Patch Notes - 1.4.59 - 15-Mar-2016

220 replies to this topic

#61 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:23 AM

normalized textures - great, especially on low specs

cockpit changes - nice progress

new map - nice, hope to have more maps like polar highlands that can potentially support game modes with respawn mechanic (tonnage pool etc) and more strategy (ie you want to have some lights in your deck to go capture or scout and heavier mechs if you need to fight, rewards adjusted too)

new game mode and adjusted game modes - YES

adjusted spawns on alpine peaks - YES

change to voting system - fast reaction, nice

providing players with feedback on what happens in the game mode or with their weapons (flamer) - YES (but flamer is still too strong or too weak)

teamkill penalty - add an option for the victim to ignore damage or kill, sometimes it happens and is not intentional (ok would not be an excuse irl) and will only make the team suffer when they have to wait for matchmaking

new mechs, new champions, new bundles - great progress

mech movement update - looking forward

things still needed - missile tubes on quickdraw (3x srm6 minimum, but should plan ahead like with all mechs), victor (3x srm6 minimum), atlas (lrm20 10lt+10rt visual), STATIC MINIMAP (also can make it a circle and add option to create circles of different ranges on it), scrollable chat and stay on screen

offtopic - bolt is for the crossbow

overall, a good looking patch :) , thank you

Edited by happy mech, 12 March 2016 - 05:38 AM.

#62 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:46 AM

Look like huge and nice patch !

#63 Leonidas the First

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:59 AM

The Domination game mode is a cool concept, but I have a feeling it will turn into Skirmish with a big decoration in the middle of the map. Having to keep an area 800 meters in diameter (nearly 4 map squares) clear of enemy mechs will be so difficult that this mode will likely devolve into Skirmish matches with a big radar decoration in the middle of the map. If instead there was a specific area a mech had to occupy without taking damage, and the map was designed with several sight lines to that area then teams would have to work together to defend area and or attack for one or more locations.

For any of these non-skirmish modes shifting the scoring so that completing the objective is more beneficial for everyone than getting a couple extra kills will move the game further from being glorified skirmishes.

#64 Yankee Kitsune

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:10 AM

View PostLeonidas the First, on 12 March 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

The Domination game mode is a cool concept, but I have a feeling it will turn into Skirmish with a big decoration in the middle of the map. Having to keep an area 800 meters in diameter (nearly 4 map squares) clear of enemy mechs will be so difficult that this mode will likely devolve into Skirmish matches with a big radar decoration in the middle of the map. If instead there was a specific area a mech had to occupy without taking damage, and the map was designed with several sight lines to that area then teams would have to work together to defend area and or attack for one or more locations.

For any of these non-skirmish modes shifting the scoring so that completing the objective is more beneficial for everyone than getting a couple extra kills will move the game further from being glorified skirmishes.

I was just going to say 400m seems WAY too large an area to keep clear. Even if it was smaller we are still looking at deathball vs deathball in the middle.

Now, If those MFBs were actually relays that would allow the timer to run down (or replace the timer with a percentage meter) but at a slower rate than the central hub, you might allow for more tactical options.

With the new TK system, I think there needs to be a new abuse report option for people who deliberately walk into fire. Not talking about someone who isn't paying attention to fire lanes, but who is trying to get someone in trouble by jumping in front of their shot.

#65 Caellach McAedhain

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:19 AM

Thank you for the Patch, and all the effort to continue providing me with a game I enjoy playing.

I have some choice words for all the whiners and complainers out there, but I've decided to keep my post civilized.

#66 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:55 AM

View PostTexAce, on 12 March 2016 - 05:16 AM, said:

I'm running this game on a PC which I bought over 3 years ago for 1700 dollars and I run every setting on very high on a 2560*1440 monitor (only shadows are on medium).

What are you talking about?

i think.. about integrated video card :D

#67 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:31 AM

I just wonder if the same penalty mechanic will also be employed for CW - because there is more team damage in a CW match than in a pug...

Also teamkills sometimes happen unintentionally when the battle is very intense - a forgive option may be a good solution to this (perhaps also negating the penalty for the TK in XP and c-bills?).

Also, what if somebody runs into an air/arty strike you deploy and breaks the 30-point threshold? How was that your fault?

What worries me is also the possibility of trolling - intentionally soaking up somebody's damage, getting intentionally TK'd by them, running into air/arty strikes... and because the total pop is not so huge it is quite possible to troll the same people over and over even in pug drops.

A whole new can of worms will be opened...

#68 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:52 AM

It would suit you guys if you'd finally open up the ability to let us change LOD Terrain/Object detail seperately from 'Object quality' and 'environment quality' settings. It would be a nice addition next to the texture overhaul.

The game randomly changing from low to high quality models and terrain popping is just annoying as hell. Unfortunately 'Object quality' to anything but low also introduces a lot of additional crap to the scenery

Environment on anything but low enables ambient occlusion which is also extremely heavy to a lot of GPU's.

