• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:51 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 15 March 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

Temp Workaround.

Drill to your MWO folder/Bin32 and send MWOClient.exe as a shortcut to your desktop. Then right click on the shortcut, properties, Shortcut tab. Add space -nopatch and save.

"F:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" -nopatch

Make sure to fully patch the game first.

Thanks... tried, and no good. It's still loading up the 64-bit client.
Edit: was loading up the wrong exe. Woups. It works now!

Edited by Tarogato, 15 March 2016 - 08:46 PM.

#22 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,668 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:03 PM

View PostTarogato, on 15 March 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

Thanks... tried, and no good. It's still loading up the 64-bit client.

Make sure you are selecting MWOCLIENT.exe in 32bit folder. 32bit shows up in the upper left and task manager showing the MWOClient.exe being used is from the 32bit folder.

I made the mistake of first using MechwarriorOnline.exe, that is simply the patcher which right now autoselect 64bit if on a 64bit system, even if the cfg file for the patcher is edited.

I have tested it for both standalone game and game located in the Steam folder.

Post the info that is listed in your shortcut, target line.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 15 March 2016 - 08:10 PM.

#23 Stunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNM

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:10 PM

Hey this just worked for one of my friends so thank you for that. He was getting an error when attempting to play.. He was already patched so the -nopatch works great until PGI of course drops another patch.

#24 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,668 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:17 PM

View PostStunner, on 15 March 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

Hey this just worked for one of my friends so thank you for that. He was getting an error when attempting to play.. He was already patched so the -nopatch works great until PGI of course drops another patch.

His error may be due to not have 64bit version of C++ 2010. But glad it worked for him!!!

#25 Jeep

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:17 PM

Temp Workaround.

Drill to your MWO folder/Bin32 and send MWOClient.exe as a shortcut to your desktop. Then right click on the shortcut, properties, Shortcut tab. Add to the end of the target line a space after the " then -nopatch and save.

Example of how mine is setup

Standalone
Target: "F:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" -nopatch

Start in: "F:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32"

Steam Version
Target: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" -nopatch

Start In: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MechWarrior Online\Bin32"

Make sure to fully patch the game first.

PS. Make sure it is MWOCLIENT.exe in 32BIN folder, NOT the MechwarriorOnline.exe (patcher)

Hey, this worked! Well done my friend.

#26 Jimmy Walker

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:35 PM

Hell yeah that worked!

#27 Vekkan

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:43 PM

this is sad that a work around to a problem that didn't even exist is needed for people to run this game. completely unacceptable. thanks Tarl Cabot for working on our behalf for no benefit to yourself.

#28 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:45 PM

Attention, everyone... There is one other safe parameter you can use instead of "-nopatch"... The parameter is "flowthru", no dash needed. Simply put it in place of the other parameter, and you'll be fine. The Command Line would look something like...

Standalone
Target: "F:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" flowthru
Start in: "F:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32"
Steam Version
Target: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" flowthru
Start In: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MechWarrior Online\Bin32"

...and remember to rewrite with the proper path to where your MWO Client's game executable is located. Unless you created a shortcut directly from the game executable itself, simply copying the above to build your own shortcut when you have a different path will cause an error from Windows itself. This parameter on the shortcut will allow you to launch cleanly, but if a patch comes up, you'll be notified for certain about it.

~D. V. "bringing the 'useful other half' of the info" Devnull

#29 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:45 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 15 March 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

MWOCLIENT.exe

Woups, I thought I edited my post, but it didn't go through. Posted Image
Yeah, I figured it out - I had the wrong exe and it works now. Thanks so much for sharing this!

#30 HammerSmythe

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:07 PM

Thanks for the info. I've tried the x64 client a few times before. It has never worked at all for me. I'm glad to have a way to keep playing!

#31 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:52 PM

View PostJimmy Walker, on 15 March 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

Wow, In the support email I was just told they now are going to force 64 bit on 64 bit systems. I have NEVER got 64 bit to work. What a mess. She wants me to send a screen shot when the game hangs my box trying to run 64 bit

??

They never cease to amaze with their remarkable ability to **** something up that has been working fine for ages and no-one asked to change.

I logged in last night eventually and the game ran crap same problem i used to have when running in 64bit now i can't force it back to 32!?!

PGI what do you smoke? i want some!

#32 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:17 AM

TARL CABOT >>>>> HERO of MWO!

It loads - It loads!!!!!

Kudos to you Sir!

Thank you so very much.

Crusty Dog = Tail Wagging!

o7 <3

#33 amdy80

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:47 AM

Same problem cant play anymore!!! My computer is old yeah but i played since start of open beta and all worked fine since yesterday. What does this mean , if they dont change it back i just cant play anymore!!!

#34 Rotteck Koempel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 282 posts
  • LocationRamboTier

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:26 AM

What a mess by PGI.

Can't play anymore because my System doesn't run the 64 Bit-Version!!!!

Do they have so much players now, that they can cut off serveral old veterans?

Change ist Back to the 32-bit-option!!!!!!

#35 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:45 AM

Hero of the day speech

You deserve a medal o7

#36 NoiseCrypt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 596 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:12 AM

I agree with you all on the point, that a thing like removing 32bit support shouldn't happen on purpose without heavy communication.

If its an accident, i will give them the benefit of "S** Happens", if they are able to hotfix it immediately.
IT stuff is complicated, people are complicated, and stuff breaks from time to time. In such cases, judgment should not be based on the incident but on the reaction.

That said, I do have one suggestion to make.
When complaining about hardware/software/anything, then for the love of (insert deity of preference) provide your system specs... in detail.

For all we know you could be trying to run the game through Wine on a Raspberry PI.... Or on Windows Vista...
How can anyone help you when all you provide is the information that "something doesn't work", and you only follow it up with... "but it used to..." or "... now it works..."

This situation really sucks, but to put it into perspective: Your communication skills are just as bad as the people who forgot to mention this in the patch note.

Edited by NoiseCrypt, 16 March 2016 - 04:18 AM.

#37 Demitas the unholy Davion

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:53 PM

yes would have been nice if patch note informed people. so some of us could at least been ready . As is I dumb when it comes to fixing theses things and no amount of tech help will get me playing that's how bad I am . o well have to find another game.

#38 Demitas the unholy Davion

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:19 AM

Thank god for steam at least i can get in now

#39 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:31 AM

Theoretically it's not that bad of an idea to force 64 bit, it should be outright better as long as you're on a 64 bit system. Weird that people are experiencing worse performance with it.

#40 ELETTRO

• PipPip
  • The Demon
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:31 AM

Temp Workaround. (edited some)
  • Drill to your MWO folder/Bin32, right click on MWOClient.exe and select send to desktop as a shortcut.
  • Then right click on the shortcut, properties, Shortcut tab. Add to the end of the target line a space after the " then -nopatch and save.
Example of how mine is setup

Standalone
  • Target: "F:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" -nopatch
  • Start in: "F:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32"

Thumbs up for you man.
I wanna say thanks to you , PROBLEM SOLVED !
I 'll let you get an easy kill when i 'll meet you on battlefield ! Posted Image
After many hour of patching , uninstall , reinstall , finally i can go online again !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users