69 replies to this topic

#21 Azalie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 341 posts
  • LocationThe Warp

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:04 AM

The only thing worse than blowing yourself up is dying while shut down and staring at the ground.

Edited by Azalie, 22 March 2016 - 06:06 AM.

#22 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:07 AM

I sometimes override myself if I want to deny the kill to the enemy while at the same time, doing damage to them before I KABOOOOM

#23 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:11 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 21 March 2016 - 09:32 PM, said:

I'm not too fussed about this as it rarely happens. The only time I'd be really angry would be if I already had 7 kills and they would have been the 8th. I'll get that achievement eventually....

Which achievement?

#24 Nostromodamus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:16 AM

View PostLegendaryArticuno, on 22 March 2016 - 06:11 AM, said:

Which achievement?

Ace of Spades. 8 kills in 1 match.

#25 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:18 AM

I'll hit the override when things get grim for me. I'm going out shooting, not staring at my feet, immobile. I'm doing as much damage before I overheat or you take me down.

#26 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

And now come out the kneckbeards trolling and going, "herpa deep, he cooked himself, no cookie for you.". He only cooked himself because the OP was winning the fight.

The short of it is, you gamble and cook yourself, you lost, other guy should get the kill.

Unfortunately, the haters will point out that it's legal, which it is. However the behavior is a direct nerf to c-bill rewards. On a per match basis, it's minor, but I normally see 1 to 3 suicides each match now. That adds up.

Similarly, how Narc gives you nothing unless the kill is via LRM. You can be narcing your heart out, providing your team with a huge information advantage, but nope, no reward for you.

#27 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

I would give the kill to the last person to shoot him, last person to shoot him in the component that killed, or the one that did the most damage.
Perfectly valid tactic as long as they really are fighting. But its not like awarding the kill to somebody will hurt the killed pilot. Well unless that pilot really was just trying for a "no kill for you". But then they're just trolling so getting rid of that is a plus.

#28 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:05 AM

View Postdario03, on 22 March 2016 - 09:52 AM, said:

I would give the kill to the last person to shoot him, last person to shoot him in the component that killed, or the one that did the most damage.
Perfectly valid tactic as long as they really are fighting. But its not like awarding the kill to somebody will hurt the killed pilot. Well unless that pilot really was just trying for a "no kill for you". But then they're just trolling so getting rid of that is a plus.

exactly. It voids the no kill for you suicides, which are against the CoC as well, So it actually works in favor of the "spirit of MWO" and stuffs a griefing tactic completely.

#29 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:52 PM

View PostCabusha, on 22 March 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

Similarly, how Narc gives you nothing unless the kill is via LRM. You can be narcing your heart out, providing your team with a huge information advantage, but nope, no reward for you.

NARC rewards definitely need a fix in this regard. Do they do NARC assisted damage yet?

#30 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:56 PM

Nope. The only rewards you generally get for NARC is if someone kills it with LRMs.

Yes, seriously.

#31 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:41 PM

Override Shutdown allows you to keep dealing damage in a los-lose situation so don't get salty over some stupid small CB reward.

In the end , the overral performance of your mech will define how much you get.....we all have seen those people killing like half team , losing and getting nearly nothing.

So has long you destroy components , kill assist , uav detection , scouting and many other activities during the match your final income will be bigger.

Edited by Mad Strike, 22 March 2016 - 03:42 PM.

#32 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:45 PM

View Postwanderer, on 21 March 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

Suicides should award a kill to the guy who's getting KMDD in those cases as well. After all, if you drove them off a wall and they snapped the leg you burned red along with most of their upper body...face it, the ground just got the assist.

Better yet, don't track kill shots at all. Kill shots are meaningless.

Just track KMDD. That's a much more accurate representation of who "got the kill" than kill shot could ever be.

#33 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 22 March 2016 - 05:37 AM, said:

See, I'm not advocating to disallow the tactic, but instead to award the kill to the person you're fighting, since you died fighting them. Instead of denying them the c-bills and points.

