Post Your Favorite Unseen Mechs Builds Here! (Positive Talk!)

33 replies to this topic

#1 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:52 AM

Post some of your favorite unseen builds here, as well as what modules you use, how often you use it, and how effective it is in combat.

For me, It has to be the Energy Based Variant of the Warhammer, the 6D, which includes 7 SPL and 2 LPL, with both range modules for the two weapons, and a Radar Deprivation coupled with Seismic for maximum combat effectiveness.

I use mainly as a medium/close Brawler, as a alpha with these weapons has no Ghost heat whatsoever, and with a 50 Pinpoint alpha under a second, with 40% heat give or take, and with a good speed, this mech to me is a fun mech to pug in.

Just to let you guys know, it's not just limited to the Warhammer, the Marauder and Rifleman are included too!

Edited by Scout Derek, 09 March 2016 - 12:24 PM.

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:14 PM

My wahammers I run two main builds

(I have both the 6R and 6R(S) so keep that in mind)

2 PPC and 2 AC5
or
2LPL 4 MPL

both have deceptively high alphas and can chain fire and switch weapon systems depending on range to keep a steady stream of fire up on enemy mechs regardless of range and/or heat.

The 7S is just haven't clicked with yet outside of a standard lurm boat build

#3 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,339 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:16 PM

I run my Warhammers with a 6K build.

2PPC
2Mlas
2slas
1SRM6

Done. Works very well for me, and is my favorite stock variant of the Warhammer in general.

#4 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

This is my build for caving in the chest of a mech:

WHM-6R(S)

Averages 4 KMDD, 2-3 solo kills and around 550 damage/match... not amazing numbers as far as a heavy mech goes in MWO, but I like to minimize effort to kill.

#5 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:26 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 09 March 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

This is my build for caving in the chest of a mech:

WHM-6R(S)

Averages 4 KMDD, 2-3 solo kills and around 550 damage/match... not amazing numbers as far as a heavy mech goes in MWO, but I like to minimize effort to kill.

I just can't bring myself to use small lasers of any kind, so limited in range and similar with SRMs :(

#6 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:34 PM

View PostSandpit, on 09 March 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

I just can't bring myself to use small lasers of any kind, so limited in range and similar with SRMs Posted Image

Well with how congested most of the maps are, the short range weapons are not really much of an issue... and they fire so fast and are so cold, it takes for ever and a day for that mech to heat up when I'm at face hugging range.

First time I ran that build I duked it out with a Thunderbolt at face hugging range in the water on River City, I blew out his ST's so fast.. I then turned and engaged a Mauler, took it down fast, then spun around to face a CN9-AL, that I ripped apart... three mechs in under 3 minutes from start to end against them, I consider it very efficient. Yes it sucks if I get a map like Alpine or Polar, but even Polar isn't that back, as I can use the trenches to get to face hugging range.

I had tried the same build with MLas over the SPL, and I was able to beat down a WHM-6D that was running MPL vomit, but it was too hot for my liking...

#7 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:37 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 09 March 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

Post some of your favorite unseen builds here, as well as what modules you use, how often you use it, and how effective it is in combat.

For me, It has to be the Energy Based Variant of the Warhammer, the 6D, which includes 7 SPL and 2 LPL, with both range modules for the two weapons, and a Radar Deprivation coupled with Seismic for maximum combat effectiveness.

I use mainly as a medium/close Brawler, as a alpha with these weapons has no Ghost heat whatsoever, and with a 50 Pinpoint alpha under a second, with 40% heat give or take, and with a good speed, this mech to me is a fun mech to pug in.

Just to let you guys know, it's not just limited to the Warhammer, the Marauder and Rifleman are included too!

but but but....

No Archer on Smurfy....... how can I do this thing you ask?
Posted Image

#8 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 March 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

but but but....

No Archer on Smurfy....... how can I do this thing you ask?
Posted Image

Theory craft? *shrugs*

It is coming out in 7 days, so, maybe if this thread is still alive? :D

#9 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:49 PM

My favourite is the 6R. XL325, two Ac10 with 5.5 tons of ammo, four MLas. It just feels right. Been in love with it ever since it faced a fresh Dire Wolf and walked away victorious.

#10 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:42 PM

My favorite one would have to be the Warhammer with 2x PPCs, 4x MPLs, and an SRM6 with 1 ton of ammo. I wanted to keep it as close to stock as possible while still being effective, which it is.
Thinking of downgrading the SRM6 to an SRM4 and get Arty upgrade to increase accuracy even more.

#11 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:54 PM

View PostCoralld, on 09 March 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

My favorite one would have to be the Warhammer with 2x PPCs, 4x MPLs, and an SRM6 with 1 ton of ammo. I wanted to keep it as close to stock as possible while still being effective, which it is.
Thinking of downgrading the SRM6 to an SRM4 and get Arty upgrade to increase accuracy even more.

That's my classic TT build from 3025.
2x PPC
4x MLasers
1x SRM6 (1 ton ammo)
11 tons armor
18 SHS

#12 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:56 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 March 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

That's my classic TT build from 3025.
2x PPC
4x MLasers
1x SRM6 (1 ton ammo)
11 tons armor
18 SHS

You know what they say, great minds think a like.

That or...

Idiots seldom differ.

Edited by Coralld, 09 March 2016 - 01:57 PM.

#13 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:21 PM

My fav is the Black Widow!
Nat fan here, and this is the all or nothing build I created as soon as I bought the whammy pack

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8c06e5c32d5e565

Speed and not enough ammo.
It requires aim skill, every shot must count. U must be Natasha, or u deserve to die!

