Reporting Last Man Standing

Gameplay

192 replies to this topic

#121 SJ MetalDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pirate
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:13 AM

people should not complain about the mechanics of the game .. leave match use a different mech

#122 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:16 AM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 21 March 2016 - 02:27 AM, said:

If you're the last mech standing because you're in an ECM light, and you're just running away at the end of the match and not engaging at all, then you're against TOS.

This.

But if you're actively engaging, trying to get another kill for the team, then you're fine and the rest of us should support you in doing it.

#123 PurpleNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:51 AM

There's an extremely difficult process in which you can go to settings and turn off voice and chat comms.
Everytime I do this people stop crying.

#124 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 339 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:51 AM

As long as you are fighting i have no issue with you being last one.

#125 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:54 AM

I was in a game the other where we had two mediums and a stalker left and the enemy had two other mechs a light without any ammo and basically for the last 7 minutes one of them powered down somewhere and the light just kept running rings around the last mechs. It ended in a draw although I think if you have 3 mechs left and the enemy has two then domination wise the team with the most mechs should win. Anyway it was a total waste of time I reported the two mechs, partly out of frustration but I also believed they were making no effort to win the game and were wasting time by not engaging.

Edited by Will Hawker, 27 March 2016 - 04:58 AM.

#126 Mead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostWill Hawker, on 27 March 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

I was in a game the other where we had two mediums and a stalker left and the enemy had two other mechs a light without any ammo and basically for the last 7 minutes one of them powered down somewhere and the light just kept running rings around the last mechs. It ended in a draw although I think if you have 3 mechs left and the enemy has two then domination wise the team with the most mechs should win. Anyway it was a total waste of time I reported the two mechs, partly out of frustration but I also believed they were making no effort to win the game and were wasting time by not engaging.

You... reported a light with no ammo who was "running rings around the last mechs" for not engaging and not trying to win? The one that shut down, sure, but how is a mech with no ammo supposed to make an effort to win the game, how does a mech with no ammo engage the enemy? You should be angry at the THREE remaining who apparently couldn't underp long enough to actually hit and kill him.

This is why we can't have nice things, people. Because of shitsmeared attitudes like this.

#127 MrMadguy

• 2,212 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:15 AM

According to COC armless 'Mechs are allowed to avoid engagement. So this is problem with lack of proper "surrender" mechanics in Skirmish, not with behavior of other players. You said there were 3 'Mechs on your side? With proper "surrender"/anti-non-participation mechanic, like engagement timer, you would win without this needless waste of time. You should ask PGI to add it.

#128 Mead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:31 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 27 March 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

According to COC armless 'Mechs are allowed to avoid engagement. So this is problem with lack of proper "surrender" mechanics in Skirmish, not with behavior of other players. You said there were 3 'Mechs on your side? With proper "surrender"/anti-non-participation mechanic, like engagement timer, you would win without this needless waste of time. You should ask PGI to add it.

They had a stalker and two mediums that couldn't kill a light. A surrender mechanic would not make time not be wasted when they're around.

#129 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:34 AM

View PostMead, on 27 March 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

You... reported a light with no ammo who was "running rings around the last mechs" for not engaging and not trying to win? The one that shut down, sure, but how is a mech with no ammo supposed to make an effort to win the game, how does a mech with no ammo engage the enemy? You should be angry at the THREE remaining who apparently couldn't underp long enough to actually hit and kill him.

This is why we can't have nice things, people. Because of shitsmeared attitudes like this.

He wasn't always running around, it's only when we started kicking up fuss that he started moving prior to that he to was sat hiding within the green circle. The Stalker was dced and only returned with less than a minute to go and was to far away to get involved in time, the enforcer was badly damaged, cored and no armour on legs he could of easily been killed if the remaining mech with weapons had bothered (and if I'm honest the enforcer wasn't very good in regards to targeting), I don't know what the other mech was think it was hunchback. Either way we waited for 7 minutes for the game to end in a draw with the opposing side doing nothing to try and win it.

For 7 minutes there was no shooting from the opposing team at all.

I previously stated I didn't mind lights doing hit and runs if they were the only remaining mechs, but 1 this guy had no weapons and only started moving about towards the end of the 7 minutes and 2 there was another mech with weapons who I guess had powered down, the map was mining collective so plenty of spaces to hide within the green circle.

Edited by Will Hawker, 27 March 2016 - 08:43 AM.

