Shadow Cat Builds.

26 replies to this topic

#1 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:50 PM

I'm thinking of getting a Shadow Cat. I was wondering which variant i should get first and what build it should have?

#2 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:11 AM

Fear the glorious MGCat Posted Image

But really. It's a really good mech for LPL ECM sneakiness. Kinda like a big MLX.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 07 March 2016 - 01:11 AM.

#3 Zionkan

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:21 AM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 07 March 2016 - 01:11 AM, said:

Fear the glorious MGCat Posted Image

But really. It's a really good mech for LPL ECM sneakiness. Kinda like a big MLX.

Didnt u forget something? Clue Mgs wont work.

Edited by Zionkan, 07 March 2016 - 01:22 AM.

#4 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:46 AM

View PostZionkan, on 07 March 2016 - 01:21 AM, said:

Didnt u forget something? Clue Mgs wont work.

I'm well aware of this. It's just a joke build.

SHC-A Try this one if you liked poking with the MLX. It's got more bite, but runs really toasty. ECM side can be deadsided if you really need to.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 07 March 2016 - 01:54 AM.

#5 Speedy Pinky

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:09 AM

2x LPL + ECM
3x SRM6+A + 2x SPL + ECM
or 3x SSRM6+A + 2 ML + ECM
1x PPC + 6MG work only in teamplay good.
Use MASC or you wont live long as Brawler Cat.

#6 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostSpeedy Pinky, on 07 March 2016 - 02:09 AM, said:

2x LPL + ECM
3x SRM6+A + 2x SPL + ECM
or 3x SSRM6+A + 2 ML + ECM
1x PPC + 6MG work only in teamplay good.
Use MASC or you wont live long as Brawler Cat.

All of my are this build. It's costly to do that, but being able to literally run right at an assault, JJ over and pull a 180, then alpha it in the back twice for either serious damage or a kill is total lulz.

#7 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:43 AM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 07 March 2016 - 01:46 AM, said:

I'm well aware of this. It's just a joke build.

SHC-A Try this one if you liked poking with the MLX. It's got more bite, but runs really toasty. ECM side can be deadsided if you really need to.

I only run 2xERPPC shadow cats, and i tried that version.. i dont like it because i ALWAYS end up losing the right side and being a walking ECM.. much prefer it with 1 PPC in each arm. Yeah, convergence is worse, but you dont end up useless with 1ST missing, you get much better up/down aim and with the heat nerfs from losing a ST with C-XL you cant manage 2 PPCs with the right sided build anyway once its lost a ST..

#8 Grimnir79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:12 AM

I've had the greatest success with the stock SHC-B build: 2xLRM15 and 2xML. The shadowcat is to fragile to be used as a close support mech, so harassing and providing support at long range is better.

2 x LLS + some SSRM's for close defence also works okay, but those laser beams will make you a easy target to spot.

#9 Bassie

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:43 PM

This must be the fifth post on shadowcat builds...

Good options contained in the other posts.

6mg and a flamer for the win!!

#10 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:31 PM

Gauss + 3x ermlas?

#11 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:28 PM

I initially ran mine with 2 Large Pulse Lasers, and one ER Medium Laser. The LPLs were in either arm and the 1 ERMED was in my right torso. And it had ECM, of course. It was... mediocre. It worked but not very well. Then the other day I discovered the wonders that were SRMs, having never touched SRMs since the days when you could watch all your missiles splat against an enemy mech and get no damage. I was surprised at how effective they have become. I also don't see SRMs used against me very often, so I was like, totally clueless as to the effectiveness of SRMs outside of a couple of my light mechs that mount a single SRM6 as a side weapon to their lasers. Then I got my hands on a Catapult and instantly fell in love with SRMs. I had a wise idea and went back to my Shadowcat and changed around some omnipods and now it runs 3 SRM6 and, 2 ERMedLas, and ECM. It wrecks face pretty well and I love it. And the fact that it has MASC that can temporarily accelerate you to light mech level speeds is great for charging, splatting, and then getting out of danger fast.

#12 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:17 AM

what are peoples thoughts on the Camp Shadow cat prime?

#13 Beakus McMunch

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:48 AM

Try one with UAC-10 and 2 ER-Meds.

#14 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:32 AM

I initially hated the shadow cat, probably because it was competing for play time against the likes of the EBJ and ACH.

It has become a mech that I really enjoy playing now since the MASC improvement.

I only run 2 builds, as I only use 2 variants

Popbrawl: 3xSSRM6, 2xML, ECM,
ERPPC sniper with 2xERPPC, ECM, TC1

#15 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:32 AM

3x cERLL + cECM
2x cLPL + cERML + cECM

^The two im using for fun. With brain and good positioning you can make both work pretty well.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 12 March 2016 - 07:33 AM.

#16 Vossiewulf

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSan Mateo, CA

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

I run the 3 x CERLL + ECM version but I think 2 x ERLL + 1 x ERML + ECM + TComp I + 2 DHS is a better option as it means you can keep all three weapons in action even when people decide they want to play in Terra Shutdown or Caustic.

With the 3 x ERLL one, its happy place is Polar Highlands. Once the lines form, use speed to run around flank/rear at 800m or so. Top dmg I've had is 867 but have done over 600 several times, and max kills is 5.

#17 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:36 PM

I found the best build to be 3 Streaks-6 and 2 ML. This can be run on any Skitty, because of your omnipod system. Also, Artemis SRM-6 and 2 ML is popular.

I also like UAC20 with 2 SML or UAC10 with 2 ML. The UAC20 build can one shot mech from behind with the double tap (4:03)

I've been considering 2 LPL and 3 MG. Don't waste your time with ERLL or ERPPC.

EDIT: Oh yeah, REMEMBER TO USE YOUR MASC. It's super helpful, especially for turning.

Edited by Snowbluff, 31 March 2016 - 07:39 PM.

#18 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:16 AM

best advice: don't buy a SHC

I don't know what's the fanfare is about it. The ECM is nice but it doesn't have enough firepower nor armor, and it's size/hitbox are all wrong for its tonnage. effectively, you're dead if someone looks at you the wrong way.

the 2 best builds i have are 2xLPL, and 1xUAC20 (not kidding)

the 3xSRM6 build sort of works, but the problem is range, esp if you don't have the range module. 270m is going to get you killed. at least the UAC20 reaches 378m and beyond.

and all these builds still lack firepower

given a choice, i would always take a HBK-IIC over a SHC.

and if you want a fast, fragile, high jump capability, nimble, ECM equipped Clan medium omnimech with sub-par firepower, buy an Arctic Cheetah. I'm not kidding.

View PostLupis Volk, on 06 March 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

I'm thinking of getting a Shadow Cat. I was wondering which variant i should get first and what build it should have?

#19 drugon

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:01 AM

Well, Shadow Cat is one of my favorites. Probably not a meta but really fun mech. Here's my current builds.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3026594f5722ded
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c66c0f4bd52ea29
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2b4c6e755473186

#20 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:00 AM

Once you get the elite skill unlocks they're great fun to use, if you remember they're better as support/snipers than as brawlers. I much prefer using mine to flank and scout and then take moments of opportunity to inflict damage. Sometimes this pays off if the other team members haven't gone and behaved stupid and gotten killed already. I have one with 2 LRM-10+Artemis and 2 ERML, one with a gauss and 1 ERML, and one with an ERLL and ERPPC. All three run ECM. The missile one has an active probe also. With MASC and Speed bonus they top out at 128kph, which is fast enough to flank 180 around the grim or polar maps behind the enemy in time to back shoot the enemy and mark targets for missile volleys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users