For all those who hate goons....

197 replies to this topic

#21 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostDer Pizzadieb, on 13 July 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

So due to the sheer amount of posts about goons in the single thread about goons there was the urgent need to create another thread about goons. Trolling much?

You surely didnt listen to your mom this time :(

please, less hate, see the rainbow kakapo too ease your pain, he works wonders.

#22 Third Flower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

Edit: Just to be clear, the above is IN CHARACTER, not as Third Flower but as Hank Ironhitch, a down-on-his-luck mercenary who likes to keep up on current Inner Sphere affairs in his spare time. He watched the trial in question. Third Flower doesn't have a TV, and neither do I.

Edit 2: Hey man don't post in between me posting and me posting again for editing purposes - that's sort of rude.

Edit 3: You know, doing a lot of edits is a lot more fun when you do it as a gimmick the first time. When you do it to explain that the first part of this post - that was supposed to be the last part of my post on the last page - doesn't refer to Skadi, but to that earlier mentioned post on the last page. Well, it sort of loses its charm. Have a nice day.

Edited by Third Flower, 13 July 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#23 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

View PostThird Flower, on 13 July 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Edit 2: Hey man don't post in between me posting and me posting again for editing purposes - that's sort of rude.

Posted Image

#24 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostQuasimoto, on 13 July 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

So, Mason Grimm - Technician/Community Forum Moderator and Alex Iglesias PGI staff endorse the Goons and their behavior.
Wow.
The Goons...notorious childish trolls, ruiner of games and all around evil muppets.

Hey Grimm and Iglesias, why don't you pull your head out of your ******* ***** and try to make the game enjoyable for everyone instead of your loser buddies?

Houston. We have a problem.

Yes! we do have a problem!
You.

Edited by Skadi, 13 July 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#25 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

To quote a very good film: "Frankly my dear, I just don't give a damn"

I played Battletech, played it since I was 6. Still have all my minis and rulebooks. But it too was a game.

If you are saying a few hecklers are going to bring your entire universe down around you? Maybe you need to rethink WHY you play games.

Don't be the guy who throws his dice across the room because you are not playing the game 'his way' or 'the way its meant to be played'

I bear you no ill will, and will cover your back when the time comes in battle

Interesting. You are the one getting aggressive about someone else quoting facts.
For me it looks like that you are demanding that everyone needs to play the game as you want it (fun and without "serious business"), but do not tolerate other peoples opinions on how it should/could be played.
Thats all I'm saying and all I'm asking for.

By the way: I'm rather new to the BT Universe and a good deal too young for knowing it 20 years (disclaimer: me = 24). But still, I'm a role-palyer through and through. Thats why I decided on my way to play this game.

And again: I just ask of you to respect that, since I will respect your way of gaming as long as it doesn't get out of hand*. In the end, during a match there is no time for anything else anyways.

*Hearing rumors of goons using Hitlers face as avatars just for the "lulz" is kind of disturbing, sorry.
And if you yourself think these people are making mistakes, maybe a bit more discipline would be in order. If not, carry on.

Edit:
******* typos. 3:30 am is way too late/early for posting.

Edited by Faenwulf, 13 July 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#26 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

So, Mason Grimm - Technician/Community Forum Moderator and Alex Iglesias PGI staff endorse the Goons and their behavior.
Wow.
The Goons...notorious childish trolls, ruiner of games and all around evil muppets.

Hey Grimm and Iglesias, why don't you pull your head out of your ******* ***** and try to make the game enjoyable for everyone instead of your loser buddies?

Wow.

Okay, I am honestly trying to be friendly.

Please explain how many games we have ruined and why you personally are offended beyond belief, that when someone says they SERIOUSLY AND HONESTLY just want to enjoy the game and be silly, you are appalled beyond belief.

Apparently you also are perfectly capable of judging me of being a notorious childish troll, when you have never played a game with me, and do not know me.

I'm just going to let the mods handle this.

#27 I Pet Goat

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Goons would not be looked upon with hatred if their intentions were truly just to play the game and have fun, as we know it.
Playing the game for a goon = Trolling on the forums purely to seek a player reaction to their posted vomit, then spam report said person, then laugh about it on private forums while slapping each other on the back and cheering about a job well done.

