Need A New Unit

7 replies to this topic

#1 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:33 AM

Hey guys I came back from a mechbay tour about a week ago and not sure what to do from there. I have been thinking about joining a competitive unit. Been wanting to participate in tournaments such as MRBC and such. It may take me awhile to decide, but uh, yeah. Im open and free to whoever wants me!

let me know if you want more details

-Wind

P.S oh, i was also thinking about making my own unit called the Wind Raiders (-WR-) but i haven't decided yet. If so, it will be an FRR loyalist unit for all ages and skill groups. And if members need mechbays, i could create a merc unit under my Alt, Wild Pug. (b/c truly, im just a wild pug Posted Image)

Edited by Windscape, 03 April 2016 - 11:34 AM.

#2 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:18 PM

To my knowledge three units from the FRR currently compete in MRBC:

The Isengrim:
This is our third season in MRBC our overall record for all three seasons is 60-9.
Our roster is pretty tightly packed and in order to get any game time you'll need to prove you are better than the starters - most of whom are High-Thegns. Alternatively if we get enough people interested we may start a 2nd team for lower MRBC divisions.

MJ12:
This is MJ12's 2nd season in MRBC. Last season they fought in the NA timezone league and won D Division. This season they moved to the European league where they were placed in C division. They have had some struggles this season and I don't know their future plans.

1st Hussars:
This is the Hussars first season in MRBC and they are still trying to figure themselves out and get the hang of MRBC. They are currently in NA E2 Division.

That's what is going on. Maybe other teams are planning on entering MRBC next season, maybe they aren't. If I were to guess the 1st Hussars would be the easiest team to get on their active comp roster with since they are still in the beginning stages - but you'd have to talk to them for more info.

You can come try to drop with ISEN...maybe come to one of our practices if you are really interested, but keep in mind, unless you are really good at the game right now, it'll be an uphill battle.

#3 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:27 PM

hmm is was considering those units, as well as 2323. About dropping with ISEN... When i look around on ts i usually see just you guys in your ISEN section, so that sometimes makes me nervous on if i want to come say hai or not. (same goes for other units) but i will join if invited (b/c i guess im just a bit shy or somethin :))

also, i want to know if there are any FRR MWO units in WoT. I think they are but im just curious b/c i have been playing that game with my friend recently.

also really exited about MWO's 1st offical tourney :D

#4 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:31 PM

View PostWindscape, on 05 April 2016 - 12:27 PM, said:

hmm is was considering those units, as well as 2323. About dropping with ISEN... When i look around on ts i usually see just you guys in your ISEN section, so that sometimes makes me nervous on if i want to come say hai or not. (same goes for other units) but i will join if invited (b/c i guess im just a bit shy or somethin Posted Image)

also, i want to know if there are any FRR MWO units in WoT. I think they are but im just curious b/c i have been playing that game with my friend recently.

also really exited about MWO's 1st offical tourney Posted Image

ISEN has some WA guys who play WoT in the hub. You could join them if you wanted.

#5 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:07 PM

Heya windscape,
I would suggest asking their leaders for a few drops with each of them an see who you mesh with -- this is, after all, a social event. Just remember, Dane will steal your B.L.T sandwich if you leave it unattended.

#6 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:00 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 15 April 2016 - 02:07 PM, said:

Heya windscape,
I would suggest asking their leaders for a few drops with each of them an see who you mesh with -- this is, after all, a social event. Just remember, Dane will steal your B.L.T sandwich if you leave it unattended.

I dunno, he might raid it, sack it, pillage it, plunder it, challenge you to holmgang for it, or simply take it away from you, but I'm not sure stealing is Dane's "thing." He's pretty direct.

Then again, that's all verging into sterotypes. He'd probably object to accusations of stealing on grounds of an offense against Nordic hospitality, and challenge the person who cast the aspersion to a holmang. He'd probably just dismiss the stereotypes, but I'll "take it to the hexagon" if necessary to satisfy honor. ;)

Edits: clarity

Edited by Virlutris, 15 April 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#7 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:07 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 15 April 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

I dunno, he might raid it, sack it, pillage it, plunder it, challenge you to holmgang for it, or simply take it away from you, but I'm not sure stealing is Dane's "thing." He's pretty direct.

Then again, that's all verging into sterotypes. He'd probably object to such imprecations on grounds of an offense against Nordic hospitality, and challenge the person who cast the aspersion to a holmang. (which I'll do if necessary to satisfy honor, btw Posted Image)

Exactly.

#8 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:12 PM

ill try talking to people and see where it gets me. In the meantime, i may be unitless but i am on a perma frr contract so i wont be going anywhere. So far without talking i have gotten a pm about Isengrim from UCR Starwolf, but nothing since then, so i might have to do some talking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users