Atlas As7 Build

20 replies to this topic

#1 armin1928

Rookie

• Trinary Star Captain
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:56 AM

Not sure if there was need to make new topic because we already got it but ok...
I bought D - version so far and tried few things. I also have S version but IMO -D is better because 4 Missile slots on Atlas are useless. I need your opinions about my build. If you would change something, what would it be? Btw I am not sure if Heat Efficiency is correct.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...deefc2c851c3d3d

I also have few modules.

ERL Large Laser range increase +8% ( Which is bit useless. I unlocked that long time ago)
ERL Large Laser cooldown time -12%
Advanced 4x zoom
Radar Deprivation... and some other consumables...

Ooh and yeah... My mech is Master. The only skill I haven't unlocked yet is the last one.

Thanks

Edited by armin1928, 20 March 2016 - 11:59 AM.

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:01 PM

You are very wrong about the S, it is widely considered the best Atlas at the moment.

#3 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:49 PM

Question- Agree that the S is the most powerful but the D-DC has a 68+ Alpha with ECM. That's good damage. Don't you think that considering how slow the Atlas is, unable to quickly retreat, vulnerable to missiles etc. that ECM rounds it out it better?

#4 armin1928

Rookie

• Trinary Star Captain
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:48 AM

4 slots isn't like literally useless but shaman is too slow for srm6. I am sure it's good in close duels but still range is too short and srm6 it's too spread. And it's not good to be a LRM boat too.

#5 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:10 AM

View Postarmin1928, on 20 March 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

Not sure if there was need to make new topic because we already got it but ok...
I bought D - version so far and tried few things. I also have S version but IMO -D is better because 4 Missile slots on Atlas are useless. I need your opinions about my build. If you would change something, what would it be? Btw I am not sure if Heat Efficiency is correct.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...deefc2c851c3d3d

I also have few modules.

ERL Large Laser range increase +8% ( Which is bit useless. I unlocked that long time ago)
ERL Large Laser cooldown time -12%
Advanced 4x zoom
Radar Deprivation... and some other consumables...

Ooh and yeah... My mech is Master. The only skill I haven't unlocked yet is the last one.

Thanks

I am not exactly sure I understand this... But I dont think your atlas needs Er larges "and" LRMs. If I was to change some things... I would personally swap to large pulse and SRM6s with arti and maybe an ac20? I would probably also swap the advanced zoom for a seizmic sensor. But I am not a fan of the AS7-D... So i dont actually know how to configure it. D-DC or S... I prefer those platforms.

If i was to pick a platform for er-larges on an atlas, i would probably go with the boars head? Thats a pretty big IF because i wouldnt do it since i wouldnt pick an atlas for looooooong range support, since there are other assaults that probably boat lasers better.

#6 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:57 PM

First let me say that I've had some of my best games of all time in the -S variant and the -D-DC variant. With that out of the way, I've been wanting to try out the -D for quite a while. The new -25% crit chance reduction intrigues me, but what I really want to play with are the dual ballistic slots. Yes, the -D-DC has them as well, but I specifically welded that A/C 20 onto the frame so...

With the two hardpoints in that RT, you can fit two LBX-10s or 2 AC-5s/UAC-5s. I'd probably go for the UACs. Then you have to decide whether to go big with your lasers. They are just as good up close as they are at mid range. I'd toss a couple SRM-6s with artemis on there, and see where I'm at for Medium Lasers.

I'm at work so I can't really play around with smurfys to post a build.

Edit: also, with the -S, you can load 4 SRM-4's on there with Artemis for the same tonnage as 6s. It doesn't sync up as well with an A/C20, but the spread will be much much tighter.

Edited by Boulangerie, 21 March 2016 - 12:59 PM.

#7 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:00 AM

I would either run super stock 4x mlas + AC-20 and a lurm option or 2x UAC plus two or three large lasers with no missiles.

Edited by Spheroid, 22 March 2016 - 01:01 AM.

#8 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:56 AM

1000 damage AS7-S says hi.

There are 2 things you never put on an Atlas, an XL engine, and LRMs.

And the Atlas has 2 jobs. 1: Tank for the team. 2: scare the living daylights out of whatever sees you. There are very little things that scare people as much as an Atlas that doesn't retreat, and smash faces in with repeatedly with 70 pt alphas.

#9 armin1928

Rookie

• Trinary Star Captain
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:24 AM

I have replaced LRM WITH SRM 12. (2x SRM 6 with artemis.) And I replaced 2 medium lasers with 1 LPL. I tried with AC20 but still not sure. If my enemy is within 250 meters he is dead. AC 20 is just great for alpha strike. Even though it doesn't produce much heat I still have bonus cooldown. 10% I think... Still not sure... 2UAC5 or AC 20?

Edited by armin1928, 22 March 2016 - 03:24 AM.

#10 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:05 AM

You really don't do long range Atlases. Well, you CAN but it's not ideal because mechs with higher mounts will hill hump and out-trade that Atlas all day from range. Unless your idea of range is stand on top of a hill exposed to all kinds of enemy fire.

