Gameplay

192 replies to this topic

#41 Mead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:23 AM

Last match I was LMS at 11-6, had a sdr-5k on polar, ran up on a marauder and ran around him in circles firing nonstop. He let me do that for about a minute and then someone stepped in front of me and that was that.

Most entertaining match I'd been in for a while.

Edited by Mead, 21 March 2016 - 06:24 AM.

#42 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:28 AM

View PostDarkMetalBlade, on 21 March 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

& people are scratching their heads wondering why nobody plays light mechs in this game...

Popularity argument isn't valid. Assaults are unpopular and also least rewarded (you can get 300K CB in Light via just circling around enemy team, but 100K CB for decent match in Assault...wut???) 'Mechs too. They are most fragile 'Mechs due to reversed balance. Slow, large, easy to aim, with low hardpoints, so they have to expose themselves to shoot at enemies, with completely useless armour. And what? Should we let Assault pilots grief other players as moral compensation? Yeah?

Edited by MrMadguy, 21 March 2016 - 06:30 AM.

#43 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:28 AM

hello friend , keeper of the flame, long shall mwll reign!

So , in mwll , you get many of those small engagements by necessity, the game is the game. Im sure MWLL has seen many epic small scale battles over the years. because.....
It seemed far too many idiots couldnt handle its awesomeness and gave up citing tears.

This game, has come a long way, and the combat, mechanics, hit reg etc are all fairly spot on imo, which is IMPORTANT..
So , there is a very good community of pilots who like to play.

Unless, you are killing something, or harassing, in a fairly aggressive way, knowingly searching for legit targets, etc.. Its fairly poor form to drag it out.. People cant play the same mech next match which IS an issue ..
That being said.. A team with a half a brain should be able to find you , or transmit ur location..

THere should also be a duel vote mode. One guy remaining, vote for duel, which could negate all other mechs weapons...

Enjoy duel .. yay.. youtube vids.

#44 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:29 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 21 March 2016 - 06:16 AM, said:

You don't have a right to judge other players. You're nobody here. In most cases it's terrible matchmaker, that is the cause of stomp. So you admit, that you actually grief other players? Then why do you wonder, when they give your position? Do you know, that encouraging other players to violate COC - is griefing and also against COC?

I always follow the COC, but the COC don't require you to suicide to save time for your teammates. If the score is 11-0 and I'm going up against 12 enemy mechs, alone in my ECM Mist Lynx, I have every opportunity to play until the bell rings, if I want to. I can snipe and run until the cows come home, if I want to. As long as I'm in the fight, I can keep going as long as I feel like. It's not against the COC to keep fighting against impossible odds.

I don't wonder why people give their teammates' position. People are jerks. Especially on the internet.

"You're nobody here". lol. So dramatic.

#45 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:33 AM

View PostTristan Winter, on 21 March 2016 - 06:11 AM, said:

For me, it always depends on how my team did. If it was a good fight, my team worked well, but we got beat by a better team, then I won't hold my team up if I realize I have no chance of winning.

However... if half my team yolo'd and no one responded to my attempts of communicating, if everyone just played single player mode and then started whining and blaming each other after they realized we had already lost?

In that case, I don't care if they're bored and they want to move on to the next match. Guess what, you played like a silly sausage, and now you have to watch me do whatever I want until the time runs out. I'm not going to suicide to be nice to people who ignore any attempt at teamwork.

you are out of your mind. We dont give a damn about YOUR attempts at communicating.. Who are you? Comms are necessary , but ONLY used properly 15% of the time. Who are you to judge, and THEN troll your own team as you see fit?

the gall. psh..

#46 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:35 AM

View Postmekabuser, on 21 March 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

you are out of your mind. We dont give a damn about YOUR attempts at communicating.. Who are you? Comms are necessary , but ONLY used properly 15% of the time. Who are you to judge, and THEN troll your own team as you see fit?
the gall. psh..

I'm... the last man standing? The guy who gets to do whatever I want, within the COC?

That's who I am.

<shrug>

#47 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:37 AM

As long as you are actively avoiding AND ATTACKING the enemy in that lone light, I'm OK with that. I don't need to hang around and watch, I've got a stable of mechs and can go play another one. I don't understand others insistence that you're holding them up because that particular mech is locked until match end. Arguments like "But I'm leveling it" or "It's my favourite uber-meta-mech" don't fly with me. Go play something else for a few minutes, grab a snack, take a potty break, etc.

Or if I'm on the enemy team, I'll do my best to hunt you down in the time remaining and not ***** about it (provided your are avoiding AND ATTACKING). While I do want to get on to the next match, I'm not in that much of a rush to and I rarely see this sort of situation happen anyways.

#48 MrMadguy

• 2,212 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:41 AM

Ok. I said all I wanted. I hate circular discussions and explaining same things personally to everybody. If you don't understand something - read my posts again. Game design, that allows one player to hold 23 other players as hostages - is obviously bad game design. Even Blizzard make such a mistakes (allow trolls to wipe groups at LFR via pulling extra trash), but no game developers in this world should do it. It should be fixed. I've paid for another game and I'm playing it now. Don't waste my time. I won't return to MWO, till all it's problems won't be solved. Game modes are #2 (fix map/mode design) and Lights are #3 (fix balance) in my list of things, that should be fixed.

