• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:26 PM

View PostSandpit, on 07 March 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

how much of a closer match do you want?

2000 damage and 1 kill away from a deathstar only to have the last guy out of bounds himself because he's that much of a potato.

#43 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:15 PM

Good match indeed for you but by told your team to push by H7 instead go hold highground in I9 H10 you just send your team to defeat while your team began with EZ side for this map.

No in fact it was their mistake to follow a bad order for them but guess by this way you got really nice position for PPC snipe, with lots of meat shields xD

Did really like your tactical retreat at end too much people dont know when they have to retreat to a better position like the maraudeur...
Epic match.

#44 4rcs1ne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 474 posts
  • LocationKnoxville,TN

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:00 PM

Nice job Aresye! I feel lucky when I pull half that much damage in a summoner. :)

#45 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:11 PM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 07 March 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

Good match indeed for you but by told your team to push by H7 instead go hold highground in I9 H10 you just send your team to defeat while your team began with EZ side for this map.

No in fact it was their mistake to follow a bad order for them but guess by this way you got really nice position for PPC snipe, with lots of meat shields xD

Did really like your tactical retreat at end too much people dont know when they have to retreat to a better position like the maraudeur...
Epic match.

Had an Atlas, Executioner, Highlander-IIC, and Dire Wolf in the farthest spawn from the hill (Charlie Lance). It's literally impossible for them to reach the main hill in time if the enemy team decides to push.

It was a simple risk assessment. Looking back on it, our assault lance could have made it up there in time because the enemy team took their sweet time, but there was no way of knowing that in advance.

If the enemy team had pushed the hill immediately (which they do 99% of the time on Alpine), our assaults had no chance of making it there in time, and our remaining 2 lances would not have been able to hold the hill against the entire enemy team.

#46 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:15 PM

Why did that Wolfhound(?) and Catapult let him escape half way through the video?

The target has 2 ERPPCs and the Catapult just decide to walk off in the open. Posted Image

#47 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:51 PM

View PostAresye, on 07 March 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

Had an Atlas, Executioner, Highlander-IIC, and Dire Wolf in the farthest spawn from the hill (Charlie Lance). It's literally impossible for them to reach the main hill in time if the enemy team decides to push.

It was a simple risk assessment. Looking back on it, our assault lance could have made it up there in time because the enemy team took their sweet time, but there was no way of knowing that in advance.

If the enemy team had pushed the hill immediately (which they do 99% of the time on Alpine), our assaults had no chance of making it there in time, and our remaining 2 lances would not have been able to hold the hill against the entire enemy team.

I know this i saw the video bro
But ennemies assauts haven't time neither for reach others lance and make a total push together before your assauts lance is about to climb.
And more than that if yours 2 others lances who are already on I9 H10 and also have a really good position on high ground don't fight, dont harrass till wait the assauts lance come in position ...

Well they totally deserve to lose and fresh 4 assauts may not change this becose rushing a team which had solids positions and the high ground is virtually impossible even pugs could defend this with succes agaisnt top unit...that's why even when assauts spawn far from high ground every team should just secure high ground and win the match really EZ like 12 - 3 even by playing bad lol

And in fact when the team which spawn on same side than you ( assaut lance have almost all times far spawn possible it seem ) don't take high ground, or dont deploy totally on it like I9 & H10 or wait theirs assauts before fight it's the best way for lose with the ez side xD.

Ennemy team always take their sweet time on this side of map ( it was pugland right ? ).
Well this map is like ok you have high ground you won if you dont do a "WTF" weird move.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 07 March 2016 - 09:55 PM.

#48 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,934 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:11 PM

i know some of my best played games have in fact been losses. it usually happens with both teams are inexplicably bad, but but by some glitch in the match maker you end up the best player of the game on the weakest team. if you have even the smallest shred of skill (relatively speaking) you can pretty much lone wolf the whole match. no point attempting teamwork, nobody else wants that. its usually not the path to victory but you walk away with a huge score and a sense of pride for how far you inserted your fist into the orifice of that kobiyashi maru scenario.

Edited by LordNothing, 07 March 2016 - 10:14 PM.

#49 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:24 AM

View PostAresye, on 07 March 2016 - 01:56 PM, said:

Destiny in this case meaning, there are some games you literally feel that the MM has destined you to lose, and there is absolutely NOTHING you can do about it:

Posted Image

[...]

Normally I despise posting match stats screenshots for showing off, but this one is REALLY impressive. Especially in a SMN on the losing side.
Well done ^^.

#50 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:52 AM

yeah C-ERPPC's are nasty. did 500ish damage with just one in my Must Lynx C.

#51 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:00 AM

Crazy round, very good. Especially in a build like that.

One criticism though.The LRM boats towards the start were tearing through your team, I think you should have prioritized those guys or at least tried to draw fire from them more. Chain firing PPCs at enemies like this usually makes them react.

Edited by Louis Brofist, 08 March 2016 - 02:01 AM.

#52 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:11 AM

Wow! Yer really good mister. I hope I can be like you sometime.

#53 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:45 AM

Damn dude!

#54 Febrosian R Gillingham

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:59 AM

Airy sea, caring sky
Dancing round so fluffy free
Yet he blown up, couldn't win
He needed some more density!

#55 Spr1ggan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:11 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 07 March 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

Ah, 10 minutes...that is a lot of shooting.

Your 7 Terribads kind of hurt your odds...but they gave you a (possibly?) new personal record, so at least you've got that going for you.

I haven't even gotten 1500 in the PUG LIFE. The snowball falls too fast.

1600+ was the best i've ever done in the solo queue, never been close to 2k. The only other players i've seen get 2k were Celyth and Writhen.

#56 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:21 AM

View PostLouis Brofist, on 08 March 2016 - 02:00 AM, said:

Crazy round, very good. Especially in a build like that.

One criticism though.The LRM boats towards the start were tearing through your team, I think you should have prioritized those guys or at least tried to draw fire from them more. Chain firing PPCs at enemies like this usually makes them react.

His mates kept moving into LRM range with no good cover. There was no saving them.

#57 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:08 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 08 March 2016 - 06:21 AM, said:

His mates kept moving into LRM range with no good cover. There was no saving them.

Some players (especially the slower mechs) look to be giving up right form the start. 2K damage with good aim is indeed a good game.

#58 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:37 AM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 07 March 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

2000 damage and 1 kill away from a deathstar only to have the last guy out of bounds himself because he's that much of a potato.

I've gotten 10, but never 12 :(

I've got 12 assists, but that's the only 12 I've ever hit. I want my deathstar dammit! lol

(P.S. PGI, those players should get a deathstar cockpit item)

#59 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:40 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I'm at a loss for words.... but I think we found the true Aidan Pryde.... and he's from the FFR.....Posted Image

#60 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:43 AM

View PostSandpit, on 08 March 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

I've gotten 10, but never 12 Posted Image

I've got 12 assists, but that's the only 12 I've ever hit. I want my deathstar dammit! lol

(P.S. PGI, those players should get a deathstar cockpit item)

Meh, I'm still chasing the Ace of Spades. You would think, having done it in 8v8, that it would come easily. It does not. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users