#81 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for the 2K texture!!

And good job on adding a new map and game mode.
Now if i could get away from PoE new league for a little bit..

Edited by DAYLEET, 12 March 2016 - 01:10 PM.

#82 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:29 PM

Impressive patch and nice presentation. Looking forward to 2K textures and new game mode! Thanx PGI! Posted Image

#83 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:59 PM

View PostTarogato, on 12 March 2016 - 02:31 AM, said:

The lighting and texturing on that camo looks three times as good as anything PGI has done with their own mechs.

It's stationary and not in a game with 23 other mechs ?

Tanks in AW's Garage look stunning, but they don't look much better or worse than what we have here when fighting

#84 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 740 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:36 PM

• All 'Mechs: Reduced the maximum number of Cockpit Monitors to 4, and adjusted placements where necessary to prevent obstruction of the view through Cockpit.

This is an absolute hidden gem in this month's patch!

Edited by PraetorGix, 12 March 2016 - 05:37 PM.

#85 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 740 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:40 PM

View Postkka, on 12 March 2016 - 12:27 AM, said:

I am worried about the conquest changes. I think they will only SLOW THE GAME down.

I know that many disagree, but I want my Quick matches more like Quake (small maps, quick engagement, fast paced game, ends fast). I think CW is for big maps, strategy etc..

And I know that many disagree, but if a big fat title on the game says CONQUEST, you gotta play CONQUEST, no matter how b*tthurt you are about having lost the vote for skirmish.

#86 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:26 PM

whats all the excitement about over this patch? seems extremely under whelming when it comes to gameplay/balance

#87 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:52 PM

Solid set of enhancements, compliments to PGI.

View PostSummon3r, on 12 March 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

whats all the excitement about over this patch? seems extremely under whelming when it comes to gameplay/balance

Balance is fairly reasonable at the moment. Nothing major is required. Clans have a slight advantage overall, but once MercStar capture the entire faction warfare map playing as Clans, PGI will probably wake up to it and quirk less-viable IS chassis.

A new game mode (sucky though it appears to be), changes to the existing Conquest mode and capping, and a new map, all qualify as changes to gameplay.

Edited by Appogee, 12 March 2016 - 07:54 PM.

#88 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 12 March 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

• All 'Mechs: Reduced the maximum number of Cockpit Monitors to 4, and adjusted placements where necessary to prevent obstruction of the view through Cockpit. This is an absolute hidden gem in this month's patch!

Are they still visible at all in the main cockpit view? I'm concerned PGI may not make all those monitors functional, like they said they would.

Edited by Appogee, 12 March 2016 - 07:57 PM.

#89 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:00 PM

View Post-Skyrider-, on 12 March 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

The problem with the marauder is its hitboxes have "holes" in them. So if you shoot at certain spots on the torsos no damage will be detected. This is even more prevalent when the mech loses one of its side torsos! A famous mech that had this problem was the spider way back when.

Wouldn't surprise me, I've noticed a bit of odd hitreg on them since release, though inconsistently enough I chalked it up to the servers vs the hitboxes. Makes me wonder if it really is small gaps that don't count as armor like some mechs have (you can find somewhere on here some diagrams showing what areas are considered hitboxes, and what are just decoration on the Cheetah and others, tiny, tiny portions, but they're there).

What makes me scratch my head more, however, is how the Fridge w/Ballistic Icemaker, the Orion IIC, registers damage on the ballistic side to the -rear armor- pretty often while being fired on from the front or side exclusively, especially with the arm in the way. That I've directly seen and fairly often; it makes me wonder if there's a clipping issue, or if the rear hitbox spreads really far over the ballistic nub, because I still don't get why that's happening so often.

I've seen others comment on it, but it makes me wonder how rare it is, if it has been fixed (I stopped running the Orion IIC after getting that 6x too often). Unless there's some magic, invisible 13th opponent behind me (and there wasn't), I'm seriously wondering at its hitboxes and if we're getting a bit of the old Hellbringer issues or something else entirely. Posted Image

#90 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:24 AM

Hitreg is bad sometimes, hits to front register to back... I died to that issue at least once yesterday... makes you angry when you *know* you got hit in the front with a swarm of SRMs, yet somehow damage registers to your cored out back...

#91 testhero

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOrloff, Dutchy of Orloff

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:29 AM

View Postsycocys, on 11 March 2016 - 05:54 PM, said:

Most of the rest looks good, my only other comment is that Conquest capture points NEED a label (at least a letter) in the HUD so we know which one we are looking towards. Blinking is nice and all but you can't call out which over comms if you have to either be in mini-map range or look at the overhead.

A little Theta or Beta symbol on the compass would be super usefull and using the Greek letters should cut down on possible confusion with any Phonetic alphabet calls

View PostHeeknot, on 11 March 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

I have 2 ideas but only one of them is serious.

1) in terms of team kill penalties enforce a forgive system. Accidental team kills happen, as well as team mates who run directly into your laser fire. What if there were a system in place where if someone dies from team damage they have the option to forgive the person who shot them. That way there is less of a chance of punishing players who have done nothing wrong.

The ability to forgive a TK or Friendly Fire damage would be very good for those instances where you close into base to base contact with the enemy or cross into a friendly firing line and receive damage.
In some instances it is even tactically sound to deliberately risk/receive some team damage to achieve victory.

Edited by testhero, 13 March 2016 - 05:31 AM.

#92 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:55 AM

Looking forward to the new textures and the Archer.

