- - - - -

Just Got Cored By 4 Shots. In A Mauler.

41 replies to this topic

#1 Spacedman

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:45 PM

Not sure how to report suspicious players here but he sure wiped out our entire team by himself. Cored my mauler in 4 shots total. That was all of the damage I took.

Edited by Spacedman, 17 March 2016 - 03:49 PM.

#2 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:47 PM

Just in case you dont know, you are violating the TOS by naming and shaming, prolly best to edit your post and remove the name.

#3 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:48 PM

Whats the armour values on your Mauler ?

#4 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

What can happen is high tier players get bored and make up alts and slay underhivers to make themselves feel better.

What did you get shot with?

#5 Spacedman

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:51 PM

large laser ultra ac5 ultra ac 10. I would not normally call shens but he then killed the rest of my team within a minute. perhaps less than that. armor is max in torso area. 80 front and 35 rear.

Oh and I took his name out but would still love to report him.

Edited by Spacedman, 17 March 2016 - 03:53 PM.

#6 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:55 PM

5+10+7(i think) = 22, not including double tap for uac 5 and not spreading the LL damage

Times that by 4 and you get 88 points damage with another possible 20 for double tap on the uac.

Could be a really good shot.

TBH id take that rear armor down to 15-16 and put the rest on the front.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 17 March 2016 - 03:57 PM.

#7 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:56 PM

What was his loadout? I know for sure that a SRM boat can easily do this. A KFX with SRM4x6 is already 48 damage in a single volley, repeatable every 4 seconds. Jenner IIC with SRM6x6 is 72 damage in a single volley.

And if it's a dual gauss, dual PPC direwhale, that's 50 points PPFLD, which is more than enough to completely destroy your 80 points frontal armor + struct in 4 volleys with good aim.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 17 March 2016 - 03:57 PM.

#8 Spacedman

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:58 PM

Right. Then get 6-7 kills within a minute? Just right down the line? All this with bad angles in the swamp map with the mechs spread out.

Edited by Spacedman, 17 March 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#9 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:00 PM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 17 March 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

What was his loadout? I know for sure that a SRM boat can easily do this. A KFX with SRM4x6 is already 48 damage in a single volley, repeatable every 4 seconds. Jenner IIC with SRM6x6 is 72 damage in a single volley.

And if it's a dual gauss, dual PPC direwhale, that's 50 points PPFLD, which is more than enough to completely destroy your 80 points frontal armor + struct in 4 volleys with good aim.

Large laser, uac5 and ac 10 he said

If they were all cored its possible, not probable but certainly possible.

Ive gotten a few kills in a row when the stars and moon aligned and you come up against a group of robbits all cored and you hit the right spot.

#10 Spacedman

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:02 PM

This was our first volley though. It was practically the first shots.

Anyway. I have to go to bed. I have been playing long enough to know when something is up with a player. Really wish I would start using shadowplay.

Thanks and let me know if I can report him,. He needs to be looked at imo.

Edited by Spacedman, 17 March 2016 - 04:05 PM.

#11 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:02 PM

80 front is kinda low for an assault.. The guy could of just been good.. Like others said, good players do make alts and go trial stomp in pugs. The trials are darn good mechs these days. there is a report tool in game, by clicking on the players name, and if he is cheating chances are others already reported him.

That said, when i made my clan account and got tossed into tier 5, for the first 12 matches i think i was getting 3-5 kills, and tons of assists and racking up 500-800+ in a trial timber C/ I think i lost one match and most matches were over in about 5 mins. By that time the match maker bumped me to T4, and started weighting me as a better player. Point is, you can kill a mech fast, especially if the players don't twist. So it is entirely possible a good player really did wreck half your team and get 800-1k damage and have the match end in in under 5 mins and was perfectly legit.

Edited by JC Daxion, 17 March 2016 - 04:04 PM.

#12 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:07 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 17 March 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

Large laser, uac5 and ac 10 he said

If they were all cored its possible, not probable but certainly possible.

Ive gotten a few kills in a row when the stars and moon aligned and you come up against a group of robbits all cored and you hit the right spot.