Posted Image

#14 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:34 PM

Rifleman RFL-3N(S)

RFL-3N

Radar deprivation, level 5 AC/10 cooldown and level 5 ML range, advanced seismic sensor. And I don't always put the extra ton of ammo in that torso.

I have soloed a fresh Timberwolf with it and lived to tell the tale. 69.7 kph speed tweaked and 1.5 heat management. 80 rounds is plenty, but sometimes I've dropped a ton of ammo for armor, and from time to time I duplicate the stock 3C build and put the MLs in the torsos when I get people blowing off my arms a lot. With 3 tons/60 rounds on board, you're going to run dry toward the end of the match if you aren't careful.

Edited by Chados, 11 March 2016 - 08:34 PM.

#15 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:32 PM

MAD-5D
- XL 350
- 18x DHS
- 1x Large Pulse Laser
- 4x Medium Pulse Laser
- 2x SRM4+Artemis w/ 300 rounds
- 3x Jump Jet
- Endo

>> Large Pulse Cool-down
>> Medium Pulse Range
>> SRM4 Cool-down
>> Radar Deprivation

I am a huge fan of this one, and it is the star of my Heavy collection. It's extremely adept at short-mid-range. It can poke moderately well, but its real forté lies in performing a fast flank and strike maneuver with its excellent agility and 52 points of cold-running, FLD-biased damage. The cool-down quirks on the missiles jack the DPS way up, too, and you can fire them at the line giving you an advantage in hot environments. I believe the best way to describe it is as the cSRM + cMPL TBR...with the fat stripped away. You get more raw damage out of the TBR, but a lot of it is inherently spread where the MAD's output is better focused. The only thing killing this 'Mech against its nearest Clan rival at this bracket is its over-sized badonkadonk (technical terms!).

It's always a good time in this machine, win or lose.

The modules are selected to synchronize the lasers and max out the benefit of the decent missile quirks, which are a welcome benefit on a chassis generally stuck using near-vanilla IS weapons in all their mediocrity (side note: Warhammer got more ballistics and PPC buffs...PGI plz).

RFL-3N
- XL 260
- 12x DHS
- 2x Ultra AC/5 w/ 180 rounds
- 6x Medium Laser
- Endo

>> UAC/5 Cool-down
>> Medium Laser Range
>> Radar Deprivation

This thing is a monster. Hang out around 450-700 meters and plug away with the UACs and, when the enemy gets all domickey or you feel aggressive, surge your damage with the secondary battery of Medium lasers...which you have sufficient cooling capacity to fire twice back-to-back. Then you can couple a pair with the UACs to maintain a high nominal output. It's really something else, and the extra velocity on those AC rounds makes landing the hits where you want them a cake-walk at a distance.

I love it.

#16 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:47 PM

Mad 6R stock motor w/ 2x LBX10s and 4xML for face tankin brawly time. Radar derp, seismic, LBX cooldown, and your choice of ML range or cool down.

Mad-BH w/ the popular meta 7x ML and 1x AC10 and std 300. You would be a fool not to run ML range on this one, given the quriks. OR XL300, 1x Guass, 2xERLL and 3xML to keep the BH in its intended sniper role.

View PostLuminis, on 09 March 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

My favourite is the 6R. XL325, two Ac10 with 5.5 tons of ammo, four MLas. It just feels right. Been in love with it ever since it faced a fresh Dire Wolf and walked away victorious.

I run a similar rig, but stock std 280 motor. Rdar derp, advance zoom, AC10 cool down and ML range.
All weapons mounted in the torso.
Mucho fun. 20points of FL PP with a reasonable range, velocity, trajectory and cool down is mucho fun.

Also, BW w/ XL and 4x AC5s OR std engine and 4x AC2s. A couple MLs as backup.

#17 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 336 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:30 PM

Without a doubt my Black Widow.

280XL, 4xAC5, 4xSL, and lots of ammo.

I have over 100 matches in it and am averaging 430 dmg. I played the first 40 or so matches with various Gauss loadouts and couldn't get the performance I wanted. At the time I switched, my dmg average was 318, so quite an improvement.

#18 Anyone00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:09 PM

GRF-2N
Endo
XL 300
12x DHS
ECM
5x JJs
2x mlas
1x NARC (2 tons)
3x LRM5s (6 tons)

Enhanced NARC
LRM5 Cooldown
I should get shock absorbency but 6 million C-Bills.

Yes the bad weapon, plus this build is only effective at 180m to 450m (but much beyond that range LRMs are just 'Hail Marry's that spook people more than anything else); also relatively delicate. It constantly has to move to get an angle the LRMs will hit (along with NARCing an enemy) usually end up on the one of the flanks of the team so I'm usually the first to find out if there's a major flank by the enemy team *thousand yard stare*. Also I just like using JJs for the sake of using JJs.
It's hit or miss but that how I generally am with any mech even direct fire based ones. I generally play about a third of my games in this build.

Edited by Anyone00, 09 March 2016 - 07:10 PM.

#19 Braireos

• Pip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:13 PM

Big fan of the BW with 4 LPL. I run cooldown and range on it. Heat efficiency of 1.28 isn't great but 2 LPL salvos can keep the damage going and do really well.

XL305 for 75.8 kph and 6DHS

Edited by Braireos, 09 March 2016 - 10:10 PM.

#20 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:16 PM

WHM-BW

2xPPCs
2xLL
4xMGs
1xSRM6 - need to have a single SRM launcher here or it wouldn't be a WHM.

MAD 3R

2xPPCs
2xAC5.

These are my most fun builds. Always brings a smile to my face knowing I'm playing out a childhood fantasy.

I got other mechs that are laser vomit and dakka which are more effective. But my MADs and WHMs will aleays run with arm mounted PPCs and looking as close to the true Unseen as possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users