#1 Cow And Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

Heya Warriors.

I have a serious issue! lol.

I am almost into tier 2 and I am Chickening out. I don't think that I am a tier 2
Chicken. I am just a "Casual" one!

I don't want to change how I play, but is there a way for me to stay in tier 3
without playing badly?
(which I do on occation but it's not intended and I will not force it...)

Regards,
Chicken.

P.S Can't wait for my Kodiak Cow!

#2 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:40 AM

I know the 'problem'. Levelling mechs and playing just to relax and have fun is not very feasible in t2 and t1. Not much you can do about except private matches.

i was joking. This isn't a game, it's real life. So Better get gut.

Edited by kesmai, 10 March 2016 - 03:42 AM.

#3 Cow And Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:06 AM

So T2 and T1 are really bad?

#4 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:14 AM

I have see no difference when i reach to T2, it was like two months ago.

Really in Puglandia, the luck is what make win or loose a match in 75% of the games.

Exemple : yesterday i drop on a quickplay, i fall on a team where 4-5 people where talking to the chat - VOIP and made a game with a real strategy and a good win. I drop on a quickplay just after this match : it was a 12-2 loss with very strange people who runs like headless chicken on my team...

#5 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:14 AM

View PostCow And Chicken, on 10 March 2016 - 04:06 AM, said:

No they're not. As tier 3, you already meet some t2 and (rarely) t1 people. Your enemies will be on average more skilled, but it's not night-and-day difference.

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 10 March 2016 - 04:15 AM.

#6 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:36 AM

Since psr i drop against the same people, the same people i dropped with before psr. Psr isnt anything to think about and tier1 not necessarily 'worse' or 'better' than tier 3.
just play the game if you like it and don't worRy about tiers. I've seen all of the top ten players i know having no kill sub 100 dmg matches. So just play and don't worry.

Edited by kesmai, 10 March 2016 - 04:37 AM.

#7 WatDo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 172 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killin' your d00ds

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:38 AM

It's not that big of a deal. If you get into t2 you'll still be grouped with everyone else, just also some t1 players.. Only t1 is really separate and "different" and that's a stretch. Infact, i regularly see lower ranked players all the time. As far as play styles go, you have a few more tryhards than usual and a few more legitimately good players but it's really about the same. Deathball, stick together, etc.

If it's that big of a deal to you though, just make a new account.

#8 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:51 AM

Tier system is meaningless and has nothing to do with skills.
Any new player can reach tier 3 easily by playing a good amount of matches (except some rare snow flakes), so anyone can meet anyone in solo drops.
Tier bar is a grind bar, like Paul admitted too.

From a tier 1 perspective, it's bad because it's annoying to have to carry every drop, with ppl that doesn't even listen or read chat, or don't even have the tiny idea about playing a map....despite being tier 3.
From a tier 3 perspective, it's bad because, being relatively new at mwo, you can find those big bad wolves out there that can make you salty.

Tier system needs to be reworked, or at least, 24 psr total in a drop should be zero, so the ones who did something deserve to go up, and the rest go down. Now it's very difficult to go down in your tier.

That's why, everybody goes up, everybody's happy in the T-Ball generation life style Posted Image

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 10 March 2016 - 04:51 AM.

#9 Cow And Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:51 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.

View PostWatDo, on 10 March 2016 - 04:38 AM, said:

If it's that big of a deal to you though, just make a new account.

I have invested alot on this account so I don't want to start another.

If so happens that I pop into T2. Then game on!

Regards,
chicken

Edited by Cow And Chicken, 10 March 2016 - 04:52 AM.

#10 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:57 AM

I miss Tier 3 :')

I really do... Tier 2 feels a lot different than Tier 3, IMO

#11 Doman Hugin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:10 AM

Don't worry too much about it, you've not hit your level yet.

Reading the forums there are as many posts about not being able to gain teirs as there are about it being a XP bar.
Also check out people's teir and post numbers or age in game, there are lots of players that you'd expect to be higher teir given their experience.

As for who you will face in a match, PSR is split into 4000 points across the 5 teirs and the majority of games are within a spread of 150 points, so moving from the top of teir 3 to the bottom of teir 2 will make very little difference.

#12 Varvar86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 441 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:40 AM

t2 and t1 not too bad, they are just BORING, because of majority pilots using most DPS/quirks based available builds in the game. Tier 2 is 70% of those, tier 1 is 99% of those. There almost no fun/troll/weak builds and even mediocre mechs. All mechs are serious as NASA projects - meta focused, build for maximum performance and piloted for the win.
You either:
-start exploiting best quirked mechs and platforms to keep up, to grow up, and become another "boring warrior", or
-get stuck balancing between tier 3 and 2, or
-become REALLY good at mechs and builds you like and update your play style to deal with “boring warriors” and still keep growing up in tier (not all are capable to do that)

That depends on what you seeking in this game.

Edited by Varvar86, 10 March 2016 - 05:42 AM.

#13 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:59 AM

View PostVarvar86, on 10 March 2016 - 05:40 AM, said:

exploiting best quirked mechs

you should explain this to pgi

#14 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:31 AM

View PostCow And Chicken, on 10 March 2016 - 04:06 AM, said:

On tier 1 and tier 2 ( in fact all others tiers ) everything will be ok if you play with agressive behavior and if you play the map i explain.

