7 replies to this topic

#1 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:37 AM

All of us have seen drop zone camping situations. They are not fun and they make the match like a torture for one side for the rest of the match duration.

I've experienced both stomping and being stomped... its not fun Spawn camping nor being spawn camped.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not (it probably has been), but what if the drop zones on both sides were dynamic?

Almost all military operation involving an LZ have multiple LZ locations in case one is compromised... so why not here.

As an example, if the attacker team sees the entire defender team way outside of their base (that they are supposed to "defend"), you can bet your a$$ that they gonna drop right o top of the base and own the base. as simple as that.

So, ow about creating a base boundary?
  • If 1/3 of the defenders are outside of the boundary, 1 attacker spawn point moves closer to base(chosen randomly to prevent secondary spawn camping).
  • If 2/3 of the defenders are outside of the boundary, 2 attacker spawn points move closer to base(again, chosen randomly to prevent secondary spawn camping).
  • and ultimately, if all defenders are outside, all attacker dropships will drop their mechs at the secondary drop zone near the gates...
Posted Image

Same thing should apply to defender spawn camping, if the attackers are all swarming the defender spawns, the defender spawns should move to another (randomly chosen) location in the base.

Will this work?... as i'm almost sure this has been suggested before.

#2 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 763 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:55 AM

will work, plus one to that!!!

#3 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:37 AM

I don't think anyone with a (soul or) sense of reasonable gaming competition wants any kind of spawn camping, including me, so +1 to anything that counters it.

#4 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

I have an easier solution... take a cue from Battlefield game series and let you pick your spawn point.

Problem solved.

#5 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:42 AM

In War Thunder you choose which spawn point, and you can choose when you want to jump in. Or you can just leave. If you leave early, your crew gets a temporary lock penalty but if you leave late in the game, without finishing your preset, you don't get penalized. The game wants as much players recycled back to the matchmaker queue.

In Fractured Space, you can respawn on a captured jump point of your choosing, bringing your closer to the battle areas. That makes the capture of jump points strategic in the game for your team, and when you capture certain jump points, it opens up jumping to the enemy base.

Edited by Anjian, 28 March 2017 - 04:43 AM.

#6 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

View PostAnjian, on 28 March 2017 - 04:42 AM, said:

In War Thunder you choose which spawn point, and you can choose when you want to jump in. Or you can just leave. If you leave early, your crew gets a temporary lock penalty but if you leave late in the game, without finishing your preset, you don't get penalized. The game wants as much players recycled back to the matchmaker queue.

In Fractured Space, you can respawn on a captured jump point of your choosing, bringing your closer to the battle areas. That makes the capture of jump points strategic in the game for your team, and when you capture certain jump points, it opens up jumping to the enemy base.

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning. Like fob that you can setup. Cause right now, it's almost a punishment to push into enemy space, as they can reinforce faster with drops hip Jesus. (With that said, how to protect spawn spawn point also needs to be changed as well.)

#7 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:51 PM

The only real problem is Clan mechs are generally faster than IS mechs.
Especially IS assaults.
And with whoever has Combat ID would have a massive advantage.
And will exploit it by bringing faster mechs that wave.

#8 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

This looks like an awful necropost bump.

I'm at the point where this was never considered... even for regular maps/pub play.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users