For all those who hate goons....

197 replies to this topic

#161 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Ignorance of each other is what has made unity impossible in the past. Therefore we need enlightenment. We need more light about each other. Light creates understanding, understanding creates love, love creates patience, and patience creates unity. Once we have more knowledge (light) about each other, we will stop condemning each other and a United front will be brought about.

#162 Skyefox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNorthern California, Terra

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

View Post******* Ken, on 13 July 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

Ignorance of each other is what has made unity impossible in the past. Therefore we need enlightenment. We need more light about each other. Light creates understanding, understanding creates love, love creates patience, and patience creates unity. Once we have more knowledge (light) about each other, we will stop condemning each other and a United front will be brought about.

Lowtax creates delicious dipping sauce for his acolytes, for if they die they can give final indigestion to their enemies.

#163 Krorghar

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSeville, Spain, Europe, Terra, Inner Sphere

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

I dont know goonies from other games, but i sadly know em from EVE online. And I must say their bad reputation is well earned.

Here is how they behavior when they arrived to EVE.

They first analized the game, (they got people really good at it), triying to find exploits, game bugs, or whatever weird game mechanic that devs have passed up, and that could give em the edge in battles, and then used it without any kind of shame, till someone finds out, and then they just move to the next exploit in the list. Their skill on this field is legendary, and the list of exploits they have used is really long, and that have amazed EVE players since the game went out, (yes they got fans too)

Expect em to do the same in MWO, obviously is not that complex than eve, and I doubt they could find any exploit or bugs, but u can bet that if it is posible theyll find the way, and use it in his own benefit.

Apart from that, they like to play dirty and scam other players when ever they can. (all of this is allowed by eve, theres no penalty for scaming other players, but u know it tell about their nature) You just have to enter " EVE goon scam" in youtube and there u got pages and pages.

The most "funny" of all i know, if you can call it that way, is scaming ppl who want to join Goon Alliance, by just telling em to pay a fee (in game currency) for joining, as a secure deposit for the case the newcomer decides to kill/steal any goon ship/property, (this is done by a perfect social engineering scaming web) Ovbiously the fooled ppl, never gets into the alliance, they just take the money, laugh in his face, and run.

Thats one of the many scams they use to play, so as u can see their fame , as i said , is well earned.

#164 IRaigothI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

I was a part of the Cluster f**k (I put the stars there myself :huh:) back before I sold my main on Eve.
I dont care what anyone says, when goons fight, they are more organized than almost any corp on Eve that I had ever been in.

Dont underestimate them, ever, because if you do, your going to get an AC 20 or a PPC to the face and regret it a few seconds later.

#165 Mattrixx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 108 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

After reading all of this I still can't stop laughing. Sorry but... no still can't stop. :(

I say good for Goons. Go and have merry and do fun.

They can be a pain in the posterior but they make my gaming (in Eve at least, never ran into them in other games though) experience more fun and I thank them for that. In EVE I've seen them do some crazy stuff and start crazy stuff and even though I've ended up a few times in the wrong end of their sites I've still laughed my backside off. :P

I can just see it now with my minds eye. An all Goon squad in Urbmanmechs totally devastating the enemy team. :lol: And the enemy team then going on calling them all for cheating and hacking and unfair play. :(

For what it is worth, keep up the goofy stuff Goons in EVE as in other games and even if you blow me up in game (no matter what game that is) I'll still give you thumbs up. :huh:

#166 Bobfrombobtown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

See page 1 of this thread. I was literally told exactly that by someone. I am ruining their 20 years of Serious Battletech Buisness.

This DESPITE the fact that I too played Battletech, I too still have my miniatures and rule books and Tech Manuals, and that I too had read the novels.

I just don't take it so god damned seriously like its a religion or something. Its a GAME. A game to be played to have FUN.

This hurts my soul. Maybe I'm just slightly more familiar with "goons" than some of these other individuals, but the only thing I'm concerned with is balance. As long as the game doesn't have ridiculous imbalance who cares what people use as their tools of destruction?
And, yeah it's a ******* game you bunch of neckbeards.

View PostKrorghar, on 13 July 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

I dont know goonies from other games, but i sadly know em from EVE online. And I must say their bad reputation is well earned.

Here is how they behavior when they arrived to EVE.

They first analized the game, (they got people really good at it), triying to find exploits, game bugs, or whatever weird game mechanic that devs have passed up, and that could give em the edge in battles, and then used it without any kind of shame, till someone finds out, and then they just move to the next exploit in the list. Their skill on this field is legendary, and the list of exploits they have used is really long, and that have amazed EVE players since the game went out, (yes they got fans too)

Expect em to do the same in MWO, obviously is not that complex than eve, and I doubt they could find any exploit or bugs, but u can bet that if it is posible theyll find the way, and use it in his own benefit.

Apart from that, they like to play dirty and scam other players when ever they can. (all of this is allowed by eve, theres no penalty for scaming other players, but u know it tell about their nature) You just have to enter " EVE goon scam" in youtube and there u got pages and pages.

