Domination 1.49 Round. Gg

Feedback

19 replies to this topic

#1 Ulris Ventis

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:36 PM

It's a great mode with awesome map and well done spawn points.
It was never so fun before, would play again if I could!

But, seriously PGI. Wtf? Did you even test this bloody thing?

The round time - 1:49

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Ulris Ventis, 18 March 2016 - 03:37 PM.

#2 Dibster

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:20 PM

Maybe im missing something but I don't see a problem. One team was apparently being a scaredy cat and deserved the swift loss.

#3 Ulris Ventis

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:43 PM

View PostDibster, on 19 March 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

Maybe im missing something but I don't see a problem. One team was apparently being a scaredy cat and deserved the swift loss.

Our position on the map is how far we COULD get until match was over. My position as well. Only because they had a bunch of fast mechs and a better spawn shouldn't auto win them a round.

#4 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:01 PM

Absolute bullsh*t. There is no way on earth none of you could get in the circle in 1:49 minutes. You were all jerking around or were scared to advance. Even a company of Atlai would have gotten to position in almost 2 minutes.

#5 Ulris Ventis

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:04 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 19 March 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

Absolute bullsh*t. There is no way on earth none of you could get in the circle in 1:49 minutes. You were all jerking around or were scared to advance. Even a company of Atlai would have gotten to position in almost 2 minutes.

I don't care how you want to call it, there are screenshots on top that exactly show everything. I had a speed of 64-67km/h max and that was my location.
The mode that brings victory in such amount of time ONLY because someone had faster mechs and better spawn is what I will call ********.
And losing a round because I can't physically get there in time is what I call ********.

Solution could be simple, by giving up ~2 mins prep time until it could be captured or any other amount of time, at least 1 minute.

#6 Azraelia

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:02 AM

Yeah same thing here happening. I was pumped to NASCAR around the map and get flanked but the match ending before it started is great too! 10 minutes of loading waiting, running for 25000 Cbills and loss to Tier, not even seeing a red blip.

Just wait until the event is over and noone needs damage done, light rush to middle, whoever gets there first wins. Its going to be so exciting.

Maybe a 2 minute timer before the clock can start to count down? Give us assaults at least a chance to get around the first wall before its over?

Although I would much rather they fix full throttle deactivation just to load map or type although it only happens 1/2 the time for giggles, maybe I would of got there in time! Been a bug since beta, and so very annoying.

#7 Ulris Ventis

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:46 AM

View PostAzraelia, on 20 March 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

Give us assaults at least a chance to get around the first wall before its over?

I can only guess how painful it must be for any DWF or some Maulers.

#8 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 763 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:13 AM

Its not a problem of the assaults. Im domination game mode the first job of the lights or any other +100 kph mech (and you have one of these for sure in every drop) is to get in the circle. And that is what the enemy light obviously did...
So you can clearly tell who botched the match... not you, but the SDR / SHC pilot of yout team. Even if the SDR was a troll build with a damn slow engine, The SHC definitly had the chance to get in the marker within 1:49

This game mode needs that people learn what is called 'situation awareness'.

Sorry to say, but the only reason to complain is that two of your team mates did not see what their job was. The game mode though is working well so far.

Edited by Cyrilis, 21 March 2016 - 03:17 AM.

#9 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:01 AM

Well I see an Oxide and a Crab and Centurion on your team. All three of them should be able to get in the circle fast enough. If they don't do it, it is the fault of them and not the game mode.
And if you have forgotten: The whole game mode was set up that you would need to hold the center for 5 minutes. They adjusted it to 1 minute due to heavy complaints of the community. Of course they couldn't test it with 1 minute for weeks if it is a thing they have to do spontaneously to please the community,

#10 a Cat piloting a BattleMech

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:18 AM

alpha lance dropped the ball so hard it must have triggered the seismic sensors.
You have my sympathies (lost an assault game on polar when it came out, without anyone firing a shot), but I do not think it is the game modes fault. Would agree that about a minute of "set-up time" might be nice, where the timers are not yet active.

#11 Ulris Ventis

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:27 AM

I understand the point of view you guys are providing and I agree with that. It is correct.
The game is lost because a light, or 2 lights, or a med, or 2 meds didn't do the proper job, or they didn't want to die and simply slacked off.

But please don't forget that this is a PUBLIC game, not a premade, not the faction wars and it's supposed to be PUBLIC where people randomly chosen to play together should be able to play a proper game with different Mechs and skill. Since I'm T2 I can play with T4 players and they can be great players as well, but that is not an insurance from any bad players (from any tier of course) taking light roles and not doing anything for the whole round.
If it only favors quick mechs, what I stated in the beginning, it's not working properly.

I don't see any tactical or fun value in this start match rush to the circle from both sides, it's a mess and something should be done about it. I like my Bounty Hunter, I've begun playing it only recently and I don't want to switch to some 140kmh mech only because 1 mode doesn't allow me to have fun with my BH.