#130 MrMadguy

• 2,212 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:03 AM

View PostWill Hawker, on 27 March 2016 - 08:34 AM, said:

He wasn't always running around, it's only when we started kicking up fuss that he started moving prior to that he to was sat hiding within the green circle. The Stalker was dced and only returned with less than a minute to go and was to far away to get involved in time, the enforcer was badly damaged, cored and no armour on legs he could of easily been killed if the remaining mech with weapons had bothered (and if I'm honest the enforcer wasn't very good in regards to targeting), I don't know what the other mech was think it was hunchback. Either way we waited for 7 minutes for the game to end in a draw with the opposing side doing nothing to try and win it.

I previously stated I didn't mind lights doing hit and runs if they were the only remaining mechs, but 1 this guy had no weapons and only started moving about towards the end of the 7 minutes and 2 there was another mech with weapons who I guess had powered down, the map was mining collective so plenty of spaces to hide within the green circle.

Green circle? So it was domination? Then it's your fault. It's extremely hard to hide inside radar range, so it were you, who weren't participating properly.

#131 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:21 AM

I was dead, so it wasn't me and it's not hard to hide on mining collective when you power down behind an energy stack or something, the circle covers the entire center area.

Edited by Will Hawker, 27 March 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#132 Black Phoebe

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:43 AM

Either way we waited for 7 minutes for the game to end in a draw with the opposing side doing nothing to try and win it.

It was a draw, which is better than a loss, so at least the Light did exactly the right thing by getting the best possible result for his team. The other mech was probably just hiding so he could continue the Light's job after you killed him. It is not his fault that your team wasn't able to kill a weaponless Light inside the rather small domination circle.

Common sense should tell you that a win is better than a draw and a draw is better than a loss, but apparently that's not the case. The game ended as a draw because that's how domination was designed.

Edited by Black Phoebe, 27 March 2016 - 09:45 AM.

#133 Volthorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:44 AM

Sometimes opposition requires no force, as you have discovered.

Either way we waited for 7 minutes for the game to end in a draw with the opposing side doing nothing to try and win it.

And sometimes doing nothing to force a tie IS winning. Their only other option was defeat, but they did not lose, therefore they were attempting to win.

#134 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:53 AM

They could of won, they had even numbers at one stage, even with a light with no ammo the Enforcer was on it's last legs, you could of run into it and killed it it was that badly damaged and I don't know the circumstances of the other mech but considering he to couldn't hit the light running about either then there's even more reason for the other mech to actually fight. The stalker was dced so he was out of it for a considerable amount of time and no where near when he did turn up. They could of had a win, instead they decided to not participate and get a draw.

Edited by Will Hawker, 27 March 2016 - 09:56 AM.

#135 Mead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:07 AM

But you didn't report the stalker for nonparticipation or disconnecting. Unless there's some more extremely convenient details you left out.

#136 Black Phoebe

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:08 AM

View PostWill Hawker, on 27 March 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

They could of had a win, instead they decided to not participate and get a draw.

You reported the Light who did everything right. Staying in the circle and not getting killed was absolutly all he could do. All you know about the other Mech is, that was powered down somewhere. Apparently you do not know if he was actually still able to fight, he may have been legged or weaponless or both. You just assume that they could win by fighting.

It seems you were just salty, that your team did not win the game for you. At least this is what reporting the Light implies.

Edited by Black Phoebe, 27 March 2016 - 10:10 AM.

#137 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:10 AM

Just make sure they know you are reporting them, it will probably have more power. Even if they have all messaging turned off it may get others to do the same. If enough reports go in, it may trigger more resolve on PGI's part (said may not will).

Yes, PGI may not feel that either party is right or wrong, based on the fact that neither person is trolling by too few reports or too few reports being submitted. They may however see a trend in map/game design or MM that is making for unhappy players. There is no sudden change, but it is like throwing coins in a jar that will add up.

Edited by Chuck Jager, 27 March 2016 - 10:31 AM.

#138 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,726 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:15 AM

There is seriously only one thing to do if yur the last bromech standing.
Be a legend.
Posted Image

#139 Black Phoebe

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:18 AM

View PostChuck Jager, on 27 March 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

Just make sure they know you are reporting them, it will probably have more power. Even if they have all messaging turned off it may get others to do the same. If enough reports go in, it may trigger more resolve on PGI's part (said may not will).

Sigh.

The Light was staying in the circle and prevented them from capping. That is playing the core mechanic of the domination mode, so please tell me what he did wrong.

#140 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:44 AM

View PostMead, on 27 March 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

But you didn't report the stalker for nonparticipation or disconnecting. Unless there's some more extremely convenient details you left out.

If someone disconnects and doesn't return I do, I reported a guy the other day who didn't dc had a ping didn't return until 30 seconds left in the game and he said his girl friend made him do something.

59 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 59 guests, 0 anonymous users