22 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:43 PM

Nvidia's new drivers destined to increase performance and game ready PCs for new games like Division has given a lot of user problems from blue screens to windows not loading so if you want to play the golden pot event please , DON'T UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS until they fix their stuff.

#2 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:56 PM

thanks for the heads up!

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:56 PM

their drivers are hit and miss. they are also starting to implement beta support vulkan so that is probibly why.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 March 2016 - 07:57 PM.

#4 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:05 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 09 March 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

their drivers are hit and miss. they are also starting to implement beta support vulkan so that is probibly why.

The Vulkan code shouldn't matter unless they did something really f*cky.

#5 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

in theory its self contained but no doubt they had to change some stuff around elsewhere to support it.

#6 Dr Mlem

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:33 PM

Odd I haven't had an issue with them, but I don't download beta drivers and my card has been around for awhile (GTX 770 4gb)

#7 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:55 PM

Jebus Rice: Today we got a hotfix, 364.51, for yesterdays buggy 364.47.

I've had terse before, and you post was doing it wrong

Edited by Goose, 09 March 2016 - 08:56 PM.

#8 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:55 PM

thanks for the info!

#9 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:33 AM

Note: If you do the Advanced Setup and do a Clean Install, you will have no problems with the 364.47 drivers. Source

It's only people who don't do the Clean Install that are having problems. It may be different if you run multiple monitors, however.

I always do the Clean Install and have had no problems whatsoever with Nvidia's drivers -- this version or any other.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 10 March 2016 - 12:35 AM.

#10 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:31 AM

I have had zero problem with 364.47

#11 Thunderbird Anthares

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:45 AM

you are supposed to always do clean install anyway...
personally i dont even update drivers unless i have a reason to, so mine are half a year old

and no, Nvidia drivers are not hit and miss, they are 5x better than AMD's - its just this time they royally screwed up with a fanfare... it happens to everyone

#12 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:50 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 09 March 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

The Vulkan code shouldn't matter unless they did something really f*cky.

Posted Image

#13 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:53 AM

View PostThunderbird Anthares, on 10 March 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

personally i dont even update drivers unless i have a reason to, so mine are half a year old

and no, Nvidia drivers are not hit and miss, they are 5x better than AMD's - its just this time they royally screwed up with a fanfare... it happens to everyone

idk sometimes i update and the game gets crashy immediately after a driver update. and in those cases theres usually a new version up a few days later to fix whatever the issue was. its generally a good idea to let new driver mature before you update. if they last a couple weeks without the latest version number ticking up its a good sign that they are stable. i always clean install.

video driver dev i hear is a nightmare, its full of hacks and workarounds to support old games, it has to support multiple apis with conflicting implementations (and it doesnt help that they are throwing a new one on top of it). they have to work with both low level stuff and high level stuff and their own proprietary hardware. it doesnt sound like there is anything fun about being a driver dev for a vid card company.

amd drivers, lol.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 March 2016 - 03:59 AM.

#14 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:24 AM

Wouldn't be the first video driver that screwed me over...... Posted Image

#15 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:30 AM

Reasons why I always stay an update or 2 behind and do a clean install when I do update.

Call me overly cautious.

#16 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:40 AM

View PostThunderbird Anthares, on 10 March 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

I'm gonna disagree on that one, you should really update your drivers with some regularity.

#17 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:48 AM

I know it is off topic :) ... but I haven't had problems with AMD drivers in years. (I have AMD cards at the moment and have had Nvidia cards in the past).

Every video card company has driver issues from time to time if only because of the wide range of hardware, software and api configurations that have to be supported. (DX9 through DX12, OpenGL, OpenCL, Cuda, old games, new games and everything in between). This is why I don't usually update drivers unless I am having a specific issue (including performance) with something I am using now. As far as drivers go ... "if it isn't broken don't fix it" ... is a good rule of thumb.

That said, to the OP, thanks for the heads up on possible driver issues with the latest Nvidia drivers ... it might save some folks a headache trying to sort out the problem or avoid it entirely.

#18 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:44 AM

I haven't had any more issues with the driver update than I had before.

If anyone is having a ton of crashing problems, even PC freezes I recommend checking to see if you're running DX11. I switched from DX11 to DX9 and that's solved a plethora of my problems. Granted I still get the occasional video crash it's nothing like what DX11 was giving me. Even ALT+Tab to minimize worked a 100 times faster.

#19 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:06 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 10 March 2016 - 12:33 AM, said:

Note: If you do the Advanced Setup and do a Clean Install, you will have no problems with the 364.47 drivers. Source

It's only people who don't do the Clean Install that are having problems. It may be different if you run multiple monitors, however.

I always do the Clean Install and have had no problems whatsoever with Nvidia's drivers -- this version or any other.

So you are telling me that the GeForce experience doesn't do the uninstall it says it's doing to do the clean install of the drivers?

#20 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:04 PM

View PostLugh, on 10 March 2016 - 07:06 AM, said:

So you are telling me that the GeForce experience doesn't do the uninstall it says it's doing to do the clean install of the drivers?

I updated through GFE exactly ONCE, back when it first came out. The install didn't complete and I spent an hour cleaning up the mess.

Since then I download them from GeForce dot com and manually install them using the Advanced/Clean Install option.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users