Atlas Ddc, Thoughts On My Loadout?

16 replies to this topic

#1 Washcloth Repairman

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:17 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b71853a3ef35b3b

I also did another one with Large Pulses, a LRM 10. STD360 and Ferro-Fiberous.

Edited by Washcloth Repairman, 08 April 2016 - 03:35 AM.

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:36 AM

Functionally: Not sure of the AMS has much of a role other than to give away your position when it is helping out your friends, cuz it isn't going to do you much good most of the time in light of the ECM.

Other than that, to each his own in re weapons. I know a lot of folks will tell you that LBx sucks, etc. Two things to think about in this regard: in many pugdrops, your assaults get left behind. Often (seriously) by the time you and the other Assaults get there more than a few enemy mechs are weakened and the lbx and srm combo can really shine at finishing them. That said, when the fairly fresh enemy assaults catch up with their team you will be at a serious disadvantage as they will likely have far more concentrated firepower than you.

As to your LPL build, I tried the same thing as well as LLs (not with LRMs though) back before the most recent Atlas buff. Lost arms so frequently and so quickly that I felt that the energy mounts (regardless of what they had in them) were a waste. Perhaps now this is more doable, but since I still see lots of Atlas running around without arms...
Something to think about.

#3 Washcloth Repairman

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:54 AM

Thanks. I have the LBs from a previous mech I stripped so I'll try it out and if I need to switch to the Ferro one with AC2s instead of LPLs. Is there any point to not using an ECM on the DDC? I saw one earlier tonight and it seemed silly to me but maybe they know something I don't.

#4 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:18 AM

I too have seen folks not running the ECM, and never understood why one would do this. I suppose they just needed the space or the weight for something else, but I have never tried a build where I needed that 1 mount and/or .5 ton.

I've never seen anyone do an AC2 build. I will be shocked if you enjoy the experience. Even if you could fit 4-6 of em (ala a king crab or mauler) they would be so low on your torso as to be near useless at range if there is any terrain of consequence between you and the target.

Honestly, I think the reason most folks run the Ac20, srm6+A builds is because it is about the only thing that the DDC is particularly suited to: hitting hard at short range. Trying to be clever with other builds is always fun and challenging, but really hard to make work on this mech. In any case, good luck with your builds and have fun experimenting.

#5 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

Except you pretty much need to have something blunder in front of it for that to work as it doesn't turn very fast, or bend very well.

#6 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:53 PM

I'd drop the AMS and a tiny bit of armor for another SRM-6 (or 4 and ammo

#7 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,962 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:35 AM

View PostWashcloth Repairman, on 08 April 2016 - 03:54 AM, said:

Thanks. I have the LBs from a previous mech I stripped so I'll try it out and if I need to switch to the Ferro one with AC2s instead of LPLs. Is there any point to not using an ECM on the DDC? I saw one earlier tonight and it seemed silly to me but maybe they know something I don't.

No, they were foolish. ECM is always worth it. Betcha they were an LRM build, though. So, doubly foolish. LRM boating with an Atlas is simply bad - You've only got three hardpoints, and they're all crammed into your ECM torso.

In any case, you're sporting an almost standard Hillbilly Shotgun Atlas. It was one of my favorite builds until the Clans' amazing mobility made playing a slow brawler sub-optimal. With the recent changes, it's fun again - although I've been focusing on other 'mechs like my Marauders - and the announced buffs to LB-X autocannons next patch should make it even more fun. The important thing with the Shotgun Atlas is to use your Medium Lasers sparingly. Use them to discourage Lights, and to dump heat for a kill, but they're the least damage/heat of anything in your loadout

The key to a successful Atlas build is to make use of your massive tonnage to project a presence onto the battlefield, and to focus on doing one thing well. This can be brawling, it can be UAC/5 dakka fire support... I know a guy who uses some Unholy Monstrosity combining UAC/5s with LRMs. If you're not using all or most of your hardpoints, however, chances are that you're undergunned; the same applies if you're trying to combine things like ERPPCs and SRMs - either you overheat in a heartbeat, or you're projecting the firepower of a Medium at any range. This is not to say that you can't make use of multi-range weapons (the UAC/5 is a great example) to build a 'mech that can engage targets within a broad range; just don't slap a bunch of incompatible weapons onto a 'mech that's too slow to control engagement ranges.

