1016 replies to this topic

#941 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

Still not seeing good rationale for downward sloping Nightstar arms.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 October 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

So do the Nova Cats... not sure wy the pitchfork aren't out on that, it's lost as much weapon elevation as the Nightstar.
Posted Image
I mean its hardpoints should make the Night Gyr green with Envy. Instead it got Warhammer arms.

But at least it's aesthetically acceptable. Not a huge consolation.. but hey it could be bad and look bad too. *shrugs*

The Nova Cat is a 70 tonner that is going to out gun the Nightstar so I'm not worried about it.

#942 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

Posted Image

#943 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 13 October 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

Posted Image

The taunts are real.

#944 DasSauerkraut

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 13 October 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

The taunts are real.

I was a bit disappointed, now I'm confused and a bit angry.

#945 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

View PostDasSauerkraut, on 13 October 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

I was a bit disappointed, now I'm confused and a bit angry.

I think that was also how people felt when they first saw the Civil War cockpit items, that the mini Mad Cat MkII and Uziel have better posture and gait.

#946 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, I'm not happy either. I was looking forward to this 'Mech. Because IS alpha firepower sucks and is capped to around 60 anyway, I could get over the slightly gimped firepower because of the hand actuators. The saggy arms just kills my enthusiasm entirely.

View PostHit the Deck, on 13 October 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

I think that was also how people felt when they first saw the Civil War cockpit items, that the mini Mad Cat MkII and Uziel have better posture and gait.

Yup. But, as I said in another thread, those are purely aesthetic deficiencies. The performance of each Mechs was not changed by that difference.

#947 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 October 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

So do the Nova Cats... not sure wy the pitchfork aren't out on that, it's lost as much weapon elevation as the Nightstar.

I mean its hardpoints should make the Night Gyr green with Envy. Instead it got Warhammer arms.

But at least it's aesthetically acceptable. Not a huge consolation.. but hey it could be bad and look bad too. *shrugs*

I'm curious if they can manage to screw up my Hellspawn.. one would thing with as simple of geometry as it has, likely not... but then one looks at the IWM mini.... *sigh*

But hey... my Arctic Wold looks pretty good.. yay team?

As one of the main Novakitty advocates, I have to unabashedly admit I'm a little irked with the arm/weapon placement. Not enough so that I will not warmly welcome it into my hanger mind you... but irked nonetheless. Posted Image

#948 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:42 PM

Yeonne's thread in feature sug about raising the arms.
https://mwomercs.com...s-on-nightstar/

#949 Josh Seles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 13 October 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

Yeonne's thread in feature sug about raising the arms.
https://mwomercs.com...s-on-nightstar/

I support this. Please, PGI. Besides this, the mech looks nice and relatively true to form with the concept art.

Screw the TRO art.
Alex's art looks way better.

Edit: If there are concerns about the Nightstar being OP, keep the hand actuators. They actually really limit what the mech can do. 8 slots in each arm isn't much to work with when dealing with large ballistics, mainly arm-mounted hardpoints, and likely, 14-slot IS-tech Endo Steel.

Edited by Josh Seles, 13 October 2017 - 10:42 PM.

#950 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:26 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 13 October 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

Ah. You said box, so I was confused if it was missing something. Yes, I'm aware that the snout is not as bulbous as in the TRO art, or the MW4 model. I followed the direction provided carefully, both the concept, and the orthographic drawings (not yet released, sorry) clearly depicted a lack of the bulbousness found in the TRO.

Eh... The less bulbous CT is probably better for the mechs hitboxes...

Though, to be honest, i think it's less of a problem than those square lasers... But it seems they're not going away ever...

On topic though, Nightstar looks ballers as fudge.
And i personally prefer the slightly down-angled arms, makes it look a bit less awkward, but it's probably fine either way.
Though, i am very.... VERY... suspicious of how well the mechs will be animated with the horrid animations that Uziel and Mad mk2 got.

Mad got slightly improved, though, not by much, and Uziel will probably be forgotten.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 13 October 2017 - 11:34 PM.

#951 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:53 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 October 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

Though, to be honest, i think it's less of a problem than those square lasers... But it seems they're not going away ever...

And i personally prefer the slightly down-angled arms, makes it look a bit less awkward, but it's probably fine either way.
Though, i am very.... VERY... suspicious of how well the mechs will be animated with the horrid animations that Uziel and Mad mk2 got.

Mad got slightly improved, though, not by much, and Uziel will probably be forgotten.

F animations, the fact is the nightstars arms are now at it's waist...... FU PGI, thanks.

#952 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:56 AM

View PostPapaspud, on 14 October 2017 - 02:53 AM, said:

F animations, the fact is the nightstars arms are now at it's waist...... FU PGI, thanks.

I'd argue that that's part of the animations/rigging of the mech.

#953 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:07 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 14 October 2017 - 02:56 AM, said:

I'd argue that that's part of the animations/rigging of the mech.

I would argue this is strictly bait and switch....../ doesn't matter, I have canceled any preorders and F PGI and their BS clan OP crap. Next time IS wins a faction event , give me a call.... total f'ing BS. Longer cooldowntimes= totally clan+++++ with monster alphas, good luck playing IS. Done with this ****.

