512 replies to this topic

#501 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

I'm a mech-head, I'll keep playing MWO until there is a better mechwarrior/battletech alternative. I prefer the game to be more sim-like than modern FPS-like, that is a HUGE part of what distinguishes it from other FPS games, while FPS games have a huge market, I'm willing to bet most FPS players are not entirely loyal to one genre or one game and move on the next popular FPS as soon as it's out.

That said, I have said before I will not spend another dime until Community warfare comes out. Now being a mech-head, I am very tempted to break my promise with the Project phoenix sale. If it went until after community warfare comes out, then I'd definitely reward PGI with more cash. But I think it is safe to say, there will be other bundles and sales to provide opportunities to infuse PGI with cash. Let us see community warfare before I contribute with more cash. That is my only leverage. I hope that if enough others feel the same way, then voting with our wallets will get community warfare out sooner than later.

Hey, it is still beta right? no one expects it to be perfect.... (sarcasm)

Edited by 7ynx, 27 June 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#502 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

The Shadow Hawk is tempting, but I really want to know what the OTHER SH variants will be. With the most recent CW delay, I do not think this is the best time to start selling things that include CW bonuses (loyalty). Unless a FUNCTIONAL AND ENGAGING version of CW is right around the corner, this is just a money grab. And notice I said functional AND engaging. If the version only has barebones features, I will not really count that as a 'win' for PGI. I want CW to mean something, not just give us a minimap to fight the same pointless matches over.

#503 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostSavageson, on 25 June 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

I just cant believe that I've been involved in this game this long. Watching almost everything they have ever said about it getting delayed, changed or nearly just lied about.

heh...is nearly lied like being a little bit pregnant? :rolleyes:

I do not think that PGI lied about anything, but the design has evolved and timelines delayed, so please do not mix truths with falsehoods, it only serves to undermine your own credibility as a human being.

Edited by 7ynx, 27 June 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#504 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

It seems to me that this thread has become the "rag on PGI thread" and isn't really discussing the core concept of Community Warfare.

If you could please refrain from using this thread to generally complain about the pace of game development, and focus on using it to actually discuss Community Warfare, it would be much appreciated.

Seeing that the Project Phoenix Special Mechs are getting 10% Loyalty Point boosts, that's a pretty clear indication that Community Warfare is not a lie. They can't release the interactive maps and Faction stuff yet until the new User Interface is up and running, since that contains all the menus needed to make the Social stuff function. So, the User-interactive functional elements of Community Warfare are kind of tied to the development of UI 2.0

If you'd like to talk about disconnects or bugs, then you might want to visit the Patch Feedback and Support forums, and if you want to discuss Gameplay-specific details, then there are several Discussion forums in the MW:O Universe sections that can serve that purpose. The ComStar Focus Group has dedicated feedback threads for many hot topics, including Community Warfare topics.

#505 Stalephreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 295 posts
  • LocationStillwater, OK

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 28 June 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

It seems to me that this thread has become the "rag on PGI thread" and isn't really discussing the core concept of Community Warfare.

If you could please refrain from using this thread to generally complain about the pace of game development, and focus on using it to actually discuss Community Warfare, it would be much appreciated.

Well, The discussion seems to be that the community no longer believes the devs. As a business, I would find that worrying... I admire your loyalty to your overlords, but you've got to look at all the pushbacks and scratch your head a bit. Just like fishing, we can see the bait on the hook. Most of us have been yanked a bit, so we're starting to see the bait as, well, BAIT. I'm hoping community warfare is finally going to pop in soon, because most of the organized groups have started to leave the game entirely. Trying to play 8s is a joke, which shows me that there's now a growing lack of interest. I invested in this game almost a year ago, and as an investor, I don't see where my criticisms are uncalled for. Every investor expects, sometimes irrationally, a return on investment. Speaking of which, I've hit "post" a half dozen times...Still cycles me back to the quick reply. Another reason to disbelieve. Oh wait, whole site went down...That makes it all better.

