New Quickplay Mode Proposal

28 replies to this topic

Poll: poll (26 member(s) have cast votes)

yes or no?

1. i like this (6 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. i do not like this (20 votes [76.92%])

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:14 AM

yes mwo requires rebalancing since the clans were introduced
restructuring also, decisions were made by igp, now look what pgi on their own have accomplished, it is an ongoing process, but you still need to reevaluate how the past and new things go together, if it is enough to just pour out content into the existing environment (which probably makes more money) or take what we have, rethink why it is like it is and make steps to make the system more adaptable, transparent, scalable, cut some dependencies so you have individual blocks that can be balanced on their own and then mixed and matched for a much grander experience (which is also easily understandable by players)
new vehicles? new weapons? new gamemodes? different number of players in match?
all things in this game share one thing, tonnage, that is why i would make it a basic resource for everything, for balancing weapons, for balancing mechs, for balancing matches, for game mode mechanics
  • first step i suggested was to balance the weapons ( + remove quirks, remove ghost heat, double structure, 30 heatcap, clans customizable) and mechs here http://mwomercs.com/...gi-please-read/ based on performance for tonnage, that is one independent block, please read it if you think it is impossible
  • another block is to have balanced matches, using the tonnage as common balanced resource:
  • in group queue it often happens that one team has huge tonnage advantage (or just does not fit the game mode), with 120 tons per player both teams are equal, you cannot blame the matchmaker
  • or also if you prefer to run a specific mech class, you can do so without needing the crazy quirks to be able to contribute as you will be able to use more mechs for the tonnage
it is not a trivial task, game modes would need to be adjusted (easiest for conquest, skirmish should be removed entirely imo as team deathmatch is the reason people go for one trick ponies instead of consistent builds (which also is more with the stock loadouts and purpose of mechs as versatile machines idea)), but with small and clear steps it is possible

Edited by happy mech, 23 March 2016 - 10:15 AM.

#22 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:25 AM

edited the OP with examples of the game modes

#23 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:01 AM

problem is happy is that until russ and his fellows get over their butt hurt anger over being forced into having the Clans in their game and doing their best to screw over the clan player base there can be no real way to balance the game and if they cannot get over it then they should be removed from the balancing and allow someone else to come in that have no beef over the clans.

though new game modes that are not heavily made for light/fast medium mechs then sure lets look at new ones.

Edited by VinJade, 24 April 2016 - 09:02 AM.

#24 The14th

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:14 PM

View PostVinJade, on 24 April 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

problem is happy is that until russ and his fellows get over their butt hurt anger over being forced into having the Clans in their game and doing their best to screw over the clan player base there can be no real way to balance the game and if they cannot get over it then they should be removed from the balancing and allow someone else to come in that have no beef over the clans.

though new game modes that are not heavily made for light/fast medium mechs then sure lets look at new ones.

What doe they do to Clan mechs that is so bad? Aside from not making them implicitly superior like TT.

@OP: I agree with your critics that your game mode proposal is unfeasible and favors janky alpha glass-cannons over anything with something approaching staying power. Especially with the idea of doubling structure, which actively encourages people to dump armor tonnage into the engine and attempt to just speed tank (and roll heavy alpha with your removal of ghost heat, hello quad erppcs & srm deathrain).

#25 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:56 PM

If you don't have a clue what we are all talking about when it comes to Russ and them screwing the clan players by now or even just by looking at most of their mechs & weapon systems then you will not be able to see it even if we displayed it on an elephant class Dropship.

#26 The14th

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

View PostVinJade, on 24 April 2016 - 10:56 PM, said:

If you don't have a clue what we are all talking about when it comes to Russ and them screwing the clan players by now or even just by looking at most of their mechs & weapon systems then you will not be able to see it even if we displayed it on an elephant class Dropship.

Lol, nice cop out. You seriously can't offer anything other than I'm too stupid to get it?

#27 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:57 AM

just look at most of the other threads that I am in where I go into detail for them, I am sure Happy and the others are tired of me posting the same information that can be seen by anyone and everyone just by looking at the game and the very fact he had stated he hated the clans(dee explained that).

and you can see this evident just by looking at almost all of the clan omnis which ether have very few quirks, none or neg ones. the Timber Wolf & Dire Wolf comes to mind.

any more than that go look up my other replies in different post.

Edited by VinJade, 25 April 2016 - 09:57 AM.

#28 The14th

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:16 PM

View PostVinJade, on 25 April 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

just look at most of the other threads that I am in where I go into detail for them, I am sure Happy and the others are tired of me posting the same information that can be seen by anyone and everyone just by looking at the game and the very fact he had stated he hated the clans(dee explained that).

and you can see this evident just by looking at almost all of the clan omnis which ether have very few quirks, none or neg ones. the Timber Wolf & Dire Wolf comes to mind.

any more than that go look up my other replies in different post.

So because they have no quirks they are inferior? I hope you have some math somewhere and not just bad-feels that you don't have a wall of quirk text in your mechs.

#29 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:19 PM

I pilot a Stalker, not a clan mech.
though I do find it funny how you are defending Russ as if you are his knight in digital armor.
I have stated only the bare bones, others in the past had covered it far better than I, want to know more then look it up yourself.
and as I said before Russ has a huge chip on his shoulder where the Clans are concerned and you can tell by how he has handled the Clan machines.

now let me ask you this what other IS mech has so many negative quirks on a single unit that can compare to the Clan Timber Wolf & Dire Wolf?

What other IS assault has a negative quirk for armor like the Dire Wolf does?

Just by looking at the Clan tech and compared to the IS mechs and you will clearly see what I and others have seen.

But you are ether to blind to see it or you just don't want to see it because of you being a champing of Russ.

Remember Russ himself said he hated Clans which Dee has confirmed.

Annnnnnny ways back to the topic at hand;
Need modes should bring in some interesting things if done correctly.

So you cannot say that his feels on the clans does not taint his actions to them as he is as biased as they come.

Edited by VinJade, 25 April 2016 - 08:25 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users