Atlas works best as a brawler, which is why -S is the best Atlas since it blows away enemies with 2 or 3 salvos. Brawler Atlas is not easy to play for new players but it's the best option.

Video link to how you should play the brawler -S

#11 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:33 AM

I still prefer my AS7-D-DC to my AS7-S, mainly because it has ECM and I've been playing it since 2012. Nothing is as terrifying as an Atlas 'suprizeBUTTSECHZ' or "suddenly...ATLAS". I remember doing tunnel pushes in Frozen City with 2 other D-DCs and a Stalker and utterly annihilating the enemy. One was a good enough sport to put in general chat something like,"I'd like to lodge a complaint - I am disappointed my arse ****** was done by only 3 Atlases instead of 4" or some such. Those were the days...

#12 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:14 PM

70 point ALPHA? Too low. AS-7S(L), 4 srm6a, 1 ac20, 2 med las or med pulse. Ams with some ammo. Std 330 ish. 80+ alpha. Get in there and wreck face. The other team WILL HAVE to deal with you, or die. If they succeed you die taking one for the team, if they fail you wreck face. 5 alphas is 400 pts of damage. Not too hard plus a few Ac 20 rds. Its not too hard to pull your weight.

#13 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:16 PM

Yes, the S wrecks....but ECM give the slow assault longevity....with respectable damage.

#14 Infinite Freedom

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:43 PM

This is the build I'm currently running. I view the Atlas as a brawler, so I tried to make it out as one. The LRMs are just there so I can potentially get some assists on targets I can't get at and for those times I'm on Polar Highlands.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5c55be411d6e4cc

Edited by Infinite Freedom, 26 March 2016 - 01:43 PM.

#15 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:43 AM

View PostLemming of the BDA, on 24 March 2016 - 11:14 PM, said:

70 point ALPHA? Too low. AS-7S(L), 4 srm6a, 1 ac20, 2 med las or med pulse. Ams with some ammo. Std 330 ish. 80+ alpha. Get in there and wreck face. The other team WILL HAVE to deal with you, or die. If they succeed you die taking one for the team, if they fail you wreck face. 5 alphas is 400 pts of damage. Not too hard plus a few Ac 20 rds. Its not too hard to pull your weight.

That build has too much heat. The SRM4s+Artemis even without a CD5 Module make for more sustained DPS after the first alpha. You won't be able to alpha 5 times in a row in that build. You'll be able to alpha maybe twice without popping a CS, definitely shutting down on a third alpha. I can alpha three times without having to pop a CS, plus I'm putting out the damage quicker. Especially in assaults, it's about being able to sustain damage while tanking, not just going out and shooting your load two or three times then dying.

#16 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:49 AM

I tend to shy away from the meta a little bit on this one: I like to move at 60kph+ in my 100-tonners (KGC and Atlas - I don't have any Clan mechs, which can't switch engines anyways). I've found being a little more mobile, a little more able to keep up with the team, a little quicker on the torso twist, all keep me alive longer than a giant alpha.

Probably just my play-style, though.

#17 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:12 PM

View PostInfinite Freedom, on 26 March 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

This is the build I'm currently running. I view the Atlas as a brawler, so I tried to make it out as one. The LRMs are just there so I can potentially get some assists on targets I can't get at and for those times I'm on Polar Highlands.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5c55be411d6e4cc

I keep going back to my RS too. I can never use up the tonnage well with a 300std. I should buy a 325 for it. You'd honestly be better off with two lrm 5 than a 20. Faster cooldown and more missiles will hit CT. You could also do a 10 and upgrade some lasers. I've had some success with 2 LPL on one of the arms. Put it on the right and you risk losing everything with your RT, or left side and your stuff is safe in case you lose a torso.

#18 Infinite Freedom

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:59 PM

View PostBoulangerie, on 28 March 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

I keep going back to my RS too. I can never use up the tonnage well with a 300std. I should buy a 325 for it. You'd honestly be better off with two lrm 5 than a 20. Faster cooldown and more missiles will hit CT. You could also do a 10 and upgrade some lasers. I've had some success with 2 LPL on one of the arms. Put it on the right and you risk losing everything with your RT, or left side and your stuff is safe in case you lose a torso.

The LRM20 has served me well, as I'm not particularly caring how many hit as long as some hit. And if they all hit, then gravy.

LPLs were actually part of the first build I tried, but I found I prefer MPLs.

Edited by Infinite Freedom, 03 April 2016 - 10:18 AM.

#19 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:31 AM

So, what's the peoples' verdict re: D-DC with ECM vs. "S" with extra firepower?
Some (defensive) balance vs. more damage.

#20 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:58 PM

View PostChill Bill, on 01 April 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

So, what's the peoples' verdict re: D-DC with ECM vs. "S" with extra firepower?
Some (defensive) balance vs. more damage.

Same question....Might the ECM protection and less heat make the D-DC more user friendly? Same damage as Steinkrieg's "S" but with ECM.

Edited by Odd Thomas, 17 April 2016 - 10:54 AM.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users