But... Clan Heros pretty please? The Kodiak Hero is(will be) already awesome but some Heros for my prefered chassis(SCR, HBR, SMN, MLX, SHC) would be nice. :x Custom paintjobs and C-Bill bonus on center torso is basically all that is needed. It would certainly be a treat for me and alot of other people.(Next step: Clan Mastery Bundles :P)

Edited by Bluttrunken, 13 March 2016 - 05:57 AM.

#93 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:06 AM

View PostAnimeFreak40K, on 11 March 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

I think those players need to get an understanding of what it takes develop a video game and all of the underlying nuances that is implied. I think those same folks may also need to realize that PGI is a small company and they just don't have the resources to dedicate in as many different areas as they would like.
That is, if PGI spends time on new content, they get hammered for not fixing long-standing balance issues. If they spend time to fix those balance issues, they get hammered for not making content or back-end issues/streamlining. If they focus on the back-end stuff, they get blasted for not working on something else.

This is one of the problems of having a small company with few additional resources working on a project that is more suitable for a larger organization.

No, I am not defending PGI... about 75% of the major stuff that folks take issue with and want fixed (balance, weapons, heat, etc. and all sorts of long-standing issues. I would also like there to be a way to encourage people to stick around as well!) I want fixed ASAP and some of them have been lingering for FAR too long. So I really do understand the frustration that folks are feeling and why they feel that way. Their feelings are legitimate and shared!

...but I understand that there are only so many hours in a day, that much of this work does take a lot of manpower to complete these tasks in a reasonable time...manpower that PGI lacks...

So I take solace in that while they may not be working a thing that *I* want them to be working on, they are working on *something* that will, at least make the game better today than it was at this time last year...and those efforts are shown in the next patch.

Who cares how big is the company releasing any kind of mmo or rather fps online shooter? It is their problem and they dare to release the product. They chose bad engine with almost zero possibility of optimisation and this game needs it really neccessarilly thanks to very complicated collision system and that one is really rubbish. They just release new mechs all the time making almost no propper optimisation of the game(horrible shadow quality, using proxy geometry[this is really ugly solution] for collision, ugly anim cycles for mechs, increasing loading times during start of the game(even on pretty good hw it takes eons to load game in to main gui). And I don't dare to mention all of very amateur made so called "features" in the game.
In short words: changing cosmetics cannot change the horrible state of the game.
It is not so hard to use brain when planning the improvement of the game which could not be so expensive ...

#94 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:19 AM

View PostAppogee, on 12 March 2016 - 07:52 PM, said:

Solid set of enhancements, compliments to PGI.

Balance is fairly reasonable at the moment. Nothing major is required. Clans have a slight advantage overall, but once MercStar capture the entire faction warfare map playing as Clans, PGI will probably wake up to it and quirk less-viable IS chassis.

A new game mode (sucky though it appears to be), changes to the existing Conquest mode and capping, and a new map, all qualify as changes to gameplay.

meh is meh, and imho there are far more awful clan mechs that need help then IS mechs atm. at least IS mechs are fun to play.

#95 One-Inch Punch

Rookie

• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 8 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:27 AM

All this textures re-scale won't do any difference if the GI, or the backing of the textures are still poor. Most of the maps the mechs are plain black, and all that beautiful colors and textures are for naught.

#96 ShadowFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:04 PM

NEW MAP!! Hurray!!!! Lots of fixes, neat tweaks, new game modes that look very interesting, new mech, high def textures, etc. Looks like one of your best patches to date. All squeezed into a fat 7G pill..... well we will just have to start our downloads a bit earlier for sure. But Hey, it should be well worth it! Thanks PGI

#97 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:31 PM

View PostVolthorne, on 11 March 2016 - 11:44 PM, said:

I suppose you don't like conquest either then, because a co-ordinated team could just run around doing nothing but capping on most maps (except when they inevitably run into the OpFor)? I hate skirmish. It is nothing but a cancer to MWO. If it disappeared this next patch and players had to actually start THINKING about what they're doing, it would be amazing. Voting is semi-bogus (double-blind voting partially fixes this). Turrets on assault were extremely bogus, for the reasons I stated previously. They encouraged bad habits and sloppy piloting and wasted everyone's time. There was literally nothing good about them - they didn't even properly deter the tactic they were supposed to prevent, as all the God Tier Lights could just blow right on through them and cap your base anyway. TL;DR: Don't like voting on gamemode? Convince Russ to deep six Skirmish. That'll even out the queues almost instantly. Or force all the Skirmish players to Assault and the new Domination. One of the two.

It greatly amuses me to see how people can have such widely varying opinions even when presented with largely the same information. Personally, I despise conquest - combat instantly ceases because I magically captured items by standing in a box? Weird. Beyond how ridiculous it is, I just don't enjoy playing that game mode.

I don't understand how skirmish is a "cancer," really, as that sounds somewhat dramatic. And I don't understand how turrets encouraged bad habits, sloppy piloting, and wasted everyone's time. I thought that they were all right in theory, though the implementation was sometimes problematic. But hey. Everyone has their preferences.

#98 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:33 PM

Welp, I gotta say that of all F2P developers I've been dealing with over past 3 years, PGI in my book went from "self-indulgent and opaque" to "pretty much exemplary".

Also, the sucker for visuals part of me has this to say about 2k textures: "YES! YESSS!!! *imagines proper Phranken on Summoner* OMG YESSSS!!!!" Posted Image

#99 Max Von Lakes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 164 posts
  • LocationThe Lakes, England

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:35 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 12 March 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

"Balance" is dead.

#100 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:10 PM

View PostJaidenHaze, on 12 March 2016 - 04:06 AM, said:

1) No PPC adjustements?

3) No AMS incentive?

I would like to single out these two.

I do not expect mega buffs to the PPC family, especially not to the standard IS PPC, but the ERPPCs are in a desolate state.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users