The most "funny" of all i know, if you can call it that way, is scaming ppl who want to join Goon Alliance, by just telling em to pay a fee (in game currency) for joining, as a secure deposit for the case the newcomer decides to kill/steal any goon ship/property, (this is done by a perfect social engineering scaming web) Ovbiously the fooled ppl, never gets into the alliance, they just take the money, laugh in his face, and run.

Thats one of the many scams they use to play, so as u can see their fame , as i said , is well earned.

blah blah blah. guess what, all their exploits eventually got patched because these guys made them pretty obvious. Also, I have a few goon kills from my stealth bomber back when they were trying to blockade blue ice systems. That was a fun time.

Edit: yeah, it took some patience, but so what? The goons were organized, patient, and struck when the time was right. I used similar tactics and got kill mails for it. I didn't care that they were using pretty cheap throwaway ships it was still entertaining to me to decloak and throw a few torps at the goon getting pummeled by CONCORD.

Edited by Bobfrombobtown, 13 July 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#167 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostMattrixx, on 13 July 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

I can just see it now with my minds eye. An all Goon squad in Urbmanmechs totally devastating the enemy team. :P And the enemy team then going on calling them all for cheating and hacking and unfair play. :huh:

Crap, he is on to us....our perfect plan, foiled.

#168 Bobfrombobtown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

Urbanmechs everywhere.

#169 Skyefox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

I'm still thinking there's gonna be a point where half of you join the Clans if that comes and UrbanMech IIC's come pouring into every corridor. It'll be a Lowtax sammich.

#170 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostSkyefox, on 13 July 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

I'm still thinking there's gonna be a point where half of you join the Clans if that comes and UrbanMech IIC's come pouring into every corridor. It'll be a Lowtax sammich.

IIC? oh is that the one that takes 2 AC20 shots instead of 1 to kill?

#171 Silent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

View PostMattrixx, on 13 July 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

I can just see it now with my minds eye. An all Goon squad in Urbmanmechs totally devastating the enemy team. :P And the enemy team then going on calling them all for cheating and hacking and unfair play. :huh:

This has pretty much been our plan since they announced the game.

Pink Urbanmechs. All the way to the horizon.

#172 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

View PostSkyefox, on 13 July 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

Posted Image

Edited by CommieGIR, 13 July 2012 - 10:03 PM.

#173 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

Posted Image

good thing i plan on speccing into artiliary support...

#174 Lipot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

For all the people out there who want to compare what happens in EVE and say that it will happen here, know the difference. EVE Online is a "sand box" environment. Basically that means no individual shards and even in a safe area pvp can and will happen. CCP wants that game to be like a giant social-economical experiment and are expecting to be surprise by the players antics. PGI is making MW:O a tactical/strategic armoured fps. Which means there will be a lot more structure to the game. The only real connections between the two is that both are works of fiction and will require some level of organization to succeed. It is a game. Let's enjoy it.

#175 Bobfrombobtown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostSkadi, on 13 July 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

blah blah blah. EPIC ******* BANSHEE.

On a side note, IF people are allowed to join the clans, and pilot clan 'mechs, I will probably laugh and just grab something with a bunch of ballistic hardpoints and exploit the inevitable machinegun OP that will happen.

#176 Skyefox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Except this is a dream, and you're.....A GIRL!

#177 Bobfrombobtown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostLipot, on 13 July 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

For all the people out there who want to compare what happens in EVE and say that it will happen here, know the difference. EVE Online is a "sand box" environment. Basically that means no individual shards and even in a safe area pvp can and will happen. CCP wants that game to be like a giant social-economical experiment and are expecting to be surprise by the players antics. PGI is making MW:O a tactical/strategic armoured fps. Which means there will be a lot more structure to the game. The only real connections between the two is that both are works of fiction and will require some level of organization to succeed. It is a game. Let's enjoy it.

SHHH you'll make people feel "safe" no one wants that. Besides I kind of liked the idea of Delve becoming the "Wild West". Not sure if Goons are still doing that though. I've been away from EVE for about 6 months now.

#178 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostSkyefox, on 13 July 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

Except this is a dream, and you're.....A GIRL!

*looks down* no... your definatly wrong about that last part.

#179 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

Naga with Arrow 4

View PostBobfrombobtown, on 13 July 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

SHHH you'll make people feel "safe" no one wants that. Besides I kind of liked the idea of Delve becoming the "Wild West". Not sure if Goons are still doing that though. I've been away from EVE for about 6 months now.

World of Tanks consumed my life. I love tanks so much.

Edited by CommieGIR, 13 July 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#180 marcus elgin

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

I do like the point this thread illustrates. On one hand we have the folks ranging from "They're kinda funny for a bunch of idiots" to "Who gives a ****, it's drama about a videogame that has yet to be released". Then we have a handful of dudes (or possibily dudettes I guess) who spend ten dollars to register on a forum full of people they consider the scum of the earth so they can prove the ultimate truth about the true illuminati machinations concerning this free to play space robot game. I think any reasonable person can come to fairly quick conclusion about this whole situation.

(Then again I am working on a science degree and while I'm not a member of the armed forces I do do research on a naval base, so I'm probably just a liar).

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users