#506 sgt scout

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Dev blog - 1, how good could of this game been back than ? Back when i was buying new years cockpit items and christmass bobble heads, back when i would put £50 on mc to buy junk JUST so i could support the game. This is the first free to play game i have spent any money on and i have learnt a valuable lesson.

Ive played dota 2 for around 2 years and have spent nothing, think i will put a meesly £10 on the new spectre skin to show a litle support to a VERY comunity driven game. I will not spend a dime on this until i see the millions they have already got spent on something other than new skins (hero mechs) that we must pay a rediculous price for.

#507 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

What I want to see out of CW is:

Not just a pervasive timeline where each victory adds to a faction’s resources and power but a storyline where our battles take place with a backdrop in the BTU. Some battles are actually more important than others where perhaps one faction is about to lose an entire system to another so the two factions have to battle for it by, say, pgi allowing the outcomes of the next 96 hours of faction battles to determine the dominance of the system.

Not just factions, mercorps, and lone wolves but player factions where a player-built unit can fly under its own flag fighting for a faction in game. Such as the 21st Davion Guard being a recognized player-built unit fighting for the Suns.

I want to see merit recognition for each player, each unit, each faction. Such as ribbons for number of battles, medals for certain campaigns, and other citations and recognition for events and important battles.

Solaris

A way to drop in to a duel mode with observes so that clans or anyone can have circles of equals, trials, and duels with an extended time limit.. like 45 minutes for several matches.

Of course, a lobby for all players, sub lobbies for teams to meet and launch from.

#508 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 28 June 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

What I want to see out of CW is:

Not just a pervasive timeline where each victory adds to a faction’s resources and power but a storyline where our battles take place with a backdrop in the BTU. Some battles are actually more important than others where perhaps one faction is about to lose an entire system to another so the two factions have to battle for it by, say, pgi allowing the outcomes of the next 96 hours of faction battles to determine the dominance of the system.

Not just factions, mercorps, and lone wolves but player factions where a player-built unit can fly under its own flag fighting for a faction in game. Such as the 21st Davion Guard being a recognized player-built unit fighting for the Suns.

I want to see merit recognition for each player, each unit, each faction. Such as ribbons for number of battles, medals for certain campaigns, and other citations and recognition for events and important battles.

Solaris

A way to drop in to a duel mode with observes so that clans or anyone can have circles of equals, trials, and duels with an extended time limit.. like 45 minutes for several matches.

Of course, a lobby for all players, sub lobbies for teams to meet and launch from.

Well, I think you pretty-much nailed it...

About player-driven stuff: Merc Corps are being developed as player-driven organizations that chooses what faction they fight for based on what contracts they personally choose to accept. The Mercenary Metagame is entirely player-driven where we create our own Companies (referred to as Merc Corps), chose a contract to accept from a House that wants one of their neighbor's planets for themselves, and fight the local defenders at a scheduled time (based on when the battle is scheduled in the contract that you bid on).

There will be ranking within the Factions, and there will be the ability to have some kind of organization within the Factions, too. Loyalty Points will be useful for everyone who wants to stay "loyal" to one particular faction, be you a merc or a Faction Fighter, because more loyalty will give you access to more bonuses and rewards (discounts on Faction-specific Mech Variants and locally made weapons, and other things). We haven't heard too many details about it, though, but the Ask the Devs 41 Answers released today indicate that some major CW information is being prepared for release in the nearish future.

The Developers would love to add Solaris and I have talked to many of them about it. They have to launch the main Game Campaign first, though :D . As time passes, they will add new stuff like a Solaris Environment, because they and we all think it would be awesome.