Edited by MrMadguy, 21 March 2016 - 06:42 AM.

#49 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:45 AM

It seems that if the 23 weren't able to kill that one mech they are a part of the problem, aren't they?

#50 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:46 AM

View Postmarsas, on 21 March 2016 - 02:23 AM, said:

so my question is - if you left last man standing you should just scream "banzai" ant atack them straight into face?

Yes. For the sake of the other 23 players, just make it end, and they should thank you for it.

Avoiding enemy engagement is against TOS and that's basicaly what you're doing. If someone is dragging out the match on our team like this, I consider reporting, while shutting down is even worse, and should be reported by everyone. It's different if they have only 1-3 mechs left that's cool maybe you can make it, but if it was a stomp then there's no point and just finish the game, don't prolong.

Edited by NeoCodex, 21 March 2016 - 06:48 AM.

#51 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:48 AM

understood its not going to stop, Just so funny the pride, self identifying, , IF I THINK MY TEAM DID THIS.. its laughable..
thank goodness its rare. .

also agree about finding him, its very satisfying chasing down those who run.

#52 Catho Sharn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAmerica's Crossroads!

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:50 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 21 March 2016 - 05:39 AM, said:

Read rules before posting anything:

Avoiding engagement is allowed ONLY if it allows you to secure your victory. If you are losing - you're dragging out the match.

So, when a team is down 10 to 12, they should all just stand in front of the enemy? After all, they're losing.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree, and let PGI decide when they read the reports.

#53 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:50 AM

View PostTristan Winter, on 21 March 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

I'm... the last man standing? The guy who gets to do whatever I want, within the COC?

That's who I am.

<shrug>

well good for you.

#54 Baelfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:15 AM

View PostDarkMetalBlade, on 21 March 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

& people are scratching their heads wondering why nobody plays light mechs in this game...

Well, i mostly pilot fast Mediums, so i get in this situation more often in a Medium than in a LIght. Actually it is more about speed and agility and not so much about the Weight Class. The difference is, that a BJ-3 (for instance) can fight at almost any distance, while most Lights can't. Lights have to be more careful if they want to stay alive against several enemies and this can be frustrating for the enemy (myself included sometimes), but that is how this class was designed.

And that is not just a MWO thing, it has been this way since forever. Take one of the popular Spider-5K builds to a TT game and you will realize fast that it is almost impossible to kill her at medium range or beyond if she tries to be the "survival squirrel".

There is a reason why the CoC uses terms like "can be considered" and "may be classed as" when it comes to non-participation. It's because in most cases it actually depends very strong on the circumstances if a given action breaks the CoC or not. Personally i think that any action that improves your teams performance is legit, even if it makes just a small difference, like having a matchscore of 150 for the event, not losing PSR or getting "revenge" on that guy that killed you. For me "playing for my team" is "the spirit" of the rules, even if it contributes just a few points of matchscore from some additional assists.

Funny enough the reactions you get from the peanut gallery can be very different as well. There have been games where people called us "team Baelfire" after my little Blackjack went on a killing spree or when someone said "Yes!" when the pesky Light who killed him got melted away by a bunch of MPL's. Sometimes you even get a "good fight" from the enemy team after a long hit-and-run fight, no matter who won finally.

Edited by Baelfire, 21 March 2016 - 07:34 AM.

#55 Whipley

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:40 AM

Heh, this topic reminds of one player I see who very often will run away in the middle of the (pug) match to a far corner. By the end, he'll be the last man standing and will try and engage people one at a time in order to secure a kill. If he gets close to dying, he'll just suicide. And to top it off, he generally has something salty to say.

So freaking annoying. But, he can play that way if he wants. Cheezy? Hell yeah, but whatever.

The people that are super annoying are the ones who are in a mech with still operable weapons who run, hide, and shut down in an effort to run out the clock. Luckily that doesn't happen very often, ymmv. And it's always fun to see them get shredded when they are finally discovered.

#56 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostWhipley, on 21 March 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

Heh, this topic reminds of one player I see who very often will run away in the middle of the (pug) match to a far corner. By the end, he'll be the last man standing and will try and engage people one at a time in order to secure a kill. If he gets close to dying, he'll just suicide. And to top it off, he generally has something salty to say.

So freaking annoying. But, he can play that way if he wants. Cheezy? Hell yeah, but whatever.

You are supposed to report him for suiciding and not nonparticipation in that case

#57 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:09 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 21 March 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

You are supposed to report him for suiciding and not nonparticipation in that case

Because reason?

#58 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:13 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 21 March 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

Because reason?

Because suiciding is against the ToS.

#59 Whipley

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:24 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 21 March 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

No

#60 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:29 AM

View PostWhipley, on 21 March 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

No

It's up to you if you want to report. But the CoC nakes no uncertain quibbles about suiciding being griefing and forbidden.

58 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 58 guests, 0 anonymous users