At Least

22 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:28 PM

at least when my my psr for tier five goes completely empty i cannot go to a lower tier because their is not one. The level required to stay the same on a loss is too high especially if you get targeted first all the time. to you keyboard trolls who delight in using alternate accounts to stomp new players, i hope your lives are very interesting in the future.

#2 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:30 PM

Uh, ok?

#3 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:32 PM

Who's Smurf is this?

Don't YOLO. Profit.

#4 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 17 March 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

especially if you get targeted first all the time.

PEBKAC

Patience, Grasshopper.

#5 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:56 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 17 March 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

at least when my my psr for tier five goes completely empty i cannot go to a lower tier because their is not one. The level required to stay the same on a loss is too high especially if you get targeted first all the time. to you keyboard trolls who delight in using alternate accounts to stomp new players, i hope your lives are very interesting in the future.

Your playing the game wrong, adjust your playstyle to that of viewing the other 11 players on your team as free armor.

#6 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:05 PM

500 damage...too much?

If you start shooting, it becomes less of an issue. Remove STs to help

#7 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:18 PM

dud i have been playing this game for a few months and while i know i am still relatively new at it. its very frustrating when i drop with people i know are very experienced and the other team apparently not but we still get trashed like a bunch of people walking in front of a firing squad. I can be in the middle of a pack and get shot from someone that does not show up anywhere on radar even though i spin around to see. Most times i am not the most dangerous person out there because i am still learning. You people with many accounts really need to get a life away from the keyboard.

#8 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 17 March 2016 - 01:18 PM, said:

dud i have been playing this game for a few months and while i know i am still relatively new at it. its very frustrating when i drop with people i know are very experienced and the other team apparently not but we still get trashed like a bunch of people walking in front of a firing squad. I can be in the middle of a pack and get shot from someone that does not show up anywhere on radar even though i spin around to see. Most times i am not the most dangerous person out there because i am still learning. You people with many accounts really need to get a life away from the keyboard.

you do realize that "those people" are just as likely to be in your team as in the enemy's team, right?

#9 55555

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:23 PM

don't worry about your PSR. have fun. use your teammates as teammates.

#10 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:38 PM

View Post55555, on 17 March 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

use your teammates as teammates.

ahhhh... wait, what?

#11 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:51 PM

A Tier 5 player is dropping with Tier 5-3 players. Not against any top tier players.

If you're getting targeted first, then 1.) It means you are rushing out first, and 2.) you should be the first to get into cover.

Try engaging the enemy at the same time as your teammates do if you're suck of being the tip of the spear.

#12 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:28 PM

View Post55555, on 17 March 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

use your teammates as teammates.

Stupid commie! Go save the whales.

Teammates are fodder not friends.

Edited by nehebkau, 17 March 2016 - 06:28 PM.

#13 thehiddenedge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:02 PM

I started this account so I could get back to my tier 5 roots and no matter what terrible builds I run, I somehow keep going up.

Thank you for your words of encouragement though. I hope my life is very interesting in the future as well.

#14 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:32 PM

then as a alternate account it should be banned because you are nothing more than a upper tier player looking for easy kills and that is just not right. As it is the psr system is broken at tier 5 becyou have to make 400 match points to stay even on a loss and that is unjust especially to win all you have to do to advance is get 100 exp and you are going up. to do the same on defeat you have to do almost 600 and when your side is being trashed, not a one of you keyboard trolls could achieve that score.

#15 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:45 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 17 March 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

then as a alternate account it should be banned because you are nothing more than a upper tier player looking for easy kills and that is just not right. As it is the psr system is broken at tier 5 becyou have to make 400 match points to stay even on a loss and that is unjust especially to win all you have to do to advance is get 100 exp and you are going up. to do the same on defeat you have to do almost 600 and when your side is being trashed, not a one of you keyboard trolls could achieve that score.

It's match score, not XP that matters for your rating.
It's 251+ to stay even on a loss, at any tier, and 401+ to go up on a loss.
But it's only 101+ to go up on a win, and worst you can do on a win is stay the same with 100 or less match score.

So, to put it simply, you need to win more than you lose. If that isn't happening, look at the reasons why your team lost. Did they scatter to the four winds and get picked off one by one? Not any focus fire? There are things you can do to correct both of these to a certain extent. First is communication, which can also just be a well placed UAV to heard the PUGs.

Second is pick someone in your lance/on your team in a mech that slower than yours and make them your wingman, whether they know it or not. Follow them around and shoot what they shoot, you'll greatly improve both yours and their survivability and also increase your chances of winning.

Edited by EgoSlayer, 17 March 2016 - 08:45 PM.

#16 thehiddenedge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:53 PM

then as a alternate account it should be banned because you are nothing more than a upper tier player looking for easy kills and that is just not right.

oh don't get your panties in a bunch, I'll be in tier 2 in a couple of matches anyway. Anybody that knows me can tell you that I play for fun and seal clubbing ain't no fun in my book.

As it is the psr system is broken at tier 5 becyou have to make 400 match points to stay even on a loss and that is unjust especially to win all you have to do to advance is get 100 exp and you are going up. to do the same on defeat you have to do almost 600 and when your side is being trashed, not a one of you keyboard trolls could achieve that score.

Not that hard, honestly.

I've only really used this account since January. Before that I was on a year and a half break. I made it from the bottom of tier 5 to basically tier 2 in two months without even trying. I've seen plenty of others do it much faster.

Edited by thehiddenedge, 17 March 2016 - 10:14 PM.

#17 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:00 PM

Actually I have heard this becoming more of an issue lately with tier 1 players getting tired of losing they create an alt account to farm new players to boost their self-esteem.

#18 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:09 PM

Search for the video settings threads and see what settings work for your rig. For quite a while my computer didn't draw in mechs past 800 meters or so standing next to something. I would see their lasers, missiles or gunfire appear in midair and even shoot at the empty spot the fire came from and get a red hit indicator but the enemy was still invisible to me. Meant I often got hit first, because I literally couldn't see a mech standing next to a building staring me down and lining up their twin gauss or whatever.

With changed settings I see the enemy now (or at least I think I do). Also if a light pop tarted you from behind or shot and dipped back behind cover you will see the red hud indicator you took fire from behind but by the time you can turn around they are no longer visible.

Finally, if you can...try different times of the day. I find that the crowd playing at peek times based on US east coast early evening is tougher while the earlier day enemy is often less savvy. That is for weekdays. Weekends you never know what you will get, especially with various events running.

#19 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:03 PM

Bottom of Tier 5, when you are always the first mech to make contact.

Posted Image

Edited by Amsro, 17 March 2016 - 11:03 PM.

#20 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:06 PM

*sigh*

time to make a new account

*unzips*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users