SJr recruiting hardcore/competitive players

30 replies to this topic

#1 Meth0s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Posted Image

Smoke Jaguar Reborn is recruiting hardcore competitive players. We will be focusing on capturing and holding planets, as well as competing in league battles. We will be competing in MWO under the name 'The Fury' (at least until the clans show up, and then we will review our options).

Smoke Jaguar Reborn has been in existence since 2001, and played at the highest level in MW4, including planetary and ladder leagues. We are looking for members who are driven to play on a top quality team, are focused on team play, are flexible in their approach to gaming, listen well to drop commanders, accept and provide constructive feedback, and are willing to practice.

Your time commitment to the team is up to you, but we are looking for players that have the drive to improve their play with whatever time they have. However, we are also looking for people who understand the importance of community, both within the unit, and within the game. It is important to the future of the unit, and the game, that our community is strong. Thus, members must be mature, respectful, and we do not tolerate racism, sexism, or discrimination on religion, sexual orientation, or anything else. Members must be at least 18 years old. That being said, within our own team boundaries, we can still be quite crude, and enjoy completely annihilating each other's ego by regularly reminding them of their flaws. All-in-all, consider joining us if you want to play competitively and you want to have a really good time.

www.SmokeJaguarReborn.com

Edited by MethosFurey, 07 December 2011 - 09:14 PM.

#2 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

There are some private Smoke Jaguar-clans here. Why not combine them all into a large international group to represent the REAL entire Clan Smoke Jaguar in the MWO-Game?
We all have the same target. Jaguars need to stick together!

#3 signum79

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

To bad you will have to quit the game after 3060 when Kurita and light horse Purge you from cannon.

#4 swamp hag

• WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

@The_Birdeater:
That is certainly a valid option for those interested in such a grand opportunity. +SJr+ philosophy is little different, though. We love the lore (having written gobs of RP), and we love our Smoke Jags forever, but we are first and foremost a success-minded gaming group since our inception in MW4:V. For us, skill and accomplishment outweigh merely representing our favorite faction in a juggernaut collaboration. There are many different types of players, attracted to many different community cultures and levels of gaming. There are also many Smoke Jag fans out there. This is a very big world, as well as what looks to be a big game. We of course wish our trothkin well in their travels but as always we shall be going our own way. ;)

@signum79
Since 3060 is a good 11 years on down the road, we will cross that bridge if we come to it. :)

More information about SJr recruitment.

Edited by glory, 07 December 2011 - 10:57 PM.

#5 fionn

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

It was a lot more then Kurita and Eridani Light Horse but that is neither here nor there.

Battletech is one of the few franchises I've found that does not really work well with the zerg mentality. There is more hinderance to a unit with a vast number of players in it then there are benefits, at least in my 12+ years of BTech experience. Besides, every unit has it's own little quirks that are sure to annoy enough of the other units to make such an endeavor fail.

Shameless bump for +SJr+

#6 swamp hag

• WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

Nothing impressive, we have just started doing this. But if you want to get to know us, we've started a TwitchTV channel for Smoke Jaguar Reborn where we'll be broadcasting some MW4 play, maybe MW:LL play, and some really bad BF3 play. Hoping to start broadcast nightly. Follow our team Twitter and the Chat in the TwitchTV channel for upcoming live stream announcements.

Why are we doing this ? ...

Because we can.

#7 TheCrovax

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:54 AM

Kage?

#8 Meth0s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

Yep. But using the Smoke Jaguar name.

#9 TheCrovax

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

Heheh ok, been a long time :P

#10 Meth0s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

Yah, last time I saw you was in a Quake 4 server I think. You'll see some familiars in the Karaian Empire thread.

#11 zorak ramone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

Good to see you guys still around.

Kick some *** and show em how it was done in MW4/NBT.

#12 TheCrovax

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

I never played in quake 4 :P. I was pretty much WoW'ing since 2005. Took a short comeback to Mw4 in 06 or so I think.

Hey Zorak, good to see YOU again. I think that must have been what - 10 years since we played against each other in UTS? We were CSJ and weren't you in HRR? Those were though battles. But I loved the UTS thing, too bad it got shut down way too early.

#13 zorak ramone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

View PostTheCrovax, on 14 December 2011 - 12:55 PM, said:

I never played in quake 4 :P. I was pretty much WoW'ing since 2005. Took a short comeback to Mw4 in 06 or so I think.

Hey Zorak, good to see YOU again. I think that must have been what - 10 years since we played against each other in UTS? We were CSJ and weren't you in HRR? Those were though battles. But I loved the UTS thing, too bad it got shut down way too early.

It could be 10 years ... I don't remember when UTS shut down. UTS was alot of fun and it is a shame that it got shut down too soon. I think the admin got sent to Afghanistan or something? I don't remember the specifics, but I remember you guys were tough. You, old UTS wolves, and AK were our top most challenging opponents, if I remember correctly.

