Need Help

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 KIP1213

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:14 AM

I have playing for a week, and want to purches a package. I like the jag mechs. What package will include them.

#2 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:20 AM

Have a look at the mastery packs, there you can get 3 JägerMechs, including Hero and Champion variant.
Go to the webshop -> Mastery Bundles -> Scroll down to the JägerMech Bundle and click on it.
https://mwomercs.com/store/gifts

Alternativly you can buy it via MC in the Ingame Shop.

#3 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:28 AM

The Jagermech mastery pack is a great value!

I bought it and am really happy with it.

You get 3 mechs

Firebrand: PPC quirks, but you can run most ballistic builds. My favorite is either dual gauss, or 2 AC5 and 2 PPC. Actually, I started running it with 2 LPL in arms and 4 ML in torso and a STD engine. That one is fun too.

JM6-A: The "missile" mech. Has 4 M points in the arms, but good ballistic quirks too. Try this one with two UAC5s and 4 SRM6's for a stupid brawler if you want :) It will probably be a bit slow though.

JM6-S: Has good ballistic quirks as well. Great for dual gauss.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:30 AM

Huh, interesting the mastery pack leaves you longing for the JM6-DD, which has the most ballistics. If you're a collector, definitely use those three to get the JM6DD. It's pretty sweet (6 ballistic slots!) Mastery packs put all of its content at 50% off the individual prices. It also includes stuff like cockpit decorations, etc.

Alternatively -- consider the Rifleman, the Jagermech's ancestor recently released into MWO Only available in the store's pre-order thing (although already released, it will be a few months before available for MC [not worthwhile compared to the store price] and soon after cbills). For 20 bucks it's 3 variants. No missiles, but that's okay.
RFL-3N: 6 energy (1 per arm, 2 per ST) and 2 ballistics (arms).
RFL-3C: 4 energy (2 per ST) and 4 ballistics (2 per arm). <--JM6-S.
RFL-5D: 8 energy (3 per arm and 2 in CT).
60 tons.
20 bucks. (No heroes though, no cbill bonus mechs.)

For comparison:
JM6-FB: 6 energy (1 per arm, 2 per ST) and 2 ballistics (arms).
JM6-A (Champion) 2 energy (1 per ST), 4 missile (2 per arm) and 2 ballistics (1 per arm)
JM6-S: 4 energy (2 per ST) and 4 ballistics (2 per arm).
65 tons.
(Hero: +30% cbill bonus.)
(Champion: I heard something about them tacking in a Cbill bonus; anyone know the specifics? I don't use champions.)

6,942 MC for the bundle.
(To get that your best bet is the 12,000 deal).
$49.95 = 12,000 MC
$28.90 : 6942 (would be the cost of the actual mastery pack).

#5 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:50 AM

If you haven't already bought MC, it's slightly cheaper to buy it directly from the gift store for 28 USD instead of using MC.

#6 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:56 AM

My friend bought the Jaegermech Mastery Pack soon after he started, and he ended up hating it. This is a cautionary tale not against Jaegermechs (you might love it--many people do!), but against buying a 'mech pack for a chassis you've never tried before.

If you already have bought and tried out a Jaeger, then by all means, get the Mastery Pack!

If not, I'd suggest picking up the JM-DD, and if you like it, then get the Mastery Pack. That way you have all four variants, and you aren't taking a risk on a chassis you might not end up liking.

#7 KIP1213

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:18 AM

Thanks im set guys, and thank you again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users