You still get an assist, and an assist is worth the same c-bills and xps as a kill+component destroyed. Or at least it used to be... I haven't checked recently.

Basically, the only thing you're being denied is the e-peen enhancement of the kill shot stat. Which is meaningless, because kill shot is a meaningless stat in the first place. (KMDD is vastly better, but PGI didn't record it until recently and still doesn't track it over time.)

#34 Alardus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 22 March 2016 - 03:45 PM, said:

Better yet, don't track kill shots at all. Kill shots are meaningless.

Just track KMDD. That's a much more accurate representation of who "got the kill" than kill shot could ever be.

A 30% hp mech that still has all its guns is still 100% dangerous when its pelting you because you. Yes, kills matter.

#35 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:23 PM

Now a kill assist count would be viable since you influenced on the decition of the pilot to engage override shutdown.

Edited by Mad Strike, 22 March 2016 - 04:23 PM.

#36 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:41 PM

Well. If I'm boating hot weapons and you're right in front or rolling us and I can't escape, I'm gonna slap that override and try to do abit more dmg to earn that little bit more cbills and make my team mates lives easier. More attractive than doing nothing and give you a free kill and more damage. Rewards are for both teams, not just yourself mate

#37 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:44 PM

View Postwanderer, on 21 March 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

Suicides should award a kill to the guy who's getting KMDD in those cases as well. After all, if you drove them off a wall and they snapped the leg you burned red along with most of their upper body...face it, the ground just got the assist.

no they should not and the guy prolly blew his core out trying to shoot back in desperation after you blew his 2 torso off and prolly all his heat sinks..if u want the kill shoot the CT...period

#38 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:23 PM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 22 March 2016 - 03:28 AM, said:

I used to be a bit more for suicide penalties then I am now. Still, I think it is wrong and the suicider should be punished like every other FPS out there. However, it never hurts to compromise a bit on ones opinion.

Still, I think giving the kill to the attacker who did the most damage dealt before suicide is a good idea. I also think the game should acknowledge that too.

Basically, If the attacker (who inflicted the most damage) is "X" and the suicider is "Z", the game should say "X has killed Z" instead of the current "Z has killed Z". There could be some small icon or indicator next to it to denote it was a KMDD kill.

In anycase, don't give any credit to the suicider for the suicide.

You are assuming the suicide is intentional and not a byproduct of a player slamming on the override in a kill or die situation and then going hell bent for leather with the override on to the point of self destruction. OR in some cases, as I have myself experienced, you are going around the perimeter of a map <yes, that is a thing one can do aside from lemming rush the middle> and the map thinks you are out of bounds or you are trying to get back in but that clock keeps counting. I personally think the out of bounds timer should stop counting the moment you turn to face the map and BEGIN TO RETURN TO THE MAP! It should honestly only count when you are static or deliberately heading away from the map. BUT, to be blunt, to blanket punish everyone, like russ is doing with the fact you are FORCED to play maps and/or modes you hate and cant do crap to avoid now, is a BAD thing.

#39 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:28 PM

There should be a certain amount of time after last hit where a heat death is still eligible as a kill. Maybe if the enemy heat suicides anywhere up to 15 seconds after you shot them, you should be awarded the kill.

Also I think there should be a slight C-bill penalty for heat death. It shouldn't be too steep, because we all unintentionally run too hot sometimes, but enough that it encourages pilots to better manage their heat.

#40 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:37 PM

View PostRepasy Cooper, on 22 March 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

There should be a certain amount of time after last hit where a heat death is still eligible as a kill. Maybe if the enemy heat suicides anywhere up to 15 seconds after you shot them, you should be awarded the kill.

Also I think there should be a slight C-bill penalty for heat death. It shouldn't be too steep, because we all unintentionally run too hot sometimes, but enough that it encourages pilots to better manage their heat.

i disagree with you completely. That is blanket penalizing people for heat of the moment choices. Not everyone is willing to put money into PGI for things like cool shots and thus should not be penalized. Its kinda like saying that a red light camera should deem you as having run a red for not stopping before the stop line. How fast would that get irritating?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users