Anyone Else Hate The Domtrolls?

67 replies to this topic

#61 CreativeAnarchy

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:16 AM

I dislike conquest on Polar. If the map looks to be polar and the mode choice is domination or conquest, I'll pick domination. I hate conquest on that map. Small map like canyon and the mode choices are domination or conquest, I'll choose conquest because I dislike domination on that map.

I usually wait till the last second to choose my game mode, usually after I get a good idea of what map will be played.

I don't care if you think I'm a troll. It is my vote, not yours. You may not like it, tough. I may not like what some of your choices are but I'm not coming to the forum to cry and call people names.

Since people come here and complain about this, I'm more inclined to just choose domination to troll you just because of your complaint.

Eat some concrete and harden up cup cake.

Edited by CreativeAnarchy, 17 April 2016 - 06:20 AM.

#62 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:19 AM

I don´t vote at all unless skirmish is one of the modes, in which case I always vote against skirmish. If it seems obvious skirmish will be the winner, I´ll try to at least get a map I enjoy.

Edited by Zerberus, 17 April 2016 - 06:20 AM.

#63 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:59 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 16 April 2016 - 01:45 AM, said:

For instance the guys who wait to the last second then spam domination as their pick?
How can anyone actually like that buggy mess of a supposed game mode?

lol ask UltimaX, he says its everyone else's problem and just group up

worst mode I have ever seen in gaming!

Edited by mogs01gt, 17 April 2016 - 06:59 AM.

#64 IsaAurinkoinen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:08 AM

What an earth PGI thought when they decided to put circle in Alpine where they did. <<facepalm>>

#65 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:09 AM

View PostEscef, on 16 April 2016 - 06:27 AM, said:

People have been asking for a King of the Hill mode for a while now, and the armchair devs said they could put it together in a few hours. We get something PGI worked on all weekend and it isn't good enough for people. Typical. Just like how Skirmish is the Team Deathmatch people clamored and hollered for, yet it's probably the worst overall mode in the game.

Let us be frank, PGI cannot make the community happy. PGI could release a cure for childhood leukemia on Monday, and the armchair devs around here would find something to complain about.

I think "picking the most likely central location for the fight" was their philosophy. What it ended up doing is reinforcing the Skirmish playstyle - reminds me of a tethered knife fight. If, for example, they had picked almost totally unused areas of the map, furthest from the spawns, it would have created a more running fight. Alpine is an almost perfect example of what went wrong with King of the Hill. If they moved it down, or up, from the big flat meadow with really bad cover, it would have made for a more interesting fight with the added benefit that it MIGHT have spawned new tactics in Skirmish and Assault.

Edit: by up or down, for example on Alpine, move the circle to the K9 area and move both spawn points up into the E Line. On Caustic, instead of turning the caldera into another NASCAR skirmish, move the circle to either D2, move the spawns to the 5 or 6 line or D5, and move the spawns to the 1 or 2 line.

Let the teams interact a bit before they meet at the hill - this also gives a reason for scouts and scout skirmishes while the rest of the team whales on each other =P

Edited by Astrocanis, 17 April 2016 - 07:15 AM.

#66 Afuldan McKronik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:17 AM

I would have liked to see alpine dom point closer to the radio tower. That place almost never sees action.

#67 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:19 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 16 April 2016 - 08:22 AM, said:

Also, while I don't think domination is very well designed, it does have one big draw. It forces people to get into the fight which is very nice if you're an aggressive player and get frustrated if people hang back.

Tell that to my team on Plexus where four of us went to the circle, were annihilated and all because our "teammates" thought that hiding the enemy to death was the best way to play.

Much worse on the Euro servers, unfortunately. I'm sticking to NA servers for this bit, I think. Domination tends to bring out the "I might break a nail" crowd in my experience.

#68 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:32 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 16 April 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

People only pick Domination if the other choice was Assault or Conquest. If Skirmish was always a choice you'd almost never see Domination get picked.

also if we could actually deselect game modes. But thats lostech

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users