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 07 March 2016 - 08:52 PM, said:

Unfortunately, majority of the Star League era mechs, mechs used at the Battle of Tukiyadd by Comstar, are humanoid mechs. Few have high enough hardpoints, thus putting most of them in the lower tiers.

For many Star League era, IS era and Clan mechs, humanoids mechs need to be able to raise their arms temp to bring to bear those weapons, and for Star League, IS battlemechs and future omni mechs, change how is-XL engines are handled instead of using structural quirks.

It is sad when consideration has to be taken when purchasing a mech depending on where the hardpoints will be located and the type of hardpoints on whether or not the mech is worth purchasing.

Not all CS mechs as of 3053 are humanoid, or bad.

For example, the mechs we've been listing.
Hussar is a chicken walker
Rajin - chicken walker pod
Nightstar, also not humanoid.

#52 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:48 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 07 March 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

I like the Hussar, but it'd need hard points in more than just it's CT. Ideally it'd get some in it's torsos & the variant with arm mounted lasers. Otherwise... It will seriously lack firepower, even for a light.

Right. Fortunately many Mechs in game have inflated hardpoints, so I don't think it's impossible. Also, the -350-D has hardpoints in the arms, too.

However, as I said before, finding a light and a medium is rather tough, whereas the selection of good heavy and assault Mechs is far greater.

View PostTarl Cabot, on 07 March 2016 - 08:52 PM, said:

Lower mounted hardpoints are a disadvantage, but none that could not be overcome with quirks. Look at the Black Knight. It may have taken three months until the meta-tryhards realized it is not as bad as they believed, but meanwhile it is known that this Mech is quite solid despite extremely low mounted hardpoints.

View PostTheArisen, on 07 March 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:

Not all CS mechs as of 3053 are humanoid, or bad.

Even if they are humanoid, it does not automatically mean low hardpoints. Flashman and Lancelot have stiff arms like the Rifleman has, translating into high mounts in game.

#53 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:09 AM

A little Comstar love would be nice. I'd especially like some camo.

#54 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 08 March 2016 - 06:48 AM, said:

Right. Fortunately many Mechs in game have inflated hardpoints, so I don't think it's impossible. Also, the -350-D has hardpoints in the arms, too.

However, as I said before, finding a light and a medium is rather tough, whereas the selection of good heavy and assault Mechs is far greater.

Lower mounted hardpoints are a disadvantage, but none that could not be overcome with quirks. Look at the Black Knight. It may have taken three months until the meta-tryhards realized it is not as bad as they believed, but meanwhile it is known that this Mech is quite solid despite extremely low mounted hardpoints.

Even if they are humanoid, it does not automatically mean low hardpoints. Flashman and Lancelot have stiff arms like the Rifleman has, translating into high mounts in game.

Oh I know humanoid doesn't equal bad, it was a point about aesthetics. Many strong mechs are humanoid.

View PostPrecentor Martial Jarcaddy, on 08 March 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

ComStar camp & decals (when they come) would be excellent.

#55 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:05 PM

View PostPrecentor Martial Jarcaddy, on 08 March 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

Titanium White, its the only MC colour I've bought, and full price at that.

#56 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:36 PM

View PostCycKath, on 08 March 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

Titanium White, its the only MC colour I've bought, and full price at that.

Nice

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users