Something I have grown to love from World of Tanks

10 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderball

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'm not in the beta, so I have no idea what the match maker is like in MWO - but those who have played World of Tanks might know a certain feature from there.

When you get destroyed in a battle you can immediately leave, jump into a new tank and queue up for a new game. Your destroyed tank is locked until the last game ends, but you do not have to sit around and wait for the end of the match if you have other vehicles in your garage.

This cuts down a lot on downtime and makes the game a lot more enjoyable overall. I hope we get something similar here.

#2 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

From what I've heard this is exactly how it will work in MWO too. The devs listed getting straight back into combat as a benefit of having the four founder's mechs.

#3 Wirecutter

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 57 posts
  • LocationChair in front of Computer

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

theres a downside to this though....

ever suicided ur tetrach? its quick money, but somewhat detrimental to the team u were in...
you can report someone for being afk... its much harder to prove someone died intentionally...

Edited by Wirecutter, 14 July 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#4 Chillybill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 389 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

The Devs have stated that there are only 2 modes right now, possibly more later, you have death match which is 12 vs 12 I think and not sure if that is a capture the base game or not but when your mech is destroyed your done. The other mode is drop ship mode, you can drop in and play until your mech is destroyed then drop in with another mech you play is only limited by the number of mechs in your mech bay and not sure if this is capture the base type game or last mech standing game. All of what I said may not be exactly as the DEVs stated it and it could change and the other posibility is that I dreamed the whole thing and none of it is right hahaha

;)

#5 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

nothing i repeat NOTHING from wot should EVER be added to mwo because of how aweful that game is

#6 Thunderball

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostWirecutter, on 14 July 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

ever suicided ur tetrach? its quick money, but somewhat detrimental to the team u were in...
you can report someone for being afk... its much harder to prove someone died intentionally...

Isn't xp and credits based on your performance in battle ? So suiciding would not even cover your repair costs and get you very little xp. At least it's that way in WoT and this system works pretty well to prevent a kamikaze style.

#7 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

no...no it doesnt suiciding still nets between 200-1k xp depending on tank and victory

#8 Thorgar Wulfson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationConcordia, KS

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostWirecutter, on 14 July 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

that would be boring as hell, why do it?

#9 Bodha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

search the dev posts. At some point some dev I think Russ mentions the advantage of having multiple founder mechs is you will always have one ready to go. Kind of implies your mech is stuck in matches but you aren't.

#10 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

It is practically the only positive thing in WoT. imagine you get around a corner and after 20 seconds you are blown to bits and have to wait 15 minutes until you can get back in....

#11 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:22 AM

Its going to be hard to wait and re-form with your company's lances when you go out and suicide though. Probably only a viable strategy for Lone Wolves and undisciplined units.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users