#181 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:53 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 November 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

I would guess that it will also depend on how many people reported you. If 1 guy did, everyone you played with probably seemed okay with it so no harm done. If 23 people did, they're probably going to slap you down.

Because it's a team game and you're playing with 23 other customers and the expectation that nobody is going to waste everyone elses time to pad their stats is there.

And therein lies the problem. If 23 ADHD schmucks decided to report you even if you were trying to win but ultimatey failed, you can get screwed.

Edited by Mystere, 03 November 2017 - 02:54 PM.

#182 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:55 PM

View PostMystere, on 03 November 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

And therein lies the problem. If 23 schmucks decided to report you even if you were trying to win but ultimatey failed, you can get screwed.

I mean, to be sort of fair, if 23 out of 23 possible people are reporting you consistently for your actions, then there is a decent amount of merit to the thought you might be doing something "wrong".

#183 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

View PostMystere, on 03 November 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

And therein lies the problem. If 23 ADHD schmucks decided to report you even if you were trying to win but ultimatey failed, you can get screwed.

So it's also possible that all 23 people are actually alts of PGI employees. Or all 23 people are secret AIs created by aliens.

You could make a long list of absurdities about who the other players are. In reality, it's 23 other players who are unlikely to be playing their first 100 matches in MWO and probably have a reasonable idea of what is and is not trying to run down the clock to save KDR/pad score.

#184 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:20 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 03 November 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

I mean, to be sort of fair, if 23 out of 23 possible people are reporting you consistently for your actions, then there is a decent amount of merit to the thought you might be doing something "wrong".

Not if that "something wrong" is too many ADHD schmucks playing this game. <shrugs>

I can no longer count how many times I've seen chat get flooded with "Go die already or we will report you!" while the last person on one team tries to continue playing.

Edited by Mystere, 04 November 2017 - 04:49 AM.

#185 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:10 AM

OK but what are you playing? A team game or the most subtle way of annoying 23 randoms that you can? If its the former, just perhaps you should consider your team, if its the latter, keep at it hard, it seems to be working.

#186 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:28 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 04 November 2017 - 05:10 AM, said:

OK but what are you playing? A team game or the most subtle way of annoying 23 randoms that you can? If its the former, just perhaps you should consider your team, if its the latter, keep at it hard, it seems to be working.

When your 11 team mates are all dead, the so-called "team game" is now transformed into something else. Posted Image

This ain't basketball or football, where nobody dies or is removed from the game (unless they punch somebody or get shot/stabbed by someone else, of course Posted Image).

#187 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:38 AM

There has been players that have been notorious for doing this sort of thing, and have been repeatedly banned as a result.

It is doubtful doing it just once or twice will result in anything more than a warning, but doing it all the time? Bans are likely.

#188 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 543 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:41 AM

Some players are just too quick to hit the report button for any reason. I’ve seen many times a player calling for everyone to report the last mech “Report player x for afk!” while the afk in question has a 0 ping and never even connected in the first place lol.

#189 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:51 AM

View PostMystere, on 04 November 2017 - 05:28 AM, said:

When your 11 team mates are all dead, the so-called "team game" is now transformed into something else. Posted Image

This ain't basketball or football, where nobody dies or is removed from the game (unless they punch somebody or get shot/stabbed by someone else, of course Posted Image).

The way I approach QP has changed substantially over time, I just can't bring myself to trust others to do things, unless I am witnessing them doing it. But this doesn't mean I just give up on the other 11 players before the game even begins by choosing a rambo only build. Nor does it mean I won't act on team actions, I play extremely selfishly at times, for the sake of maximising my output for the team (and my own score too I guess), but that doesn't mean I won't push with them, or that I won't take damage for them, and I won't abandon them to die if I can help it.

I can see the merit in how you are trying to maximise your output for the team also, and that makes sense to do, my choice of loadouts, generally puts me with the team, and makes them most advantaged when I protect them or push with them. Unfortunately an ERLL raven type sniper is mostly just a rambo build, it really needs noones "help" to do its task, and the main way others help it, is by doing their task well completely removed from you.

View Postocular tb, on 04 November 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

Some players are just too quick to hit the report button for any reason. I’ve seen many times a player calling for everyone to report the last mech “Report player x for afk!” while the afk in question has a 0 ping and never even connected in the first place lol.

Yeah I don't often report, and dying isn't necessarily a bad thing in my eyes, particularly if I my death means the death of 3+ enemies, so I guess I just don't get triggered in that same way. Though I do however, quite often take the time to type out why things went pearshaped and it often involves railing on lazy/cautious folks.

#190 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:53 AM

View PostMARSAS, on 21 March 2016 - 02:23 AM, said:

hi all, today was left alone from all team , enemy had about 8 mechs left , it was on grim map and i was using raven l with ecm, was runing aroud hiding and shooting enemy trying to hit damaged mechs , enemy was starting to complain that im not participating in game and said they gona report me.

so my question is - if you left last man standing you should just scream "banzai" ant atack them straight into face?, people seems to love stupid meatgrinding in the midle of map but if you use tacticks and strategy then they start crying that you waist they time .
what your opinion on that?

p.s. was playing mwll on weekend , thats the game and comunity to learn from if we want real mech simulator.
( had some matches before when i was in raven l and alone and managed to kill the rest of team and brought victory to my team so whats wrong with people these days? i understand if one man complaining but when all team crying they gona report you for not dieing easy - thats just crazy or mabe they have special club for special people i was lucky to find them )

Fight in such a way that you can inflict maximum damage to the enemy, irregardless of how long you need for that .
That being said, you could´ve played your match differently : stick with your guys from the start (your ERLL RVN could have created some frontline-scare that your brawlers and midrangers easily could have exploited, while still getting covered by your ECM (cash and XP´s, yo!!!) ^^), share that bit of armour, get all the info you can without being suicidal and deal as much damage as you can, while you still can .
If you´re last man standing again, just keep fighting, either balls to the walls or straight up ninja-style, it´s still the last man´s decision how he goes about, but FIGHT .

Edited by B0oN, 04 November 2017 - 05:56 AM.

#191 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:56 AM

View PostB0oN, on 04 November 2017 - 05:53 AM, said:

irregardless

Lol, sorry, it just reminded me.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users