#8 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:17 AM

(1 x AC20, 3 x SRM6+A, ECM, STD350)
AS7-D-DC

If you don't wanna use ECM on atlas you might aswel play the AS7-S version. AS7-S same as DDC only better quircks, extra missil and energy hardpoint and a extra module slot in exchange not able to wear ecm.

#9 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:19 PM

LBX-10 and SRM6 cooldowns don't sync. So you either waste DPS from the LBX since they cool down faster than the SRMs, or you continuously stare at the target for maximum DPS, which is very bad for a brawler. AC20/SRM6 is the way to go. No loss of DPS and pinpoint dmg from the AC20 vs spread damage.

#10 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

I think your missing an ac20 and a srm6 pack in your build.

I could be wrong, but I think a ddc can rock 3 launchers?

#11 Ogvai Ogvai Helmschrott

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:59 PM

Well, from some one who likes to think he's not a bad ddc pilot, your build is very close to mine.

Drop arty, get a 345 std add 3rd srm6(can drop to 3srm 4s for heat) do 4tons of lb10x ammo, and 3tons of srm ammo, no endo pr ferro, that's my build give or take a few niggly bit which I cant say or show due to being on a phone right now but basically move at 60link your lb20x with your stripping lazors(wait till you have shorn some armour off) get in close make sure that spread is negated and blast away with srm back uo close range NO LAZORS you will over heat quickly..

My ddc has ran this build since...2013 even when lb10s could get destroyed through armour it stands the test of time quite well and packs a punch with ecm, although if you want to punch people get the atlas S 91alpha good heat management and its a tank!

#12 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:56 PM

While I largely agree w/ Blackhawk and General Kerensky, I have seen MUCH MUCH worse Atlas builds.

Yours at least has a focused role.

#13 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:32 PM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 18 April 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

I think your missing an ac20 and a srm6 pack in your build.

I could be wrong, but I think a ddc can rock 3 launchers?

You're right but the ams and double lbx took up too many slots with ferro. I'm actually considering UAC5s on the D-DC, it's silly but it can still work, you shield when your SRM are on cooldown or when your guns are jammed. It also has more versatile firepower than the typical AC20 build. Though, the AC 20 build is more focused, and has more alpha. It's up to you.

Edited by Starbomber109, 18 April 2016 - 09:47 PM.

#14 CrimsonSteele

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

View PostWashcloth Repairman, on 08 April 2016 - 03:17 AM, said:

I like the idea of crits, but the damage spreads to much try this.

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d0589f50f29cac9[/smurfy]

Little bit to much weapons but should work fine.

#15 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:41 AM

why not just try this

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...caff2a0e1261da1

#16 CrimsonSteele

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

that works to

#17 Good_Cat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 69 posts
  • LocationThe wrong side of enemy lines probably

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:05 AM

View PostWashcloth Repairman, on 08 April 2016 - 03:17 AM, said:

This would be mine

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b71853a3ef35b3b[/smurfy]

I am minus the AMS
But thats what ECM is there for.
3 tons of LBX-10 ammo is 30 (dual) shots
3.5 tones pf SRM ammo is 20 (ish SRM18) shots

I i've split my ammo as well a ton of each in each torso / leg so if a legs gets blown of i only lose a ton of each instead of 2 tons of one.
Also jam ammo in the head instead of a torso.

Fire Group One - LBX-10's
Fire Group Two LBX-10's plus SRM-18
Fire Group Three Med Lasers

Edited by Good_Cat, 27 May 2016 - 02:07 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users