We just want accurate LOD's without adding additional strain to the GPU from other functions. We dont like to shoot at invisible walls or edges.

Edited by x MT x, 12 March 2016 - 07:55 AM.

#69 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:52 AM

when I first read about the FF penalties I was a bit nervous since it seemed to indicate any FF damage would cause a penalty and since 99% of my matches have at least a token 1-2 team damage I was worried the penalties would add up fast. at least that won't be the case. fourth and fifith penalties might want to get bumped up to 15 and 30 minutes though. if you're getting that many penalties that fast you almost have to be trying to do it at that point.

View PostFreebirthToad18999, on 11 March 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

" • A Conquest Victory can no longer be achieved simply by destroying the enemy. In order to emerge victorious you must either: "

So... what I'm hearing is that now even fewer people will select Conquest?

I don't think that will change since people who don't like conquest play it as skirmish anyway when it comes up. it may get them to leave the match quicker after they die though since they won't want to wait for the points to tally up.

#70 aaykeem

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:58 AM

Looks like a nice patch with a lot of effort put into it. Can't wait for the update :D. And hope work on CW phase 3 is going along smoothly...

#71 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:11 AM

If you can put up a penalty for team kills, to change that behavior, then you can put up penalties for busting Zellbriggen, and then turn Clan 'Mechs back into what they're supposed to be. You said you couldn't do anything like this, PGI! Are things a changin' for the better?

Edited by Kay Wolf, 12 March 2016 - 09:12 AM.

#72 Brakkar

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

When are you going to fix Arctic Cheetah hitbox?

#73 Averen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:35 AM

• A Conquest Victory can no longer be achieved simply by destroying the enemy. In order to emerge victorious you must either:

Why would you do that, that is just gonna waste everyones time?

MWO as a game already takes so long to get into matches, with votes, loading times, pre-match timers, it doesn't even end when the last enemy mech is disconnected! And now we're having to wait even more?

Only result of this is conquest gonna be played even less than it is now.

EDIT: Badly worded, of course I can see why it's being done and it gives more weight to the objectives, which is a good thing for the mode. Otoh, it is also probably going to get more frustrating on the other hand. As i said, downtime before and in matches is already a problem.

Edited by Averen, 12 March 2016 - 10:39 AM.

#74 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:50 AM

View PostJaidenHaze, on 12 March 2016 - 04:06 AM, said:

3) No AMS incentive? I thought, this was discussed in the Town Hall. IMO it should yield around 10 CBills for every destroyed enemy rocket. You get what? 19 or 21 CBills for every point of damage you do. You should therefore get at least half of that if you protect your team mates from damage.

Waddayathink? Archer's new and shiny. People who spent money need to be padded a little first.

#75 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 105 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

Posted ImageAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

• If all 'Mechs on a team are destroyed before the outcome of the match is decided, the destroyed team can still Spectate from each of the Capture Points.

EVEN MORE AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#76 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:31 PM

TexAce, 700 dollars more than what I paid for my computer, means you would obviously have less problems with slowness. Also, speed tends to be okay for me now, but each successive patch is making it noticeably slower each time. My point is only a minority of people can go out and get a 1000+ dollar computer, and the increasing slowness will make an 1000 dollar computer more necessary.

Note: I'm running my setting on the lowest possible, otherwise its hard to get a good hit on enemy mechs.

#77 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:34 PM

View PostOberost, on 12 March 2016 - 01:55 AM, said:

What's the problem with the hitboxes on the Marauder?

The problem with the marauder is its hitboxes have "holes" in them. So if you shoot at certain spots on the torsos no damage will be detected. This is even more prevalent when the mech loses one of its side torsos! A famous mech that had this problem was the spider way back when.

Edited by -Skyrider-, 12 March 2016 - 12:34 PM.

#78 Fractis Zero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNorth Vancouver, Canada

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:45 PM

Unless there is unlimited respawns in Domination I don't see how this will not be another flavour of Team Death Match. Easiest way to win will be kill the other team and then sit in the middle. It will also mean that you have now created a one strat map where everyone will have to pile into the middle.

The change to conquest seems very minor. Most matches I play is kill the other team while the last player runs and hides while the winning team has to finish the game off in caps.

Edited by Fractis Zero, 12 March 2016 - 12:46 PM.

#79 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:48 PM

Are you cereal PGI? removing obstructive cockpit monitors? I really hope your not teasing me *fingers crossed* I have dreamed of a day when that silly little monitor stand in the shadowcat's cockpit might go away!

#80 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:51 PM

Fantastic patch other than 2 things for me.

Conquest alpine is staying the same, just no...

And killing all mechs wont end a conquest match is just BAD, this will just cause alot of disconnect penalties when the other team dies in the first few minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users