The way you’ve been able to operate inside eve, it seems will not be tolerated here, from what we have seen become of your troll threads.
I for one, welcome you to “play the game” as we know it. Mech against Mech, where it’s all about player skill, not “mouthing off skill”.

I wait to see you on the battlefield. Tho honestly, I am not expecting much in terms of competition. A lot of noise while you run into a building whilst typing “SQUAWK!!” And other garbage purely to try and incite rage/reaction, but actual skill in the pilot seat? Hah! I think not.

Please cease your “we come to play the game only” deceit. Only the truth will set you free.

http://i.imgur.com/ED5Vr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WrtRT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Um1bG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iMIDc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RD9j8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/V8PCt.jpg

#28 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostFaenwulf, on 13 July 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

Interesting. Yo uare the one getting aggressive abotu someone else quoting facts.
For me it looks like that you are demanding that everyone needs to paly the game as you want it ( fun and without "serious business", but do not tolerate other peoples opinions on how it should/could be played.
Thats all I'm saying and all I'm asking for.

By the way: I'm rather new to the BT Universe and a good deal too young for knowing it 20 years (disclaimer: me = 24). But still, I'm a role-palyer through and through. Thats why I decided on my way to play this game.

And again: I just ask of you to respect that, since I will respect your way of gaming as long as it doesn't get out of hand*. In the end, durign a match there is no time for anything else anyways.

*Hearing rumors of goons using Hitlers face as avatars just for the "lulz" is kind of disturbing, sorry.
And if you yourself think these people are making mistakes, maybe a bit more discipline would be in order. If not, carry on.

The case in reference was referring to actual Battletech characters who did commit atrocities not unlike a certain dictator.

I'm going to be blunt: This is not your personal game. I applaud you for role playing, but you have to play in stride with everyone. And not everyone wants to roleplay.

#29 Pandy

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Them Goons are in everything; Mount and Blade, World of Tanks, Slient Hunter... and soon, MWO.

#30 darknothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCanada,Ontario

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

my fav goon moment was when they hijacked WOW, i swear to god these guys held up all the flight pathes killing the flying things whatever there called for 24h or so.

just because of that goons are welcome. make my game more fun to play.!

#31 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostI Pet Goat, on 13 July 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

Goons would not be looked upon with hatred if their intentions were truly just to play the game and have fun, as we know it.
Playing the game for a goon = Trolling on the forums purely to seek a player reaction to their posted vomit, then spam report said person, then laugh about it on private forums while slapping each other on the back and cheering about a job well done.

The way you’ve been able to operate inside eve, it seems will not be tolerated here, from what we have seen become of your troll threads.
I for one, welcome you to “play the game” as we know it. Mech against Mech, where it’s all about player skill, not “mouthing off skill”.

I wait to see you on the battlefield. Tho honestly, I am not expecting much in terms of competition. A lot of noise while you run into a building whilst typing “SQUAWK!!” And other garbage purely to try and incite rage/reaction, but actual skill in the pilot seat? Hah! I think not.

Please cease your “we come to play the game only” deceit. Only the truth will set you free.

You are cute.

Know why? Putting others down. Assuming we all suck for some perplexing reason.

I do only come to play the game. What others do with their own accounts is not my buisness.

But neither is it yours. Its the mods and devs.

#32 Lipot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Guys, I hate to say this but the Goons are not the be all and end all in trolling. Overall, they are great guys. I know a couple in real life and they are in my EVE Online corp. Most of them get right into character and their characters tend to play the role of the heel or general jerk. Yes, I can admit that some of them can take it too far but they are the minority yet most vocal. I should know. While I have personally never been a member of Goon/SA, I have done it myself in my much younger days. Of course that was well before everyone could get high speed internet and BBS' were the norm. I have been on the receiving end of multiple Goonswarm gate camps and receive a GF in local then everyone jumps onto the forums and does the smack talk. In the end, it is a game. And this is the internet. Your options are not limited and you can choose to ignore stuff. I like the fact that they are here. Until the Clans come, we all need a group to target even if it is Goons. Don't let the opinions of some people who got upset because they were outplayed in another game or didn't understand that they were trying to get a reaction out of a person to get an edge in a match. Talk to some of them, out of character/game. Overall, you will be surprised.