After UTS went down HRR went on to WO for a while but then settled into NBT-Mercs first as Clan Burrock and then as the Grey Death Legion. CSJ (or most of it?) went in as the Ice Hellions. I'm sorry, but I don't remember if you were still with CSJ when it went to IHx. We played IHx a few times (traded some raids and one PA, all in good fun). Again you guys were the toughest (with CDS as close seconds) and you really forced us to work hard on our tactics to break even on drops.

I'm not planning playing competitively (got a Wife, a <1 year old kid, and a PhD to finish), but I'll be around pubbing. I don't know if/how leagues will work, but I'll be watching with intrest!

#14 TheCrovax

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

Ahh yeah, W!O - we were playing as Diamond Sharks, Cogburn had set up a good league there - too bad it folded as well. We joined NBT:Mercs as CSJ but we got booted out for badmouthing or so :P. We were successfull though in the Tukkayid trials and the pre-league tourney. When IHx was founded, I stopped playing in NBT since it was mostly EST drops. And since I'm from Switzerland, I couldn't be bothered to get up at 3 am.

I'll see how the game turns out, but what I like the most about it is that there are people from 10 years back and still remembering units/players or even specific games!

Edited by TheCrovax, 14 December 2011 - 01:52 PM.

#15 Maha

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:01 PM

Fun read; definitely brings back memories of yester-year :P

Looking forward to a new game to play in the BT universe.

#16 Meth0s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Zorak, I remember the initial PA (when I was with IHx) with you guys well.The Fury (which was a continuation of SJr) had some great fights with {HRR} when you all played as GDL. It was amusing as our two merc units kept getting hired to save the IS, and several times against each other.

#17 swamp hag

• WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

Good to see ya, Cro and Zorak. Feels like ancient history, yet like it was yesterday, all at the same time. :)

#18 zorak ramone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

View PostMethosFurey, on 14 December 2011 - 03:35 PM, said:

Zorak, I remember the initial PA (when I was with IHx) with you guys well.The Fury (which was a continuation of SJr) had some great fights with {HRR} when you all played as GDL. It was amusing as our two merc units kept getting hired to save the IS, and several times against each other.

I don't remember the whole PA, but I do remember that although we were about even in drops, we ended up loosing. I think we basically were running out of mechs and didn't have any hopes of pulling a string of flawless victories against you guys to make it up.

One of the things I really liked about playing against you (as well as CDS, and against LA in siege mode) was that it really forced us to work on strategy instead of just manuvering around the map, finding the enemy, and slaughtering them. One example (I think from the PA) sticks out in my mind:

The first was a series ~350-400 ton drops on Lunacy. I'm assuming that by this point you guys had figured out that we greatly favored going in close with alot of LBX and slower-but-more-armored mechs. We drop with mostly SCats packing LBX and HMLs, probably with some support Ryokens. You guys respond with a swarm of high speed Wolfhound LL mechs and proceed to tear us apart with the most beautiful fade away game I've seen. One wolfhound would hit us and fall back, only to be replaced by another. If we tried to pull back, you were on us. I'm not sure if we killed one mech.

This forced us to come up with a devious plan. We went with the same drop dec, but changed our SCats to 2xERLL/LBX20. The goal was to make you think that we were responding to your config by bringing ERLL boats. We go in, Wolfhound swarm starts as usuall. You guys see ERLLs and make what would normally be the right choice: close in to press the LL heat advantage, but our LBX20 trap worked.

This is how I remember the PA going: competing counter-strategies with us trying to press for battles up close, and you guys trying to keep us back. It was a good set of drops.

=====

Oh yeah, and going merc was great too. As Burrock, we were close friends with the wolf clan (Juggernaught). Then their Khan changed, and the new Khan just started abusing us. So we quit the clans, went GDL and the LA gave us like infinite money to attack Wolf over and over again. We were within range of Satalice (factory world and capital) when they went inactive.

#19 Meth0s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

Yeah, that PA was close. I think we were ahead in stages though due to our DZ play, but the orbital defense systems took a large portion of what Nighthawk brought to the fight. He didn't tell me this until the end, or else we could have adjusted our declarations for it (actually we later found out that DP would have disabled them, as long as we didn't abuse the system to just ship most of our mechs to the IS).

I agree about CDS. That team forced you to play smart or else they'd just punish you. Same thing with early- NBT:M Jade Falcon. They forced us to adapt to their strategies. You knew they were going to take about 2 laser boats, and 6 infighters, and you had to find a way to fight them.

This game is going to have various types of missions, I hope it allows for good tactical and strategic work.

Edited by MethosFurey, 15 December 2011 - 12:03 PM.

#20 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:49 AM

Couple Familiar names Crovax, Maha From NBT-BZ- ML, good to see familiar faces.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users