2 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:55 AM

Alright here is my problem. After the patch the front end started normally, however when I hit Play the game shuts down and dies due to a technical error. I believe that I can fix the problem easy enough by getting to the in-game video setting and setting my client to 32-bit client. I have an older computer, and the 64 bit client won't work. The patch as well as the repair tool reset this to the 64 bit client and I need help in figuring out how to get to this setting mechanism. In the past you could adjust the settings from the start up page or front end, however that has changed and I no longer see this option.

Please, any help in figuring out how to get to this setting reset would be appreciated. I have contacted technical support but all I seem to be getting is a forum letter which is not helping.

My computer simply won't have anything to do with 64 bit and it is maxed out already.The setting I need to adjust is in the in-game video setting and I just need help getting to it.

Thank You.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:17 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...2-force-32-bit/

The instructions are in the last post of the first page.

View PostTarl Cabot, on 15 March 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

Temp Workaround. (edited some)
  • Drill to your MWO folder/Bin32, right click on MWOClient.exe and select send to desktop as a shortcut.
  • Then right click on the shortcut, properties, Shortcut tab. Add to the end of the target line a space after the " then -nopatch and save.
Example of how mine is setup

Standalone
  • Target: "F:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" -nopatch
  • Start in: "F:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32"

Steam Version
  • Target: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" -nopatch
  • Start In: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MechWarrior Online\Bin32"
Make sure to fully patch the game first.

PS. Make sure it is MWOCLIENT.exe in 32BIN folder, NOT the MechwarriorOnline.exe (patcher) nor MWOClient.exe in the 64Bin folder.

Okay, I think am finished editing Posted Image

View PostD V Devnull, on 15 March 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

Attention, everyone... There is one other safe parameter you can use instead of "-nopatch"... The parameter is "flowthru", no dash needed. Simply put it in place of the other parameter, and you'll be fine. The Command Line would look something like...

Standalone
Target: "F:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" flowthru
Start in: "F:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32"
Steam Version
Target: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" flowthru
Start In: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MechWarrior Online\Bin32"

...and remember to rewrite with the proper path to where your MWO Client's game executable is located. Unless you created a shortcut directly from the game executable itself, simply copying the above to build your own shortcut when you have a different path will cause an error from Windows itself. This parameter on the shortcut will allow you to launch cleanly, but if a patch comes up, you'll be notified for certain about it.

~D. V. "bringing the 'useful other half' of the info" Devnull

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 18 March 2016 - 04:19 PM.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:15 AM

Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users