Welcome To Phase 3

139 replies to this topic

#1 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:45 AM

Where we have added bunch of menus, restrictions and called it a new game mode.

#2 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:52 AM

Sometimes I really wonder what people want?....

Probably just to troll, huh?

Tell me please, how this is NOT exactly what people wanted (FOR YEARS)?

#3 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:53 AM

4v4 is the only thing that matters. I don't care about winning marbles on the galaxy map, I don't care about custom titles, I don't even care about the c-bill rewards. It's too little, too late, for me. I like it, it's fine, but 4v4 is the only thing I care about.

If 4v4 is no fun, I still won't play CW. 12v12 is a total failure, in my humble opinion. But at first glance, 4v4 looks good.

#4 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:55 AM

View PostTexAce, on 19 April 2016 - 02:52 AM, said:

Sometimes I really wonder what people want?....

Probably just to troll, huh?

Tell me please, how this is NOT exactly what people wanted (FOR YEARS)?

#5 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:59 AM

**** a duck it's 6 hours to patch time and people are already complaining

#6 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:05 AM

View PostSader325, on 19 April 2016 - 02:55 AM, said:

Great, I want an explaination and he posts youtube videos of biased MS unit members wanting their cake with cherries on top.
Am I supposed to watch all of this?

Edited by TexAce, 19 April 2016 - 03:05 AM.

#7 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:29 AM

^Of course not. He's just linking a bunch of random videos. I have no idea why though, makes him look like a ******* in my eyes.

#8 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:34 AM

He cant be serious. One of the best updates to any game ever breaking new ground in faction play for any game and a weak complaint like that. Trying to be funny obviously.

If this wasn't what looks to be a completely amazing update I would say so. Of course opinions differ but this is even a better update for units. I am an independent player.

Anyway, what ever.

#9 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:44 AM

View PostTexAce, on 19 April 2016 - 03:05 AM, said:

Great, I want an explaination and he posts youtube videos of biased MS unit members wanting their cake with cherries on top.
Am I supposed to watch all of this?

You asked "What do people want?".

Over the course of MONTHS we have talked to leaders from almost every house, and every clan. People who have units ranging from 10 members to 300 members. We have asked that question of more people than anyone else. We did the legwork.

So sorry, when it comes down to it. I know far more of what people actually want from CW than you.

Edited by Sader325, 19 April 2016 - 03:45 AM.

#10 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:46 AM

People wanted 4x4 mode and they've finally got it
People wanted more depth and flavor to CW and they've got some.
People wanted taking planets to mean anything and... taking planets means a wee bit now.

Mind you, not all the people wanted it and not all the people wanted all of it. Some did. Some didn't.

Those wanting new mechs got their toys regularly. Those wating new maps already got 2 this year (not counting trial ones). Those wanting balance got... ehhh... some changes. Kinda even in the right direction. Mostly.

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 19 April 2016 - 03:48 AM.

#11 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:47 AM

View PostSader325, on 19 April 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

You asked "What do people want?".

We have talked to leaders from almost every house, and every clan. People who have units ranging from 10 members to 300 members. We have asked that question of more people than anyone else. We did the legwork.

So sorry, when it comes down to it. I know far more of what people actually want from CW than you.

Well this is a forum. Feel free to let the other players know whats missing etc.

If any complaining is about the start of unit economies, costs for recruiting as an example, then I'm not sure what your unit wants. The whole point of so called game "economies" is resource management. This lets units compete with each other and even challenge themselves to achieve goals. Unit economies isn't about unlimited resources.

Also no offense, but maybe you can speak for your unit, maybe you cant, but it is unlikely you can speak for all units. Even suggesting that is such BS even I am surprised at it. :) I don't know, maybe your speaking for some kind of hive mind, in which case, no one cares. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 19 April 2016 - 03:54 AM.

#12 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:58 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 19 April 2016 - 03:47 AM, said:

Well this is a forum. Feel free to let the other players know whats missing etc.

If any complaining is about the start of unit economies, costs for recruiting as an example, then I'm not sure what your unit wants. The whole point of so called game "economies" is resource management. This lets units compete with each other and even challenge themselves to achieve goals. Unit economies isn't about unlimited resources.

Also no offense, but maybe you can speak for your unit, maybe you cant, but it is unlikely you can speak for all units. Even suggesting that is such BS even I am surprised at it. Posted Image I don't know, maybe your speaking for some kind of hive mind, in which case, no one cares. Posted Image

Completely dismissing the fact that we've had 9 different 1 hour 30 minute podcasts featuring 8 separate influential units. You know, the units Russ Bullock refuse to acknowledge exist because they aren't MS or 228.

Considering our first podcast lasted 3 hours, that means we've had nearly 15 hours of discussion about nothing but what people want to see form CW from people who represent somewhere in the order of 800-900 players.

