Failing To Connect To Match Then Penalizing Me.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Olderine

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:05 AM

I have so far been dropped out of the match or not put into the match and then penalized for leaving several times. When doing so it brings me to a match loading screen that says Mode: Mechlab. Sometimes the game totally blocks me from doing anything so I have to reboot my PC. That's really bad. Please fix.

Edited by Olderine, 17 March 2016 - 01:05 AM.

#2 Neema Teymory

NetCode Slayer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:30 AM

Hey Olderine,

If you are getting kicked right back to mechlab from the loading screen, it sounds like a connectivity issue. It's possible that your firewall is blocking MWO from sending UDP traffic to our game servers. A very simple way to rule this out is to temporarily disable your windows firewall and see if you can connect to a match. Let us know if this works for you. Be sure to turn your firewall back on after this test.

#3 Olderine

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:50 PM

Thank you for the reply and suggestions but the firewall was not the problem. It has not repeated since my post though. Guess what bothers me most is that I got double wammied by being disconnected somehow and then penalized by the game for leaving. Just wanted to play. You do need to address the issue where under said circumstances the game would often lock up my PC while it was spinning it's wheels on the odd loading screen where it said "Mode: Mechlab" as if it was some kind of match called Mechlab. Not being able to alt tab out of the game or in any other way short of rebooting the PC is unacceptable.

Edited by Olderine, 21 March 2016 - 03:00 PM.

#4 faceeroll

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:39 PM

Having same issue. Has been going on for a few hours. Tried the firewall, and that is not the issue. please fix my penalties are getting ridiculous.

#5 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:34 AM

Any chance the two of you were connecting to the Oceanic server network? :mellow:

~D. V. "It's got to be asked." Devnull

#6 TTDeadsayer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:53 AM

I have had a couple of times where I am able to connect to the match but then partway through I get booted, then when I reconnect and the match ends, I get 0 XP and CBills for leaving early. Once, I got booted right near the beginning of a match. It just hung up on the "Preparing Drop" screen before you see who is on the teams and click the ready button for ever. I waited and waited and finally had to force close the game and relaunch it. When I was finally able to reconnect the match was nearly over. I got 0 XP and CBills and then had to suffer the wait for my next match as penalty for leaving early. I was not impressed.

Edited by TTDeadsayer, 20 March 2016 - 09:57 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users