Punish The Shot Blockers.

39 replies to this topic

#1 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:50 PM

I've had this tons of times. Greedy monkeys blocking shots so they can shoot their 2 small pulse lasers at the enemy. The new policy just made it so much more annoying.

Example.. just lost a game where the enemy king crab was looking the other way. I had a clear shot at his back as he was turning around and i was shooting at him. 2 seconds later a little scrub in a light decides to block my shot so he can pew pew his SMALL pulse lasers at a target thats 400 meters away. Long story short the king crab turns around fires his lasers, kills the light and then kills me since i was open ct at that point and then manages to kill 5 more people winning the game for the enemy team.

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:54 PM

FYI, we can't always see that we're about to block somebody's shot. Battlefield is hectic, there's a lot going on and a lot to keep track of... the light probably didn't even know you were there and was just trying his best to get shots on the enemy in any way he could.

#3 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

View PostTarogato, on 23 March 2016 - 05:54 PM, said:

... and was just trying his best to get shots on the enemy in any way he could.

Part of the problem? Anyone have an '"I'm Helping!" meme?

#4 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:59 PM

View PostTarogato, on 23 March 2016 - 05:54 PM, said:

FYI, we can't always see that we're about to block somebody's shot. Battlefield is hectic, there's a lot going on and a lot to keep track of... the light probably didn't even know you were there and was just trying his best to get shots on the enemy in any way he could.

Because he didnt see my volley of fire that he ran through?

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:01 PM

View PostTripzter, on 23 March 2016 - 05:50 PM, said:

I've had this tons of times. Greedy monkeys blocking shots so they can shoot their 2 small pulse lasers at the enemy. The new policy just made it so much more annoying.

Example.. just lost a game where the enemy king crab was looking the other way. I had a clear shot at his back as he was turning around and i was shooting at him. 2 seconds later a little scrub in a light decides to block my shot so he can pew pew his SMALL pulse lasers at a target thats 400 meters away. Long story short the king crab turns around fires his lasers, kills the light and then kills me since i was open ct at that point and then manages to kill 5 more people winning the game for the enemy team.

Oh you think it's bad now? Wait until the Archer Leaderboard event, where Solo Kill is heavily encouraged.

#6 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:13 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 March 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

Oh you think it's bad now? Wait until the Archer Leaderboard event, where Solo Kill is heavily encouraged.

CW, the place people go to hide from PGI's various "Events".

#7 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:22 PM

View PostTripzter, on 23 March 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Because he didnt see my volley of fire that he ran through?

Possibly considering that half the time I see someone rant about this in game the first volley had only been fired a half second prior...

#8 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:25 PM

View PostSorbic, on 23 March 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

Possibly considering that half the time I see someone rant about this in game the first volley had only been fired a half second prior...

Even if thats the case your place as a light isnt in front of assaults.

#9 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:28 PM

View PostTripzter, on 23 March 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

Then maybe assaults should move closer

#10 zeves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

thing to take from this is: rear view mirror is lostech and is faar away from anything we could even remotely dream about in the future.

#11 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostWandering Sage, on 23 March 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

Then maybe assaults should move closer

If i had stepped 20 meters forward i would have been fully exposed to be shot at from both sides. I was in a walkway between 2 walls.

#12 Alardus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:08 PM

What a thirst quencher this story was.

#13 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

What? So the SPL lights should hide in the back behind the assaults?

Yeah, it's annoying, but most times that light isn't going to see your fire in the first place because he's looking at his target and moving sideways. He's not deliberately blocking your shot. He's not being greedy. He's just trying to do his job.

I sympathise with you completely, OP, as I'm primarily an Assault pilot. It's really irritating when someone much faster daets in front of you and stops, forcing your to laboriously reposition, but they're not doing it maliciously.

Well, except in leaderboard events. Things go way downhill in leaderboard events.

#14 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:38 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 23 March 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

What? So the SPL lights should hide in the back behind the assaults?

The lights should be flanking the enemy assaults.. not spamming their SPL at 400 meters distance while blocking their friendlies.

Edited by Tripzter, 23 March 2016 - 07:38 PM.

#15 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:39 PM

While we're at it can we punish those who stand behind assaults/heavies and hinder their retreat.

Edited by Lupis Volk, 23 March 2016 - 07:40 PM.

#16 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:49 PM

View PostTripzter, on 23 March 2016 - 07:38 PM, said:

The lights should be flanking the enemy assaults.. not spamming their SPL at 400 meters distance while blocking their friendlies.
so this gets more and more specific.

As I said, I sympathise with you.

But what you want is entirely impossible anyways, making this a QQ thread and nothing more. You can't punish people for what is, in the vast majority of circumstances, an accident anyways. Not only because in most cases they don't really have a good way to know, but because it's impossible mechanically. How is the game going to judge when someone is doing that, and when they really had a way to know they were doing it in the middle of a battle and things are frenetic.

#17 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:55 PM

I guess this you're right, it is a partial rant thread.

Oh well i guess from now on i'll just keep firing and through the idiots.

#18 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:12 PM

Example.. just lost a game where the enemy king crab was looking the other way. I had a clear shot at his back as he was turning around and i was shooting at him.

View PostTripzter, on 23 March 2016 - 07:38 PM, said:

Sounds like he was flanking to me.

View PostTripzter, on 23 March 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

Oh well i guess from now on i'll just keep firing and through the idiots.

While i realize you are the most important player in the match and everyone is looking for you to carry them, maybe you should be nicer to your teammates.

:D

#19 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

If people would just pass on the outside shoulder this would not be an issue.. But people are idiots.. and if you take a shot cause you come flying through with out saying.. "hey stalker, hold your fire i wanna push through quick" then ohh well..

I'll take my little time out, and grab a drink...

that said, i typically have under 10 FF damage. one time i had 43?.. It's on you as much as shot blockers.. just move on..

#20 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:32 PM

Maybe said assault should be a Stalker and just shoot over tiny lights :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users