Ok.

#13 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:00 AM

View PostSader325, on 19 April 2016 - 03:58 AM, said:

Completely dismissing the fact that we've had 9 different 1 hour 30 minute podcasts featuring 8 separate influential units. You know, the units Russ Bullock refuse to acknowledge exist because they aren't MS or 228.

Considering our first podcast lasted 3 hours, that means we've had nearly 15 hours of discussion about nothing but what people want to see form CW from people who represent somewhere in the order of 800-900 players.

Ok.

Honestly that's cool. I stick to these forums and its interesting that there are other discussions going on.

I don't need to add that completely different discussions do not invalidate current discussions on the update later today. In light on what was not known until last evening, the entire thing has changed.

Edited by Johnny Z, 19 April 2016 - 04:03 AM.

#14 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:03 AM

View PostSader325, on 19 April 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

Where we have added bunch of menus, restrictions and called it a new game mode.

Complete truth, nothing has changed for people who already play CW, except for restrictions and some heavy handed penalties.

#15 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:12 AM

View PostLORD ORION, on 19 April 2016 - 04:03 AM, said:

Complete truth, nothing has changed for people who already play CW, except for restrictions and some heavy handed penalties.

That's totally wrong.

If you can't see the benefit of all the players joining now CW because of the new stuff, no one can help you.

I'll give you a hint: more CW players means not only faster matches but also more benefits from controlling planets. It also means a healthier game and thus a game at all.
This is a make or break moment for pgi. If CW doesn't get traction now from everyone who refused to play CW because it just plain sucked, it never will and this game will fail completely. Pugs now want to give it a chance and contribute to the faction play, which before was not possible.

You may not like it. But the majority of mwo players do, which is also the majority of players who didn't play CW at all prior. And that was the goal. To get those players involved.

#16 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:16 AM

View PostTexAce, on 19 April 2016 - 04:12 AM, said:

That's totally wrong.

If you can't see the benefit of all the players joining now CW because of the new stuff, no one can help you.

I'll give you a hint: more CW players means not only faster matches but also more benefits from controlling planets. It also means a healthier game and thus a game at all.
This is a make or break moment for pgi. If CW doesn't get traction now from everyone who refused to play CW because it just plain sucked, it never will and this game will fail completely. Pugs now want to give it a chance and contribute to the faction play, which before was not possible.

You may not like it. But the majority of mwo players do, which is also the majority of players who didn't play CW at all prior. And that was the goal. To get those players involved.

I'm pretty sure they are still in the process of construction. A lot of huge updates ahead I expect. One of my first thoughts about all of this is that I hope its not a year and a half until the next big one. This one is huge though. Not surprising it took this long. Alot of mechanics added.

+1 for 1st person mechbay, Aerotech, Solaris, Pilot character creation. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 19 April 2016 - 04:21 AM.

#17 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:18 AM

That's totally wrong.

Pugs aren't going to get anything from CW they already couldn't get from it.

In order to get one match in CW for ever faction its going to take over 500 people playing simultaneously equally across all factions.

The new system is going to make it a nightmare to find matches for many of the southern houses. It's likely that the system could fail on day one, though personally I think it will work passably for the first couple days or weeks.

The worst part however is the system splits the playerbase so much that if people start to get bored (and why wouldn't they the core game mechanics of CW are both boring AND unfair) that within 1 or 2 months many unit players and some solo players may actually find it impossible to get matches.

#18 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:21 AM

That's totally wrong.

You are seriously illiterate and also don't understand the implications of the new system do you?
If the only thing that was added was a queue system for pugs, that would be great.
But that is not what this is.

#19 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:26 AM

View PostLORD ORION, on 19 April 2016 - 04:21 AM, said:

You are seriously illiterate and also don't understand the implications of the new system do you?
If the only thing that was added was a queue system for pugs, that would be great.
But that is not what this is.

I have some idea what your talking about I think. But I will let you spit it out. None of what your aluding to is a bad thing.

I am sure some units are not happy that the artificially inflated unit rosters are going to take a huge hit.

That alt jumping from one unit to another is going to take a huge hit and the maintenance of those alts alot more taxing.

That faction swapping is going to take a huge hit.

Why should legit units have to compete with those tactics? If those tactics are limited or made more difficult then isn't it even a good thing that players wont have to do all that crap to compete?

Edited by Johnny Z, 19 April 2016 - 04:38 AM.

#20 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:26 AM

The primary complaints about CW have always been the unimaginative and bland gamemode and the unbalanced and one-dimensional maps.

Both of which remain unchanged.

To me, this update is very disappointing. I was looking forward to CW games with my unit, but I guess I will rather stick to farmin PUGs on my alt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users