Mech Buying Question.

4 replies to this topic

#1 QuantumStorm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:29 PM

I just came back to the game. Was an Elite founder and quit after they launched when they nerfed the zoom feature. But been enjoying this again on my new rig.

One thing I have noticed is I have my 3 Catapults that I had when I left. But When I am thinking about trying some new mechs, I look at the store and have noticed all of them have a premium currency cost as well as a possible cbill cost.

Are you unable to buy mechs anymore for straight c-bills? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

That would be very sad as while I have no problem spending some money to support a game I like (60 or 80 dollar founder package) or even cosmetic items. The cost in real cash for any decent heavy or assault is a non starter.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:48 PM

View PostQuantumStorm, on 22 March 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

I just came back to the game. Was an Elite founder and quit after they launched when they nerfed the zoom feature. But been enjoying this again on my new rig.

One thing I have noticed is I have my 3 Catapults that I had when I left. But When I am thinking about trying some new mechs, I look at the store and have noticed all of them have a premium currency cost as well as a possible cbill cost.

Are you unable to buy mechs anymore for straight c-bills? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

That would be very sad as while I have no problem spending some money to support a game I like (60 or 80 dollar founder package) or even cosmetic items. The cost in real cash for any decent heavy or assault is a non starter.

As long as you're not looking at the "Bundles" in the Mech store (or the trial mechs because they are pre-upgraded 'champion' builds instead of tabletop stock builds), you should be able to find cbill prices on all non-hero mechs.

Any mech that lists both a and price can be bought with either. Only reason to use is if you're rich and want a mech now instead of earning it, or want to support the game developers in a way that doesn't merit long term benefits.

Click Buy and it will give you a choice. Choose the cbill option. That's the one.

#3 QuantumStorm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:49 PM

Thank You very much, had assumed the mechs cost the combination of both listed costs

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:50 PM

The old "Buy (with) MC" and "Buy (with) CB" options of old are replaced with a context choice menu after hitting buy.

Too many people thought that how they wrote it originally was confusing.
"Buy CB."
"Well why can't I buy cbills? Why is this thing going to charge me cbills for a mech?"

...Yeah. We got those questions.
All they needed was the word "With" on each button. Welp, now it's a mysteriously appearing context choice menu!
Good news is it spells out exactly what you're getting -- pretty important if you do consider buying a mech starter pack bundle.

#5 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:43 PM

If you do want to throw money at the game, the classic mech packs through the website store are a decent bargain. Buying 3 mauraders for 20 dollars is not a bad deal at all. They are available in game for MC now but going that route is $45 in MC. I honestly don't expect those packs to stay up much longer. But hey, who knows.

Warhammer is another good choice. I don't have opinions on rifleman or archer, I haven't bought them.

I would save any founders MC for one shot camo , paint and mechbays or buying premium time. Mastery packs are a decent deal if you are extremely interested in the included hero mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users