Where Is The Bug Reporting Section Of This Forum? I Have A Bug Relating To Pot Of Gold Event, And Need To Post It Somewhere

General

6 replies to this topic

#1 xandermacleod

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

Hi there,

I'm new to the forums so I apologise if this seems obvious to most. I've been scouring through the forums for a place to post bugs. I used to work in QA, and I know how important the forums for providing QA with a secondary resource to help them discover bugs to then submit them to the rest of the dev team. However, this forum seems to be completely devoid of a bug report section, so I dont know where to post this. (The support and feedback sub-forum has nothing remotely bug related in there).

Regarding the actual issue Im facing, it is as follows.

POT OF GOLD 2 EVENT BUG

Title: RVN-3L not being recognized in the Pot of Gold 2 event.

Date: March 10th 1:00am GMT
Reproduction Rate: 100% - 4/4 matches

Reproduction Steps:
1. Login to game
2. With enough C-Bills on your account (around 6mil), and a free avaialble mech bay purchase a RVN-3L from the store. (Note this is the normal RVN-3L, not the trial one. To further clarify, the one with the narc, tag, 2MLs, and SRM6.... NOT the one with the ER-LLs)
3. Select Mech and pick the newly acquired mech.
4. Check the number of games you have played using a light mech in the Pot of Gold event, make a note of this number. (Make sure this number is lower than 20). This can be done by pressing the 'announcement' button at the bottom of the main menu, selecting pot of gold, and then signing in.
5. Hit quick-play
6. Play through a full mission and make sure you fulfill the requirements to register the game for the pot of gold event (such as earning at least 100 points).
7. Wait half an hour.
8. Repeat step 4 (checking the number of games you have particpated in games with a light mech for the pot of gold event). Observe that this number has not updated.

Further Notes:

Whilst I attempted to do this for 4 separate matches using my new specially purchased RVN-3L, I also noticed that the trial version of the RVN did not seem to update the event, despite achieving all the conditions of the event.

I did not attempt this with any other purchased light mechs (because i dont have any others, and I bought this raven especially so that I could take advantage of the pot of gold event and earn more c-bills!), so the problem may be more widespread than I have outlined.

On all 4 occassions where I tried this, I was able to score over 100 points. There was a 5th game where I did not reach 100 points, and this (as one would expect to see) did not regsiter either.

In all games I did not enter the game as part of a group, I did exactly as the reproduction steps above outline.

Please PM me if you need further information.

#2 thehiddenedge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

It usually takes the event page a while to update that information, so it could just be delayed. Though they have had bugs similar to this in the past, so who knows...

#3 xandermacleod

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:59 PM

Oh, FFS. OK nevermind, so apparently waiting half a blinking hour wasn't long enough. After giving it an hour, it finally updated. Nevermind. Seems a ridiculously long time to wait but hey, whatever.

Feel free to close post.

#4 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:59 PM

Likely to get the quickest attention here:
http://mwomercs.com/...-feedback-1453/

With your raven, you are going to need 150 match score or more. While they say it takes 15 minutes for the web page to update it has, on occasion, taken longer.

#5 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

How about you buy some EYEs instead of raven? Posted Image

"All additional C-Bills won during event will be injected into your account ONCE THE EVENT IS OVER"

Edited by MechWarrior849305, 09 March 2016 - 09:49 PM.

#6 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:22 AM

I'm not getting any match credits for those matches I score over 500 pts. I have waited for an update (8 hrs) and those matches are still not showing.

#7 Meathook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostMechWarrior849305, on 09 March 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:

How about you buy some EYEs instead of raven? Posted Image

"All additional C-Bills won during event will be injected into your account ONCE THE EVENT IS OVER"

How about you using your eyes? He didn't ask about receiving the additional C-Bills, but about the list of counted games updating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users