• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:47 PM

I've been running

2x C-ERPPC, 3x C-MG, ECM
2x C-ERPPC, 6x C-MG

2x C-ERML, 2x C-S-SRM4, 1x C-ERLL

All builds have been fun to play, but overall, the SHC has a niche role as light hunter or sniper and depends on the team a lot You pretty much have to be your own scout, because you're too squishy for unplanned encounters.

#22 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:34 PM

The one I'm using to complete the scout event goals is 3xSSRM-6, 2xSPL, ECM, 3.5 tons ammo, rest of the weight into the armor and one more double heatsink.

#23 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:55 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...54f484aaaa38336

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0005ce1f36554c0

This brawler is working well on my shadow cat Prime. Not the best brawler in the world, but can be sneaky with those JJ and the weapons arm mounted ;)
You can do a MPL or a ASRM6 in the right torso, depending if you prefer more damages or more accuracy with the third MPL.

The other good build is the classical dual LPL + ERML :
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1b83580ccfa9b86

#24 ArtilleryHamster

Rookie

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

2 ER LL and then ohhhh machine guns.......... who said machine guns dont work.......... Just gonna leave this right here
Posted Image

#25 FuhNuGi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 182 posts
  • LocationMendocino California

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:02 PM

I had fun with the SHC in the old mech games, so I thought I would try it here.

If you remember you have tinfoil for armor and masc to get out of trouble, congratulations, you have started to understand the 'Cat.

The stock SHC-B build can be fun, angle off with your ecm and mark targets for your team, drop those lrms at an angle that they are not expecting. Use your ecm to protect your assault mechs... lots of good ways a skilled 'Cat pilot can be a benefit to the team.
So much fun also when I took the stock B build and used 2 mpl and swapped the lrms for srms, stacking a bit more armor... this is more of a "protect" build to keep the lights off the pack and finish off problem targets.

No mech is perfect, but for its weaknesses, the SHC can just plain be fun to drive.
Great support mech.

#26 equadox

• Pip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 11 posts
  • Locationbrooklyn, park mn

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:34 AM

I use three builds for the shadow cat
The default machine build with srm
Then the sniper build with 2xheavy large lasers with ecm and rader with lots of Heat sink
Last my favorite and its not a easy build and you need to be with the group with this one or with a teammate

You need the shadow cat-H. If you can or enough money to get the pods
Both arms 2x heavy lasers med.
Right t. Any ac10
Left t. srm 6
WATCH YOUR HEAT WITH THIS BUILD no heatsink

The other build for this is remove the srm with heavy laser replace the right arm with ac and theright t. With ecm rader and heatsink

Skill i run is half or max armor, weapons are all the cooldown and ammunition and if you want jumpjets max or near max if you jump jetting a lot

The fire set you preferred settings but i do both lasers on 1, ac on 2 and last the missles 3 !DONT ALPHA STIKE!

#27 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

View Postequadox, on 24 June 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

I use three builds for the shadow cat
The default machine build with srm
Then the sniper build with 2xheavy large lasers with ecm and rader with lots of Heat sink
Last my favorite and its not a easy build and you need to be with the group with this one or with a teammate

You need the shadow cat-H. If you can or enough money to get the pods
Both arms 2x heavy lasers med.
Right t. Any ac10
Left t. srm 6
WATCH YOUR HEAT WITH THIS BUILD no heatsink

The other build for this is remove the srm with heavy laser replace the right arm with ac and theright t. With ecm rader and heatsink

Skill i run is half or max armor, weapons are all the cooldown and ammunition and if you want jumpjets max or near max if you jump jetting a lot

The fire set you preferred settings but i do both lasers on 1, ac on 2 and last the missles 3 !DONT ALPHA STIKE!

I will probably ditch the SRM-6 but the rest of the build is intriguing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users