#1 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:37 PM

What the topic says.

Before the penalty system players who where obviously shielding an enemy from fire of their own team to get the kill where just one of the lesser annoyances in game, especially during events.

Now this stuff is a serious offense.

People standing too close to the enemy, reclessly blocking pathways and overtaking friendly mechs without whatching the friendlys LOS can cause you lost play time.
And with premium time running or an event that is able to award MC this playtime is bare money.

Loosing bare money because some guys get overexcited, greedy or misstake this game for stockcar racing is not acceptable.

What should we do to get rid of such misfits.

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:43 PM

Play around them? Pick another target and move on.

#3 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:45 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 18 March 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Nothing's stopping you from suggesting how that could be possible...

#4 thehiddenedge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

Eh, I'll admit they can be annoying, but the people who shoot through you to get at the enemy are much worse in my opinion. Especially the people who refuse to pull away when they do see you and do a full burn into your back.

Yeah, you should always try to stay out of your teammates LOS, but in the heat of the moment it's much harder to know what they are shooting at when you can't see them behind you, than it is to simply move around a teammate blocking your shot.

Edited by thehiddenedge, 18 March 2016 - 04:57 PM.

#5 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

Yep

#6 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

I absolutely agree. People who block MY path and don't positon themselves according to what I want are inconsiderate griefing jerks that deserve a PERMANENT BAN for inconvienencing ME!

#7 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:39 PM

HOW DARE THEY NOT SEE ME BEHIND THEM WHILE FIGHTING FOR THEIR LIVES! I DEMAND JUSTICE!

Seriously though, if people do it deliberately they risk being backstabbed to death every match, while you only meet them occasionally. If it annoys you that much just take some lurms and shoot over them.

#8 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:42 PM

Oh, I thought this was about when I use my Commando to block dire wolves from getting back into cover, letting my teammates kill it as it stands in the open.

#9 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:46 PM

Bad players are bad?

If there's that last minute killing spree at the end, just let it go.

On the other hand, you have to work around the guy. If this player is in your unit, then you have to find a way to tell this person.

For the most part... let the blocker die. Usually the blocker is the first thing the firing line sees on Terra Therma. Can't save stupidity.

#10 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:57 PM

OP should chill. A kill in MWO is like $10k C-Bill of virtual money. Why get so worked up about it?

Also, a lot of players get so excited they get tunnel visions. I've seen plenty of pilots with medium to long distance weapons just ram into their target repeatedly while blocking team mate's shot not because they want to hog the kill but because in the heat of the moment, they forget their fingers are on the W key.

I just imagine a 14 year old screaming war cries in his bedroom while mashing all the keys whenever I see it.

#11 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:59 PM

He is saying those that intentionally block I assume and that would be by definition mean they are greifing.

Edited by Johnny Z, 18 March 2016 - 06:25 PM.

#12 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

Just switch targets and let them die, remember they are blocking that enemy from firing on you - so consider it free idiot armor that allows you to shoot at something else while he sets up a kill for you.

#13 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:21 PM

blockers are not greifers

you are extremely rude for suggesting so
you have given absolutely zero thought or consideration to the 23 other people experiencing the match with you
23 other people who just like you are trying to get the most out of their experience

but worst of all you have assumed that everyone else is trying to prevent you from getting the most out of your premium time
and that is straight up offensive

im sure it can happen that another player walks in front of your fat slow direwolf to block you can secure a kill for them selves
but you have not even considered the plethora of other things that can be going on in this situation

like the player who lost all his weapons and is charging head first at the enemy to distract and soak as much damage for YOU as possible so you might kill the enemy and win the day

or the player who saw you taking fire and saw your lower heath that himself and stepped in front to sheild you

or the player that is moving with the group and playing with the team who changed position to avoid shooting a team mate

the player next to you that had a clear shot until you moved in front of him who moves forward to correct his own fire line

the guy who just downloaded the game hardly knows what the hell is even going on but has figured out red is bad guy so go at bad guy to make bad guy dead guy and is make me good comrade yay

even the players who are blind with blood lust and always drive at ramming speed directly towards every target they can see is not greifing you
(there is a lot of these guys)
they are not doing these things to short you
they are not out to get you
their objective is not to waste your money or upset you

they all just want to kill the enemy and help their team win
and here you are hating on them

#14 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:31 PM

What the topic says.

Before the penalty system players who where obviously shielding an enemy from fire of their own team to get the kill where just one of the lesser annoyances in game, especially during events.

People standing too close to the enemy, reclessly blocking pathways and overtaking friendly mechs without whatching the friendlys LOS can cause you lost play time.
And with premium time running or an event that is able to award MC this playtime is bare money.

Loosing bare money because some guys get overexcited, greedy or misstake this game for stockcar racing is not acceptable.

I agree and any blockers get alpha'd in the back!

#15 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:42 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 18 March 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

I agree and any blockers get alpha'd in the back!

And then you get temp banned

#16 Alardus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 399 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:48 PM

What the topic says.

Ha. You're feeling the negative effects of trying to strongarm people. CS:GO did this. Now PGI has.

#17 Alardus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 399 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:51 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 18 March 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

Oh, I thought this was about when I use my Commando to block dire wolves from getting back into cover, letting my teammates kill it as it stands in the open.

What about using your commando to block your own teams dire wolf from getting back into cover? Posted Image

#18 Malachy Karrde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:05 PM

ill take a temp ban if I need to shoot someone who is an idiot. I don't use premium time unless I win it and I have plenty of other things that can occupy my time. The new penalties are a minor nuisance at best. If someone needs to take a massive dose of friendly fire, stupid penalties aren't going to save them:)

#19 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:18 PM

Gonna try running 1 pt of back armor and see what happens - this is semi sarcasm

I played a match last night and had 11pts of friendly damage with 1 tk. This was a long domination match and went I went to log in it said I had to wait another 1-15secs. This was after I got back in the mech lab and hit the Cue button. I think I hit somebody's last leg or a red "whatever" at the end of the match. It was not an inconvenience at all. I will use a bit more caution with the one strike.

If everybody needs to start being a bit more cautious this is not a bad thing. It is like being pulled over for going 3-4 miles over the speed limit when trying to pass. You may get a fine, but the police on that road are making folks mind their manners.

#20 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:27 PM

Drop artillery on them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users