- - - - -

Recruitment After Cw Phase 3

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Lysander

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:04 AM

From what I've heard once CW Movies into Phase 3 on April 19 PGI will implement rules encouraging Units to size down or Split up. Won't this lead to Units thinking twice before they accept less accomplished Players and rather focus on solely recruiting skilled and Well equiped players which directly benefit them in CW? Or just put all new recruits into separate Units which stand no chance in the then new CW Groupqueue.
Whats consensus among unit leaders on how this will affect their recruiting?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:34 AM

Sorry, but if you want the reactions of unit leaders this is probably the wrong place to ask, the CW forums would be a better place to ask.

In my opinion this may cause some of the largest unit to have to be a bit more selective when it comes to recruitment, as a senior officer in a large unit I have heard nothing about any change of plans regarding recruitment, the Praetorian Legion will likely continue taking new and less skilled players and helping them improve.

#3 Nerdboard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:19 AM

Obviously I can not speak for other units but I am quite sure you will find still enough - also larger - units which are not recruiting based on personal skill. Many people just group up in units to have someone to regularly play with and to get some social interaction while playing.
Here activity and how well you fit in play a major role. As for the really huge units my guess is that - if recruitment penalties are quite severe - they will split up in smaller groups oriented by competitiveness, timezone etc. Since you can still organize all the smaller units on the same teamspeak and forums I dont expect any major changes in recruitment behaviour.

But as Jedi said, you might not get much response from unit leaders here.

#4 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:04 PM

I have a feeling that this idea will crash and burn...many larger units have many members spread across many time zones. And this allows for them to play together as a unit.

Forcing a cut to the size will mean less active players of that unit on at that time!

This is then a death kneel between the always on players and casual ones. As the always on need the casuals to be on to form that 12 man FW drop team...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users