#954 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:48 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 October 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

Oh it's certainly better for hitboxes. I'm that weird guy that actually cares how the mechs look though, and don't strip my graphics to the bare minimum to get max performance, so I would prefer the Osiris to actually look like the Osiris. Some changes are inevitable. That's a pretty significant departure on arguably it's strongest visual identifier.

Imagine they made your Scorpion but then put stumpy little welsh corgi legs on it.... once you got over the whole "I has quads" honeymoon, I have a feeling that would bug the hell out of you.

#955 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:49 AM

View PostPapaspud, on 14 October 2017 - 03:07 AM, said:

I would argue this is strictly bait and switch....../ doesn't matter, I have canceled any preorders and F PGI and their BS clan OP crap. Next time IS wins a faction event , give me a call.... total f'ing BS. Longer cooldowntimes= totally clan+++++ with monster alphas, good luck playing IS. Done with this ****.

Can I have your stuff then . ;D

#956 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:50 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 14 October 2017 - 03:49 AM, said:

Can I have your stuff then . ;D

Didn't say I was quiting, just spending money, I hope you make up the slack....thanks! The arms are the same height as the cockpit on the store art.... can you say bait and switch= FU IS....thanks PGI!!

Edited by Papaspud, 14 October 2017 - 03:55 AM.

#957 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:53 AM

View PostPapaspud, on 14 October 2017 - 03:50 AM, said:

Didn't say I was quiting, just spending money, I hope you make up the slack....thanks!

Eh i'll be waiting, also my list of most wanted mechs is done. And I have nothing else to spend on unless it's personal favorite mech I want or it have something I like but, agian I'll be waiting.

#958 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:00 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 14 October 2017 - 03:53 AM, said:

Eh i'll be waiting, also my list of most wanted mechs is done. And I have nothing else to spend on unless it's personal favorite mech I want or it have something I like but, agian I'll be waiting.

So you don't care about the game.... well... I did, I have enjoyed the **** out of it, but we have reached the point of no more with the Nightstar waist arms- talk about bait AND SWITCH WITH THE ART, I can longer support this game, and if my clan is any indication.... they just F'ed up BIG time, no more IS nerfs! When IS wins 1.....yea just 1 FP event then we can talk, other than that, no more money PGI.

#959 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:15 AM

View PostPapaspud, on 14 October 2017 - 04:00 AM, said:

So you don't care about the game.... well... I did, I have enjoyed the **** out of it, but we have reached the point of no more with the Nightstar waist arms- talk about bait AND SWITCH WITH THE ART, I can longer support this game, and if my clan is any indication.... they just F'ed up BIG time, no more IS nerfs! When IS wins 1.....yea just 1 FP event then we can talk, other than that, no more money PGI.

So you salty that, A: The modeling team hadn't follow the concept art of the mech to the exact point even tho it may or may not cause weird animation while it moving or turning or what's not. B: You believe it's a bait and switch even tho most people (and they should know now by experience) that the concept art will never be 100% be the same as in game model I mean this pretty much go for atleast a good chunk of games through out the market.

Also I just look at the picture it's not even a pure knuckle dragger, the arms fairly below the cockpit and main body, somewhere like the Cauldron Born it could be bumped up a small bit but it's not all that bad.

Also the recent nerf was bringing down laser vomit on both sides a peg because they're the most dominate playstyle that's affecting the environment and try bringing up ballistics a bit.

Plus don't make a crazy assumption that I don't care about this game if I play it around hour or two a day, and regularly check out the forums to see what the forumites are thinking (even if it's literally a salt mind full of high explosive gases...sometimes ).

But hey you do you, and get agitated over some in game model that's not even bad as some making it, and balances choices to a already dominating meta.

#960 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:26 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 14 October 2017 - 04:15 AM, said:

So you salty that, A: The modeling team hadn't follow the concept art of the mech to the exact point even tho it may or may not cause weird animation while it moving or turning or what's not. B: You believe it's a bait and switch even tho most people (and they should know now by experience) that the concept art will never be 100% be the same as in game model I mean this pretty much go for atleast a good chunk of games through out the market.

Also I just look at the picture it's not even a pure knuckle dragger, the arms fairly below the cockpit and main body, somewhere like the Cauldron Born it could be bumped up a small bit but it's not all that bad.

Also the recent nerf was bringing down laser vomit on both sides a peg because they're the most dominate playstyle that's affecting the environment and try bringing up ballistics a bit.

Plus don't make a crazy assumption that I don't care about this game if I play it around hour or two a day, and regularly check out the forums to see what the forumites are thinking (even if it's literally a salt mind full of high explosive gases...sometimes ).

But hey you do you, and get agitated over some in game model that's not even bad as some making it, and balances choices to a already dominating meta.

Nope, they wanked it....exact point...hahahahaha they weren't even close, bait and switch- the arms were shoulder high, now they are waist high- laser vomit nerfs affects light IS most- because monster clan alphas cooling just makes it easier to time.... hey they didn't need my money, you will make up for it right.... money gone..... goodwill towards PGI gone, have fun clanning.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook