Store

25 replies to this topic

#21 Centuritron

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:26 AM

The grinind on MWO is much faster than others free to play like War Thunder or Planetside 2
The mech packs have the merit to be available for everyone after a while, whereas on some games it's would be DLC's
Maybe i will spend money for the Kodiak, but the game is fully playable for free.

Edited by Centuritron, 17 April 2016 - 12:27 AM.

#22 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:50 AM

Thanks for the feedback fellow pilots

#23 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:53 AM

View PostStenKIRA, on 16 April 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

How expensive do you want it to be?

I'd like it to be 60 bucks for the base game with a single player with a really awesome sound track the kind you will listen to during work, with mp on the other end and have dlc in the form of mech packs you can use in both mp and single player for 15 bucks tops.

#24 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:35 AM

This is an honest to goodness game which is not pay to win, but pay for less grind.

I have a pal who has not spent a cent. Even his additional mech bays beyond the first four were free from events, and achievements.

This game only becomes expensive if you are a collector. And that is entirely up to u

#25 Isolani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:25 AM

MWO isn't cheap, and I have spent a fair amount on it. But there are other F2P games that you can spend FAR more. I know I spent a lot more playing Marvel Heroes and DDO. If you get into buying short term xp boosts, loot boosts, and things like that you really can start spending a whole lot of money in those games. Honestly, there is more to those games than there is MWO, I wouldn't spend as much on MWO just because there isn't all that much to it in terms of gameplay.

MWO is pretty reasonable really, I buy the $20 monthly mech packs they have lately, maybe add on a $15 hero if I like the mech, and I buy MC occasionally so I can get mechbays. Premium time is bundled in with all the packs, so it isn't a separate boost I have to buy, which is nice.

MWO would have a big up front cost if I went back and bought all the clan packs, resistance packs, etc. But you really don't need to do that to play the game, and I wouldn't have time to play that many mechs anyway. Just buying a mechpack once a month and buying some c-bill mechs can keep me busy without spending a huge amount.

#26 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:35 AM

Mwo is similarly priced to warthunder and world of ____ which are its main competitors.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users