2 replies to this topic

#1 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:45 AM

The game is currently somewhat lacking a sense of scale. Especially for new players, it's hard to assess the actual size of the battlemechs. Around Steam release, I recall seeing new guys stream MWO, and refer to their 'mechs as their "guys". They basically thought they were battle armour or man-sized robots.

I propose that PGI add some tech/astech 3D models right there in the homescreen, next to your standing, currently selected mech.

A couple of guys in overalls there -- standing around, sitting at a desk, talking to one another -- would effectively establish the majestic scale of the battlemech.

I believe the necessary 3D models already exist, as they're shown in the Training Academy.

Edited by jss78, 16 April 2016 - 12:51 AM.

#2 D V Devnull

• 4,297 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:21 AM

Hmm... a "Quality Of Life" improvement. This probably should be low on PGI's list of things to do. They've got some rather nasty outstanding bugs that haven't been fixed yet. However, as this would provide useful information, I'll support it as a "should eventually happen" item. :)

~D. V. "+1 for an interesting idea." Devnull

#3 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:35 AM

Yup, definitely a "nice to have" item instead of an essential game improvement.

I was thinking it might be very quick and easy thing to do, so just throwing the idea out there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users