• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:19 AM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 10 April 2016 - 09:58 PM, said:

Not to mention most platforms really pushing solid VR support in their games are already primed for DirectX 12. Isn't MWO still running on DX9?

DX11 also.

#22 Afuldan McKronik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:23 AM

DX 11 but it seems there are a lot of people who need to run it in DX 9 for stability.

#23 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:38 AM

I feel your reaching for the clouds here.

P.G.I took closed beta and most of open beta before they added a back space function where you didn't have to endlessly tap the key, and you think they can do this ?

Its not wrong to dream, I dream about owning an Aston Martin frequently, but keep a foot on the floor.

#24 Saltychipmunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:14 AM

No too VR, that is something a game should be built from the ground up for , not have it shoe horned in after the fact.

especially not for a free too play game. what portion of the mwo community do you think would be willing to burn 600 - 700 dollars on a vr head set?

Sure there are whales out there , but come on. vr is a pretty damn exclusive tech that is realistically still trying to break into mainstream at this point.

#25 Rhent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:53 PM

View PostSaltychipmunk, on 11 April 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

No too VR, that is something a game should be built from the ground up for , not have it shoe horned in after the fact.

especially not for a free too play game. what portion of the mwo community do you think would be willing to burn 600 - 700 dollars on a vr head set?

Sure there are whales out there , but come on. vr is a pretty damn exclusive tech that is realistically still trying to break into mainstream at this point.

Pretty much the same people who burned $1,500 in 1993 to buy a SX25MHz machine to play Multi Player Battletech Online, spending $2,200 for what was essentially a mid to low end PC of its day.

https://books.google...%201993&f=false

#26 EGG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:20 AM

I just don't think the game lends itself to VR without a fundamental rebuild of how the game is played and specifically how you as the player interact with the mech... Currently the game is a FPS with a hud and some cockpit bars blocking some of your vision. It's just not tactile enough.

However there are some places where they could implement VR without a redesign of the core gameplay, e.g. a VR mech hangar walkaround, particularly if they then fleshed this out like MW1/MW2Mercs with a bar, comm station etc...

CS:GO is experimenting with post-match VR (because they know it will never fit into the core gameplay) for replays:

#27 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:54 AM

View PostRhent, on 17 April 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

Pretty much the same people who burned $1,500 in 1993 to buy a SX25MHz machine to play Multi Player Battletech Online, spending $2,200 for what was essentially a mid to low end PC of its day.

https://books.google...%201993&f=false

Hey I went with a Packard Bell(95) machine as it was all I could afford at the time...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users