68 replies to this topic

#61 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:58 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 June 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

ER laser duration is gonna make it hotter than it already is.

-20% energy heat gen quirk is the way to go (on top of duration quirk)
Also 7% more speed.

And some additional arm ARMOR.

That is my recipe!

I don't find the MLX to be that hot. It's less hot than my LCT-1E for only 2 points less damage and with significantly greater reach. The heat is fine now. It needs less duration, because right now it takes so long for the cERML to burn that you receive an inordinate amount of return fire for what you are dealing out. PGI saw the need to dramatically reduce laser burn on the Locust, and I believe that was the right call. The same applies to the Mist Lynx.

I wouldn't mind a speed quirk, though.

View PostDeathlike, on 20 June 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

Mist Lynxes are like Awesomes - you forget they exist, and once they do actually show up, they are usually gutted easily.

There's like not one redeeming quality of the Mist Lynx.. primarily because the Cheetah does literally everything what the Mist Lynx does better.

Too many people try to find value in it, but like all obviously bad mechs (like the Vindicator), the flaws tend to outweigh basic usability.

I mean, unless we want to turn the 'Mech into a super tank, that's not really going to change. The ACH will always be flat-out better. At this point, I'll settle for "less bad."

#62 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:12 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 21 June 2016 - 04:58 AM, said:

I don't find the MLX to be that hot. It's less hot than my LCT-1E for only 2 points less damage and with significantly greater reach. The heat is fine now. It needs less duration, because right now it takes so long for the cERML to burn that you receive an inordinate amount of return fire for what you are dealing out. PGI saw the need to dramatically reduce laser burn on the Locust, and I believe that was the right call. The same applies to the Mist Lynx.

I wouldn't mind a speed quirk, though.

I've advocated in a speed quirk (like the Summoner), but apparently it's currently "fine" for whatever random reason.

Duration quirk needs to happen either way.

I mean, unless we want to turn the 'Mech into a super tank, that's not really going to change. The ACH will always be flat-out better. At this point, I'll settle for "less bad."

I'll settle for "mediocre" instead of "bad".

Edited by Deathlike, 21 June 2016 - 05:13 AM.

#63 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:28 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 June 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

I probably should've added the word "relevant".

ACH is better than the MLX in every relevant possible way.

Hey I am not saying MLX is better than ACH, but please don't go and tell me maneuverability and durability are irrelevant(*). MLX higher maneuverability and durability make it a better point blank range fencer and it has an easier time destroying isolated fatties.

That said not all mechs have to be meta, that would be a very a boring game indeed. Enforcers and Centurions aren't meta mechs but if you are in an organized team that is going to brawl they are a very viable choice. In a similar way MLX becomes better the more disorganized the match is => Solo Queue, becuase their superior maneuverability lets them troll poorly organized teams very efficiently.

What I am trying to say is that it's true that MLX is a low end mech, but in a very special way that has its own little niche, try to make it into an ACH and all you will get is a BAD ACH... way to make a mech truly obsolete. You know there's no one forcing you to play MLX so don't ruin it for those who enjoy its queerness and special play style.

(*) Much of this mech's viability is the fact that current meta consist mostly of laser vomit, scan-damage rolls over MLX very well, but if some day PPFLD becomes the general meta again that may change... a lot.

#64 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:34 AM

CAP still being hardlocked proves that anyone from PGI doesn't play this game or they don't care and just make smokescreen patches like this rescale thing and calls it content.

#65 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:25 AM

View PostBrizna, on 21 June 2016 - 05:28 AM, said:

Hey I am not saying MLX is better than ACH, but please don't go and tell me maneuverability and durability are irrelevant(*). MLX higher maneuverability and durability make it a better point blank range fencer and it has an easier time destroying isolated fatties.

The maneuverability isn't enough. It's as slow as a 280XL Cicada build or even a Panther... both of which have greater overall firepower (and the latter being somewhat gimmicky).

Once a more capable Light enters the fray (assuming it's running at a faster speed than the Mist Lynx), it's generally over for the Mist Lynx.

A mech that has less relevance than its alternatives (including the Lolcust or even a non-Oxide Jenner) isn't a bracket you'd want to be in.

That said not all mechs have to be meta, that would be a very a boring game indeed. Enforcers and Centurions aren't meta mechs but if you are in an organized team that is going to brawl they are a very viable choice. In a similar way MLX becomes better the more disorganized the match is => Solo Queue, becuase their superior maneuverability lets them troll poorly organized teams very efficiently.

Enforcers have a limited usage in the upper tier meta (mostly for long range, due to the quirks).

Good players can make bad mechs look good, but it doesn't make the mech less bad. We have this same argument for every mech that's bottom tiered (including Vindicators), and time after time.. it's cannon fodder for the rest of us. I've trolled enough people in the Mist Lynx... it doesn't make it good.

Edited by Deathlike, 21 June 2016 - 06:26 AM.

#66 Variant1

• 1,148 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

I dunno op I like the CAP. Cap is very useful as it adds extra sensor range, counters ecm and detect shutdown mechs. Id say keep the cap

#67 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

Not being hardlocked means you can put it yourself if you want lol, but most Myth Lynx builds do better without

#68 Nammuz

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:54 AM

Making the CAP removable would give you 1 more ton to use for armor, ammo, or heat sinks. It's a small step, but it still doesn't address the fact that it can't run as fast, jump as far, or carry as much weapons as an ACH. Still, it's a really easy step that wouldn't require creating a different variant with more hardpoints to try to even out that aspect. Maybe create a version with no JJ for people who want more tonnage for weapons. I don't think there's any real way of making it competitive again, just making it suck less would be great.

#69 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:29 AM

View PostNammuz, on 21 June 2016 - 09:54 AM, said:

Making the CAP removable would give you 1 more ton to use for armor, ammo, or heat sinks. It's a small step, but it still doesn't address the fact that it can't run as fast, jump as far, or carry as much weapons as an ACH. Still, it's a really easy step that wouldn't require creating a different variant with more hardpoints to try to even out that aspect. Maybe create a version with no JJ for people who want more tonnage for weapons. I don't think there's any real way of making it competitive again, just making it suck less would be great.

One thing that I always thought would be pretty amazing is having a few head omnipods that had different equipment.

An ECM head would be an obvious choice but what would be really amazing is a head with MASC I. You'd have to chose one and give up the other.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users