I am not angry at PGI for delaying things as they work on the game, because there is much to work on and much to "discover" along the way. Ask Karl, he can give you a technical write-up about it :D
_________________________________________________________________________________________

They will be closing this subsection of the forums soon (Archiving it all, but not deleting it). As the game and website matured over time, the Developers and Publishers have changed the format in which things are presented; hence we have the Command Chair function and the Ask the Devs sessions. The Devs will continue to be presenting their visions for the game in the Command Chair, though, so closing these old Dev Blogs to further replies won't really stem any information flow to or from the Developers.

In order to continue discussing these aspects of the game, it's probably a good idea to start finding other areas of the forums that pertain to the content of the Dev Blog you were interested in commenting on. Instead of commenting on the actual blog, however, it's time to move onto more current game development threads in areas of the forums with more traffic such as sections in the MechWarrior: Online Universe forum subsections. in particular, you'll find a repository of feedback threads in the ComStar Focus Group that may be great places to discuss some of the features that were being discussed in the Command Chair threads.

Peace to the old Dev Blogs - they really got me excited for this game beck before there even was a game to play, and I am still excited by what's left to come :wub:

#509 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

PP, what was the deadline or expected ETA for UI 2.0??

#510 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 28 June 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

PP, what was the deadline or expected ETA for UI 2.0??

This summer... I don't know anything, really, as Forum Moderators don't have any kind of special access to company information. I have no inside knowledge, outside knowledge, or generally enough general knowledge... :D

#511 Teferi

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSilver City, NM

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 28 June 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Seeing that the Project Phoenix Special Mechs are getting 10% Loyalty Point boosts, that's a pretty clear indication that Community Warfare is not a lie. They can't release the interactive maps and Faction stuff yet until the new User Interface is up and running, since that contains all the menus needed to make the Social stuff function. So, the User-interactive functional elements of Community Warfare are kind of tied to the development of UI 2.0

You said that 10% Loyalty Point Boots is a pretty clear indication that CW (Community Warfare) is not a lie but that also not the truth ether. PGI has said many things in the past but have not shown us a pic, vid, anything were it came to CW. The fact is all PGI as done for CW is talk and we all know that talk is something that no one likes to buy.

Using the UI 2.0 has something that is the hole up for CW is just sad. Giving the fact PGI has been working the new UI at or before October (http://mwomercs.com/...e-improvements/) and shown us pics of it in May (http://mwomercs.com/...c/117053-ui-20/) meaning that eight months between the two post. It also mean that they have been or should have been working on CW for that time or longer sense it is a big part of the game. So when I said they need something by July for CW that was for their good not mine.

#512 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostXajorkith, on 10 June 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure PGI/Piranah is working to a schedule. (You are, aren't you?) CW implementation would, at a guess, be at the end of a long line up of game engine fixes, balances, extra features, fine tuning and once there's enough assets in place.

And every one of their scheduled major timelines (CW, the Clans) of that working schedule has been missed. Better to not pin oneself down to a hard deadline, and don't lie - we have had loads of both thrown at us. They overloaded their posterior and Forum posters and players are quick to remind them. They took money intended to pay for development and it seems like they have been hampered somehow.

Conspiracy theories?

#513 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 30 June 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

Conspiracy theories?

Yes, there are many. The biggest conspiracy theory is that Community Warfare is not actually real, and that PGI created a Beta of a game just so they can collect Founder's money and dissolve the project. I have chatted with individuals who said they they would respect PGI much more than they currently do if PGI would come forward and admit that Community Warfare was a lie. Yes, they said that they would "respect PGI more" because they actually subscribed to this conspiracy. This was a fairly well-circulated conspiracy here on the forums, and little-to-none of its proponents are willing to apologize or back-down from their stance. They currently cite the lack of UI 2.0 as "evidence" that PGI is doing nothing to progress the game.

Bryan Ekman said that the game's Launch is tied to the release of a mostly-functional Community Warfare campaign, as that social infrastructure is intended to contribute very strongly to the game's replay value. So, I guess all we can do is wait for this Summer, keep leveling our Mechs up in preparation for the MetaGame, and enjoy the carnage when it officially Launches :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users