#33 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

The case in reference was referring to actual Battletech characters who did commit atrocities not unlike a certain dictator.

I'm going to be blunt: This is not your personal game. I applaud you for role playing, but you have to play in stride with everyone. And not everyone wants to roleplay.

Well, that post just shows me that I was right.
Too bad that your intentions aren't as true as you said. But oh well. At least now I know where I stand with you guys.
Thanks anyways.

Edited by Faenwulf, 13 July 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#34 Dificeman

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

Goons are scum, those that hang with goons are scum. You say you just do things to have fun and it is all fun and games etc.. BS Goons do nothing but go out of thier way to grief people end of story. Didn't know goons played anything but Eve, but nice to know. Atleast now we will know where to look to find the hackers and exploiters as other than griefing that is the only other thing your known for. BTW dont try throwing up all your personal RL stuff as a means to justify the way you act towards others in a game. My wife works for DoD as well and she is nothing like the scum found in goonswarm.

I didnt come here to rant or rave.. Frankly I could care less about your clan/guild/faction of scumbags. But seriously just dont try to justify it.

#35 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

View PostQuasimoto, on 13 July 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

This is perfect thanks for posting their forum banter.

Hey Grimm and Iglesias you going to grow some balls and and show Garth that first .jpg.....you know the one where the Goons are trying to play Garth.

You two are ******* idiots.

discrimination isnt going to help you at all, honestly your gonna make yourself look like what your trying to get rid of.
In when trying to destroy a monster, you must be carefull not to become the monster
- me butchering a old saying.

#36 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

View PostDificeman, on 13 July 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

Goons are scum, those that hang with goons are scum. You say you just do things to have fun and it is all fun and games etc.. BS Goons do nothing but go out of thier way to grief people end of story. Didn't know goons played anything but Eve, but nice to know. Atleast now we will know where to look to find the hackers and exploiters as other than griefing that is the only other thing your known for. BTW dont try throwing up all your personal RL stuff as a means to justify the way you act towards others in a game. My wife works for DoD as well and she is nothing like the scum found in goonswarm.

I didnt come here to rant or rave.. Frankly I could care less about your clan/guild/faction of scumbags. But seriously just dont try to justify it.

:( Thanks! I love being called scum with no justification!

Rock on!

I have know NO hacking or griefing in the ENTIRE TIME I have played with Goons.

Someone hurt you personally? Or do you lash out often like this.

You didn't come here to rant....but you did exactly that.

Once again, I hold no ill will against ANY of you, but frankly you are the EXACT reason I posted this topic.

So you assume because they troll in game and are generally silly, they must be scum in real life as well?

Where is your sense of decency Senator McCarthy!

Edited by CommieGIR, 13 July 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#37 zezzrus

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

There leadership calls people out IRL to kill selves. I would not join this gaming group of bullies.
It is not cute or funny. Follow the leader, so there leader represents rest of group. They group up to attempt to power game and try and dominate.

#38 Targetloc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 963 posts

You didn't come here to rant, but apparently this is your first post? If you feel so strongly about it... you're losing at the internet.

#39 Hellsvog

• Pip
  • 10 posts

View PostSkadi, on 13 July 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

well i think the fact the thread was started by a goon will cause flaming (no offense)
although this bird you call a tetatae is actualy a kakapo bird (from prictures ive seen that yall post), gotta say, thats the probaly the coolest bird alive (the damn thing gets better than some dogs and its a parrot that dosnt fly, it ******* hops)

Is the bird humping that man's head? Cause if it is, that's pretty funny but where's the money shot.

You all realize that this thread is meant to bring out as much goon hate as possible primarily for the entertainment of aforesaid goons. I found this thread to be a disappointment until:

#40 Tim doyon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 139 posts
  • LocationDenali National Park, AK

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

Personally I'm glad to see Goons here, they make EvE way more fun and I hope they do the same for MWO. Cheers Commie

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users