From what I read, that's his own loadout. There was no mention of what the other player was using against him. Only that his Mauler has a UAC5, a LL, and an AC10, with 80 pts front CT armour. Which is why I asked.

Edit: Never mind. When all the information is distributed across several posts, it gets a bit hard to read. So he did get hit by UAC5, LL, AC10.

UAC5 doubletap + LL + AC10, at optimal ranges, is 29 points damage. 4x that is already 116 damage, which even assuming only 70% efficiency in damage, is more than capable enough to destroy 80 pts front armour and probably turn the CT cherry red, if not destroy it outright by crits.

It's also possible that you got shot by somebody else at the same time. With so much screenshake by ballistics, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else was shooting you with ballistics too and you didn't notice.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 17 March 2016 - 04:12 PM.

#13 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

nothing to see here.

There are several loadouts that could do what was claimed in even less time.

And yes, a lot of vets and top tier players have alt accounts to go baby seal clubbing in the lower tiers.

Hell, I even made one for fun/trolling (mostly to buy and use mechs that I would not want to focus time on with this account)

#14 The Mecha Streisand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:37 PM

Took a long break, and came back to T5. The stuff I seen will make you turn WHITE.

35 rear armor on anything? Begging to get punked. Sorry.

Most likely:

Good player on an alt account. Based on what I've seen in T5 along the way, it's not even really impressive.

No offense, OP.

#15 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:00 PM

I wonder what the enemies I "encounter" think when I am piloting this thing!

#16 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:05 PM

Remind me not to take out the Jenner F, or the 4 second jenner. Two alphas to the back, dead. Then the rage and accusations. I know, playing more now and getting out of tier 5 was fun, just play a derp build, kill 6 or 7 of the other team and get a loss. Fun, but you know how long it takes getting so many losses to get out of the hell known at tier 5. No one uses tactics and only when I started to call out targets and where to go did I really start moving out of tier 5 and through tier 4.

#17 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:47 PM

Sounds like his Mauler went face to face with a Dire Wolf.

No one carries single UAC/5, UAC/10, and Large Laser so you can probably assume the enemy had pairs at minimum. After all it doesn't tell you how many you get hit with.

Assuming Clan: Twin ER Large Laser: 11 damage * 2.
Twin UAC/5: 5 damage * 2 (* 2).
Twin UAC/10: 10 damage * 2 (* 2)
Bare minimum from a single salvo (or before the ER LLs can fire again at least) : 52 damage to 82 damage.

Lets assume 52 damage: 80 armor - 52 = 28 armor left.
Salvo 2: 28 armor + 58 structure - 52 = 34 structure; armor is gone.
Salvo 3: You're dead.

So: Keep in mind that lasers spread and Clan autocannons also spread. Thus why it took 4 salvos.

You need to protect your torso.
Posted Image
It is not a difficult target.

A single mech can take you down very easily if you're not careful.
Several mechs can do it in the blink of an eye.

And if someone was cheating, you'd know it. Your cockpit would be gone in 2 salvos with almost no damage anywhere else.

This only does 45 damage per shot, and I'm even killing things on accident.
The game has a bit of trouble with high-damage alpha strikes. At least with an IS Large Laser (or Clan ER Large Laser) + a Clan UAC/5 and Clan UAC/10... or dual-wielding each: this guy used a weapon variety instead of just 13 ER PPCs.

#18 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:55 PM

If you still want to report the incident, e-mail moderation@mwomercs.com

Provide the details, screenshots, etc

Do not expect to hear back from them other than they are looking into it so you will probably not ever know if your suspicion is correct.

#19 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:35 PM

if you suspect anything, just click the name on the scoreboard and report.

anyway, 4 shots to kill with only 80 armor front is far from impossible, especially if you were just staring at him. A UAC20/4MLas Hunchie IIC can do 68 dmg in one volley.

#20 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:35 PM

Considering he's in Tier 5, he would be at most teamed/opposed against Tier 3 players afaik.

I bet most cheaters would not be in Tier 3 but probably far into Tier 1, especially considering tier 1 isnt even that hard for average players..

Also, Torso Armor (front/back) ratio should be around 10:1

:P

Edited by x MT x, 17 March 2016 - 07:36 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users