#12 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:58 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 21 March 2016 - 03:13 AM, said:

Its not a problem of the assaults. Im domination game mode the first job of the lights or any other +100 kph mech (and you have one of these for sure in every drop) is to get in the circle. And that is what the enemy light obviously did...
So you can clearly tell who botched the match... not you, but the SDR / SHC pilot of yout team. Even if the SDR was a troll build with a damn slow engine, The SHC definitly had the chance to get in the marker within 1:49

This game mode needs that people learn what is called 'situation awareness'.

Sorry to say, but the only reason to complain is that two of your team mates did not see what their job was. The game mode though is working well so far.

1. matchmaker cannot guarantee there will be light on your team, since it only uses the inputs players give it
2. so the game ending in 2 minutes is a fault of one or two people? without rest of the team being able to contribute at all? i do not want to blame pgi for this game mode (though should have tested it prior, it is always about iteration), but your idea about working gamemode is really horrible

#13 Azraelia

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:05 AM

Yeah kinda sucks many get punished because a couple lights didn't know they were supposed to kamikaze themselves to the middle. To be honest when I first tried that match mode, I assumed you had to destroy the two enemy bases before you could start capping which seemed logical. Still not sure what the enemy bases are for.

Edited by Azraelia, 21 March 2016 - 10:07 AM.

#14 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:04 AM

You don't have to kamikaze to the middle. It is enough to stand at the edge of the circle in cover or even to get near the circle and shoot every 4-5 seconds on an enemy 'Mech...

The field bases increase the timer. If you destroy an enemy base the timer of them goes up (not sure if 15 seconds or if it resets to 1 minute. But it cannot be pushed higher than 1 minute).

#15 Ulris Ventis

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:25 PM

On Grim Plexus it's not quite easy to stay within circle, or to hit enemy mechs within circle without exposing yourself much to enemy team and LRMs. As I remember, you either have to flank around to get enough cover through D4, or try to poke from behind the building close to the crater at C5 while getting LRMd out of existence.
I have already tried holding off capture with Orion IIC from those horrible positions, dealing 550 damage to those within circle, taking a lot of damage from a bunch of enemy mechs, dying and our team losing in the end. It felt pretty much pointless in the end.
All I want is MWO becoming a better fun game with a more tactical approach where strategy actually matters, not a rushing game that makes you expose yourself needlessly. Like Polar Highlands for example, where teamwork is essential for victory and it pays off.

Edited by Ulris Ventis, 21 March 2016 - 12:26 PM.

#16 pyrocomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

View Posthappy mech, on 21 March 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

1. matchmaker cannot guarantee there will be light on your team, since it only uses the inputs players give it

The teams composition in terms of mech classes is symmetrical. MM does not guarantee 3/3/3/3, but if your team is 1/1/5/5 then the opposite team in solo drop will have the same.So matchmaker guarantees that if your team had no lights, then the opposing team also had no lights. The enemy team in the example above had a Spider that did his job. The blue team had a Jenner that did who knows what.

#17 Ulris Ventis

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:47 PM

View Postpyrocomp, on 21 March 2016 - 01:17 PM, said:

The teams composition in terms of mech classes is symmetrical. MM does not guarantee 3/3/3/3, but if your team is 1/1/5/5 then the opposite team in solo drop will have the same.So matchmaker guarantees that if your team had no lights, then the opposing team also had no lights. The enemy team in the example above had a Spider that did his job. The blue team had a Jenner that did who knows what.

It shouldn't matter for the team what 1 single mech is doing out of 12. It shouldn't be a matter of win/lose in under 2 minutes.

#18 a Cat piloting a BattleMech

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:22 AM

View PostUlris Ventis, on 21 March 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

It shouldn't matter for the team what 1 single mech is doing out of 12. It shouldn't be a matter of win/lose in under 2 minutes.

You do have a point there. I was in games where I watched our counter go down to 8 seconds before someone decided to move close enought to stop the countdown, while I was stomping about in a king crab or some other tectonic plate.

I think the easiest to implement would be a delay in the timers at the beginning. Maybe have the bases do something useful (gain 15 seconds? going out of the zone an destroying these takes longer than that)

#19 pyrocomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:56 AM

It should as it does.
Or on oppisite it's all about deathballing and having as many heavies as possible. Drops already are like 1/1/6/4.

View Posta Cat piloting a BattleMech, on 22 March 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

You do have a point there. I was in games where I watched our counter go down to 8 seconds before someone decided to move close enought to stop the countdown, while I was stomping about in a king crab or some other tectonic plate.

I think the easiest to implement would be a delay in the timers at the beginning. Maybe have the bases do something useful (gain 15 seconds? going out of the zone an destroying these takes longer than that)

If you'll add [2] minutes 'no cap' period how the domination will be any different from skirmish?

#20 MrJolly

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:05 PM

Your team had at least five people who could have been in the circle. (All in Alpha, plus Nova in Bravo.) I tested from Charlie spawn point on your side, and it took me 1:15 to get in cover in the circle (the small white buildings in E6) in a Hellbringer (87kph). It took me two minutes flat in an Atlas, so assaults are excused.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users