#41 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:56 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 08 April 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

Too many people want to play as Clans.

Apparently not at least not in the two Tukayyid events. Clans are under represented. The only thing that drives clans crazy - mapwise - is when mercs run over in division strength, but thats also happening vice versa.

So lets face it.Clans are not that much played by loyal faction players.

At the topic itself. There was a suggestion. Making conflicts on the map an event for a certain period. I don't have a problem don't playing clan mechs 3 months long in cw. In that time Solo / Groupe Queue is stil available. Non or less I still have fun in cw. Sometimes more. Sometimes less.

#42 Endimra

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:42 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 08 April 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

Admit it - it's more fun to be a faster, more powerful Hero shooting at multiple bad guys than it is to be one slow, weak member of a baddie gang who's trying to gang-up on a Hero.

I contest this, actually. I think many will agree, there is something incredibly appealing about hunting in a pack to bring down stronger prey. I don't think 10v12 would work, but I definitely believe something like 6v3, or perhaps even 6v2 could have potential.

#43 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:52 AM

View PostHound of War, on 08 April 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

To start I want to say that I only play clan. That said, I was just wondering what this game could have been had we had a succession war era. Imagine the CW,excuse me FW is now the new word,with house against house and merc units thrown in just for fun. Balance discussions? No need as your lazors are just as good as mine. We could have had 5 factions + mercs fighting for the IS and not just IS vs Clan! We could have had a Battletech game instead of MWO:" a game set in someting slightly resembleing the Battletech universe... sometimes". Sadly we never got the Succession War (although 95% of the IS mechs we have are from that timeline) , we never got merc units out there trying to make a name for them selves, and we never got real Battletech fanboy stuff. I imagine its far too late for any of this to be corrected, as many of us have invested too mutch in our nerffed out clan mechs. PGI you really did make a game that looks like battletech but ya also made an epic fail in releasing the clan far too early. I for one would take a trade in for my clan gear in exchange for a roll back to the succession war, even though I would miss my beloved SCR terribly.

Actually with PVE Game/Content? comming, you may actually get to play thru the Succession War's, though Russ hasn't said what the PVE MWO is going to entail yet. We'll have to wait and see.

View PostChapeL, on 08 April 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

I wonder how many people would have played more had the game been set in 3015.
This almost happened before MWO released.. MWO was originally going to be a PVE game called Mechwarrior Reboot, which got cancelled in its early stages due to Harmony Gold not wanting to release the "Unseen" mechs, which was going to be based in 3015

#44 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:04 AM

Balance issues aside, it would have meant only 5 factions and mercs. There are too many factions now with too few to play them.

#45 Thunderbird Anthares

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:14 AM

Advancing the timeline would fix a crapton of issues

#46 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:04 PM

PGI going with the original 3015 timeline would've avoided a crapton of issues.

#47 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostThunderbird Anthares, on 09 April 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

Advancing the timeline would fix a crapton of issues

And create a crapton of new ones.

View PostTriordinant, on 09 April 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

PGI going with the original 3015 timeline would've avoided a crapton of issues.

Better. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed.

Edited by Mystere, 09 April 2016 - 02:35 PM.

#48 Ex Atlas Overlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:20 PM

<derail>
An immersive, slow paced, tactical team based shooter where light mechs couldn't stand toe to toe with an assault mech b/c the game was going to have more depth than KDR?

That died the second PGI took over.
</derail>

Edited by The Atlas Overlord, 09 April 2016 - 03:21 PM.

#49 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:57 PM

View PostKhobai, on 08 April 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

every game in mechwarrior franchise has clan mechs.

WRONG.
http://www.mrdiction...rior_DOS_68.png

#50 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:41 AM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 09 April 2016 - 01:54 AM, said:

Mixtech doesn't solve anything frankly. there's no balance when everyone just takes the objectively better gear.

That's not balance, that's lazyness.

Hench, reintroduce repair and rearm. Timberwolfs and Blackknights are the new hot sh!t? Well to bad, because everybody is playing them, repair cost and cooldown are now at +1200%, might want to take a summoner or *insert uncommon mech here* which are only at 25 / 50%.

#51 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:32 AM

View PostKhobai, on 08 April 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

Lots of sense

You know you're wasting your time right?
The vast majority of MWO players don't understand the concept of a "team game". To them, MWO is a single player "me vs. them" game....with the other players on their team only there to blame if a match goes badly.

Everyone has to be a special snowflake... Posted Image

#52 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:32 AM

Personally, I think that PGI should implement a salvage mechanic and allow each respective faction the opportunity to collect the other factions equipment with the option to purchase from a Black Market at a high C-bill or moderate MC cost. Unfortunately, Clan tech is and always likely will be superior to IS technology with only moderate differences, i.e. streaming missile or burst fire ACs.

Alternatively you could simply advance the timeline and give everyone access to the incredibly powerful Clan Tech. I'm sure that PGI would have no difficulty balancing this. Russ seems to be completely for it too!

#53 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:50 AM

The vast majority of MWO players don't understand the concept of a "team game".

Because the game doesnt make an attempt to make them understand the concept

Basic functionality for teamwork is missing from the game, you cant even see your teammates loadouts for example...

If the game included tools that helped people work better as a team then the concept of it being a team game would change

#54 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:19 AM

Did they ever put 5 vs 12 on a test sever I can't remember?
As for as CW goes I'd say un-nerf the clan mechs and roll with 5 vs. 12.
Puglandia is a whole other story though.

#55 Kosh 95

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:05 AM

10 v. 12 was run on test server when clans were initially released.

Clans got their rears handed to them consistently.

In table top, one player could control an entire team and therefor coordinate movement and firing positions. In this game, each mech is under the control of an individual player. Having two additional players even versus a team with better tech was just unbalanced.

10 v. 12 was always a no go from the start. It just will not work in this environment.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users