67 replies to this topic

#1 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:45 AM

For instance the guys who wait to the last second then spam domination as their pick?

How can anyone actually like that buggy mess of a supposed game mode?

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 16 April 2016 - 02:26 AM

I don't really mind it as long as the map isn't Crimson Strait.

#3 EvilCatEars

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 02:31 AM

As long as domination is not on Crimson or Grim it is fine.

#4 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 April 2016 - 02:45 AM

View PostEvilCatEars, on 16 April 2016 - 02:31 AM, said:

I hate that mode with a passion. They always put the stupid circles in areas with no cover whatsoever and in the worst possible killboxes. I think its hilarious tho that pgi were talking about reworking alpine for a while and reoving the hill then they took the dom circle and put it right at the foot of the hill

#5 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 April 2016 - 02:48 AM

Dom is the ideal choice for a Dire. Concentrates all the targets in a relatively small area, and unlike skirmish, you don't often get abandoned as every other Muppet runs off and leaves you to fend for yourself.

#6 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:39 AM

View PostEvilCatEars, on 16 April 2016 - 02:31 AM, said:

You forgot Viridian Bog. Bogination is also terrible. Just as one sided as Crimson. Although party due to PUG players never NOT going around the outside of the hill and getting rekt. It's almost like a rule of the universe. At least 3 guys go that way or stay far back and get destroyed from the Small Hill.

#7 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:13 AM

Domination is o.k if its not Crimson straight, if I'm going to be playing deathball arena, which is all this game is, knowing where to go gets it over with quickly

#8 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:30 AM

So people ***** and moan that PGI isn't doing anything but mech packs and then they do and this thread...

#9 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:35 AM

View PostTractor Joe, on 16 April 2016 - 05:30 AM, said:

So people ***** and moan that PGI isn't doing anything but mech packs and then they do and this thread...

Yup lol, but if P.G.I. did it properly and not make it look like it was thrown together over a weekend, then people wouldn't make these threads.

Frankly the mechs and it's textures are all they do properly

#10 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:58 AM

Honestly I prefer Dominion over Pug Rush.... I mean Assault, Typically if the choices are...

Assault or Skirmish.. I Choose Skirmish
Assault or Conquest.. Conquest
Assault or Domination.. Domination
Skirmish or Conquest.. Either, no preference, depends on my mood.
Skirmish or Domination.. Either, though it depends on which map the match will likely be on based off the %.
Domination or Conquest.. Either, again depends on the map really, though typically I'll choose Conquest

In other words I NEVER choose Assault, all Assault is, is a train to eachothers base to cap... which I wouldn't even call a base. Assault was better when it had Turrets defending it, which made lights cautious approaching it, and instead of "Capturing" the base, I'd like to see us have to destroy it after eliminating the bases defenses just for variety.

#11 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:04 AM

I've noticed that Alpine is a terribly one sided map for Domination also.

#12 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:10 AM

People only pick Domination if the other choice was Assault or Conquest. If Skirmish was always a choice you'd almost never see Domination get picked.

#13 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:27 AM

View PostCathy, on 16 April 2016 - 05:35 AM, said:

Yup lol, but if P.G.I. did it properly and not make it look like it was thrown together over a weekend, then people wouldn't make these threads.

People have been asking for a King of the Hill mode for a while now, and the armchair devs said they could put it together in a few hours. We get something PGI worked on all weekend and it isn't good enough for people. Typical. Just like how Skirmish is the Team Deathmatch people clamored and hollered for, yet it's probably the worst overall mode in the game.

Let us be frank, PGI cannot make the community happy. PGI could release a cure for childhood leukemia on Monday, and the armchair devs around here would find something to complain about.

#14 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:37 AM

The only issue that I personally have with Domination is that some of the maps are one-sided, unfair, or offer an advantage to one team or another depending on starting locations. Other than that, it is just a variation on skirmish with the action concentrated in or near the objective area.

#15 thehiddenedge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:41 AM

Well to be fair domination would be much better if they didn't pick such terrible spots on the map for the circle.

I feel like it would be more fun if we had like three different spots per map, but only one of those is active at a time and you don't know which it is until you have visual on the MFB. You could make destroying alpha and beta switch the circle to another spot as well as add to your opponents timer.

Or another idea is to have three points, one circle in the middle that's active at the start and one circle closer to each team's spawn. Destroying your opponents alpha or beta moves the active circle to the one closer to your spawn. Each teams alpha and beta are setup on either side of their "home circle" so that while they have the active point, their MFB's are more vulnerable. If your opponents destroy your alpha or beta while your "home circle" is active, it moves back to the center point.

Edited by thehiddenedge, 16 April 2016 - 06:55 AM.

#16 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:51 AM

Given the choice, I pick forced domination every time. The squirmers can't run.

#17 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:12 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 16 April 2016 - 01:45 AM, said:

For instance the guys who wait to the last second then spam domination as their pick?

Yeah, the Domination trolls are just as bad as the Conquest / tera therma / viridian bog / frozen city / Alpine / Polar Highlands / Caustic valley / HPG Manifold / Donald Trump / Almond Joy trolls.

Really? Comeon, sometimes I simply don't want any **** almonds in my **** coconut chocolate bar. Stupid trolls.

#18 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:32 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 16 April 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

Yeah, the Domination trolls are just as bad as the Conquest / tera therma / viridian bog / frozen city / Alpine / Polar Highlands / Caustic valley / HPG Manifold / Donald Trump / Almond Joy trolls.

Really? Comeon, sometimes I simply don't want any **** almonds in my **** coconut chocolate bar. Stupid trolls.

You forgot forum trolls posting zero value topics.

#19 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:33 AM

Solo queue+Domination+sync drop = easy earnings.

#20 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 16 April 2016 - 01:45 AM, said:

In the solo queue I prefer Domination to Conquest & Assault because it convinces most PUGs to at least go fight.

Assault & Conquest in solo PUG queue often sees poor thinking where players are unable to prioritize fighting over capping or capping over fighting depending on the situation - instead they just do one or the other and completely ignore what's actually needed in that particular match.

For group queue, Conquest is (usually) enjoyable (except for lances of trolls who have zero intention of fighting).

Edited by Ultimax, 16 April 2016 - 07:37 AM.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users