• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 11 April 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

Looks like the Ebon Jaguar a bit...

Posted Image

this one does just about. But oh well, if IS wants their heavier version of it so be it.

it looks like an IS warship turret grew legs and walked off teh ship.

Edited by SplashDown, 03 June 2017 - 07:34 PM.

#862 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 03 June 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

And i'm still waiting for my Scorpion
Posted Image

That ain't gonna happen anytime soon brutha. Though I agree that the Goliath Scorpions need their Clan totem mech.

#863 Fyrwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:26 PM

Congrats, Arisen. I'm particularly looking forward to using the third variant, because if I can't have a Fafnir I can at least have the next best thing.

#864 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:39 AM

View PostFyrwulf, on 03 June 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

Congrats, Arisen. I'm particularly looking forward to using the third variant, because if I can't have a Fafnir I can at least have the next best thing.

Not just the 9S but the 9P imitates the Fafnir somehwhat as well. With a std engine it will be able to mount dual hvy gauss.

#865 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

Imperious made a poll asking if the 345 engine cap Nightstars should have their cap bumped up to 350. :)
https://mwomercs.com...rom-345-to-350/

#866 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:51 PM

First Thought - nice
Second - that Hero?
Why?
By the faith of Blake - there are better heros in this topic.
Not to mention that this brubaker hero doesn't even has similarities with 3cLP and 2 cGR - why not 4 LPC and 1 SPC plus two LGR.
Why not Sandoval sporting RC5s and iTC

#867 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:58 PM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 04 June 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

First Thought - nice
Second - that Hero?
Why?
By the faith of Blake - there are better heros in this topic.
Not to mention that this brubaker hero doesn't even has similarities with 3cLP and 2 cGR - why not 4 LPC and 1 SPC plus two LGR.
Why not Sandoval sporting RC5s and iTC

Well... the Hero is at least distinct from the regular variants.

Also Snuggles gave a favorable review of the Nightstar and even mentioned this thread, so shout out for a shout out.

#868 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:58 AM

I've been looking at Alex's Nightstar and I'm concerned the "vents" at the back will be extremely easy targets. They'll likely be the main reason the NSR isn't XL-viable.
Posted Image

Thoughts?

I love the artwork and I'd like for the in game model to be like it but if possible I'd like for those vents to be as minimized as possible. The side profile will be big but I'd hope the frontal profile can be slim so as to give it at least one good angle it can spread dmg, etc.

Edited by TheArisen, 06 June 2017 - 02:02 AM.

#869 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:12 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 06 June 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:

I've been looking at Alex's Nightstar and I'm concerned the "vents" at the back will be extremely easy targets. They'll likely be the main reason the NSR isn't XL-viable.
Posted Image

Thoughts?

I love the artwork and I'd like for the in game model to be like it but if possible I'd like for those vents to be as minimized as possible. The side profile will be big but I'd hope the frontal profile can be slim so as to give it at least one good angle it can spread dmg, etc.

Has the same torso as the Stalker - and if the arms are in this place they might protect the CT from - flanking fire but the ST will be hit able. Although if you aim death center you will hit the arm - but I think its a question of numbers.
The more N-Stars are out the more people will know were to shoot at. If it stays a seldom sight until August 2018 it might use XLs.
Don't forget its an Assault so the "area" will be huge

However -the vents... when you aim there and the pilot moves a little a hit may become a complete miss....

Edited by Karl Streiger, 06 June 2017 - 02:13 AM.

#870 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 06 June 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

Has the same torso as the Stalker - and if the arms are in this place they might protect the CT from - flanking fire but the ST will be hit able. Although if you aim death center you will hit the arm - but I think its a question of numbers.
The more N-Stars are out the more people will know were to shoot at. If it stays a seldom sight until August 2018 it might use XLs.
Don't forget its an Assault so the "area" will be huge

However -the vents... when you aim there and the pilot moves a little a hit may become a complete miss....

I'm thinking it might be possible to twist away to shield if you look up like a Banshee you can cover with an arm or at least hide the vents which are obvious ST.

#871 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 06 June 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:

Compare it to the Marauder. Since the Nightstar will probably a lot less agile, this is a bigger problem.
But then, what use is a crippled Nightstar after it lost a side torso? I don't see this one as a dead-sider or a zombie of any kind. It's a very potent long range weapon's platform and if used as such, XLs might be fine.

It also depends on what engine rating you want to use. At the stock rating, the difference between LFE and XL is four tons, at 300 it is five tons, at 325 six, and at 350 seven and a half tons. The faster you want to go, the better the XL is.
Especially at 325 I will have to test what works better, but losing six tons of offensive power is nothing I look forward to.

#872 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:23 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 06 June 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

Compare it to the Marauder. Since the Nightstar will probably a lot less agile, this is a bigger problem.
But then, what use is a crippled Nightstar after it lost a side torso? I don't see this one as a dead-sider or a zombie of any kind. It's a very potent long range weapon's platform and if used as such, XLs might be fine.

It also depends on what engine rating you want to use. At the stock rating, the difference between LFE and XL is four tons, at 300 it is five tons, at 325 six, and at 350 seven and a half tons. The faster you want to go, the better the XL is.
Especially at 325 I will have to test what works better, but losing six tons of offensive power is nothing I look forward to.

Yeah anyone trying to brawl would go lfe but I agree long range is where the NSR will shine.

#873 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:36 AM

View PostWill9761, on 02 June 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

Bishop got his Urbanmech, Imperious got his Mad Cat Mk II, and now TheArisen gets his Nightstar. Congrats man, it looks like a beauty.
Posted Image

This is the face/ front-torso our mwo marauder is still missing...

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 15 June 2017 - 10:37 AM.

#874 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:43 PM

Congrats, I need to pester for the Blood Asp, or is there already a thread for that?

View PostxVLFBERHxT, on 15 June 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

This is the face/ front-torso our mwo marauder is still missing...

It looks many times better than the original, except the little hands are nearly useless with the long gun barrels.

Edited by Edward Hazen, 24 June 2017 - 05:44 PM.

#875 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

View PostEdward Hazen, on 24 June 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

Congrats, I need to pester for the Blood Asp, or is there already a thread for that?

It looks many times better than the original, except the little hands are nearly useless with the long gun barrels.

There have been a few threads for the BAsp but none have been as successful or maintained like this one.

In my head the hands & gun can rotate separately so the gun can be out of the way.

#876 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:29 PM

So the clan got a crap. Cool.

#877 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

View PostMechwarrior1441491, on 24 June 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

So the clan got a crap. Cool.

The Nightstar is an IS mech and how is it crap?

#878 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 24 June 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

It is actually a Star League Mech, so the Clans probably did take some with them during the exodus. But yes, in MWO it is an IS only Mech.

Edited by Edward Hazen, 24 June 2017 - 09:55 PM.

#879 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:01 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 24 June 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

Crab, sorry. Looks like a marauder and a crab had a baby.

#880 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

View PostEdward Hazen, on 24 June 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

It is actually a Star League Mech, so the Clans probably did take some with them during the exodus. But yes, in MWO it is an IS only Mech.

Well it restarted production in Davion space in 3057 so it's totally an IS mech now but a star league design.

45 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 45 guests, 0 anonymous users