Play agressive :
If you are a sniper always shoot under 801 meters in a good spot... if at 800 meter there is only bad sniping spot of course you can snipe at 900 and wait the front move to you and also stay or move to the opposite team and also maybe a new good spot is avaiable for your range unders 801 meters ( depends your range quirk of course it could be under 865ish meters or ERppc range...) but ALWAYS SHOOT xD
Shoot the legs on clan lights, on a tag lrm maddog, on a side torso of a gauss jagg ( XL engine spotted ), side torso on a IS light, CT dire or timber's ears...

If you are a lrms boat always tag your targets and advance in middle of your team and dont waste your missile on a red cored mechs on front which is about to be killed by your brawlers but focus on others lrms boat or snipers for example ....

If you are brawler try to take the lead, talk with team and pray for they listen you ( pray for opposite team havent a brawler leading their team should help )

If you are a light try to make the red guys doing bad move like follow you in a trap or wolf pack with others lights for trap a lonely lrm boat or sniper and even a slow brawler and also reduce reds number early in the game ( or totally at end )

If you are a scout, scout alone isnt really good if you havent ecm narc or tag but move with lights if they move and keep giving intel.

One thing in tier 1 and tier 2 having ecm will only prevent you some lrms rain but the people will see you ( well not all people of course becose tier and psr are basically XP bar and not a skill bar ) me i will see ya Posted Image

And more important than all >>>> Play the map properly !!!
Of course all maps have good place for hold and good place for rush/brawl.
On some maps, depend your side where team did spawn, if your team wait even it seem they have strong position well it isnt in fact becose the other team have a bit better position and little bit little they do more damage than you give them ( canyon map the ramp in theta for example ).
If you see your team dont play the map properly coze, they don't know how or coze they don't want to learn after thousand matchs... in tier 1 and tier 2, one guy alone can't carry the 11 others who are addicted to defeat ... Posted Image

Well but in tier 1, 2 , 3 etc there is a place for levelling mech and play casual with good results if you are a good pilot not depending your tier: IT'S CW Posted Image Lots of basic pugs or lots of basic units full of pugs to deal with and they have 4 chances per match for do and redoo same mistakes a good pilot will use agaisnt theml xD.

And welcome soon!

Edited by Idealsuspect, 10 March 2016 - 06:41 AM.

#15 Varvar86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 441 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:34 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 10 March 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

you should explain this to pgi

Maybe that will be a surprise for you but there are enough players who buys mechs and build them not paying attention to their quirks and those players are managed to get to tier 3, because this is average player level that requires you to deal at least 300/350 damage per match and don’t die first 5 minutes and you got it pretty fast. And ... attention shock content... not all players play CW where they find out what meta is VERY fast.

I know that being a 1-st tier pilot, your eyes goanna bleed, but … prepare yourself for it…I see AC20 JM6-dd, missile bots STK -4N, AC10 DRG-5N, all ML BJ-3 and all like that pretty often. And people are doing fine. So YES there quirks exploiting skill is also present in this game, some get it from the start, some will realize it as soon as they get beaten till death by correctly build mechs, and some will never get it. Maybe I'm using incorrect word for this, well lets call it -"plyers ability to understand quirks and use them in their mech builds".

Edited by Varvar86, 10 March 2016 - 06:39 AM.

#16 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:38 AM

View PostAleski, on 10 March 2016 - 04:14 AM, said:

I have see no difference when i reach to T2, it was like two months ago.

Really in Puglandia, the luck is what make win or loose a match in 75% of the games.
[...]

this

Tiers are not some medal or magical skill-o-meter.
They basically show how much matches you played with a SLIGHT tendency regarding skill (i.e. someone with tier 1 will most probably not be a total beginner, but that's about it).

Don't freak out - and don't get intimidated by another player's tier either Posted Image

edit:
Also a common misconception:
You don't "play in tiers" like you play in bronze league in starcraft or whatever.
Tiers are individual per player and teams get mixed up with players from different tiers.

Meaning: Advancing a tier changes almost nothing.

Edited by Paigan, 10 March 2016 - 06:41 AM.

#17 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:48 AM

Just run a flamer locustfor a few days. You'll be tier5 again in no time.

#18 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:15 AM

Master a few light mechs.

#19 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:17 AM

View PostCow And Chicken, on 10 March 2016 - 03:31 AM, said:

Heya Warriors.

I have a serious issue! lol.

I am almost into tier 2 and I am Chickening out. I don't think that I am a tier 2
Chicken. I am just a "Casual" one!

I don't want to change how I play, but is there a way for me to stay in tier 3
without playing badly?
(which I do on occation but it's not intended and I will not force it...)

Regards,
Chicken.

P.S Can't wait for my Kodiak Cow!

Play 3xAMS+ECM Kit Fox. You will be a great asset to the team once Archers come out in a week, and you don't even have to see the enemy in the entirety of the match! Posted Image

#20 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:21 AM

In my T3 account I see T1 players all the time. So you are probably already playing with T1 and 2 players half the time anyway.

In my T1 account I know many of the players aren't T1 and are just filler to make the MM seem like it's doing a good job. There aren't many true T1 games being played if any at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users