#181 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostSilentWolff, on 20 April 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

Its a shame too. I know at least 100 people that got tired of playing nothing but team deathmatch and they aint coming back.

That, right there, is the main problem for me: ALL of the game modes are team deathmatch. The only one that's mildly different is Scouting, and even that, especially on the smaller maps, is usually won by wiping out the enemy rather than focusing on intel.

#182 Gigashot

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 20 May 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

That, right there, is the main problem for me: ALL of the game modes are team deathmatch. The only one that's mildly different is Scouting, and even that, especially on the smaller maps, is usually won by wiping out the enemy rather than focusing on intel.

I don't think that is the main problem at all. Look at the closest game experience "World of Tanks" etc. and you'll see that every game mode is essentially team deathmatch with a twist. Counter Strike is also team deathmatch with a twist. Any game without respawns, means it boils down to team deathmatch with a twist. But add respawns and you have COD, tactics, strategy and the value of death go out the window. If you can win by killing all enemies, people will win by killing all enemies.

And games like World of Tanks, that have primarily TDM with a twist game modes, are way more popular than MWO. So that isn't the main problem as you assert. The problem is, you have way too many factions, and you have the Mercenary system which allows a very active, large number of players to bounce around and destabilize the queue populations week to week.

If Planetside 2 had 10 factions instead of 3, and allowed players to change factions every week as "Mercenaries", then it probably wouldn't work either. But it doesn't because that would be terrible game design, and it works great.

Lower the number of factions. Remove Mercenary. And it'll be a whole new game, a playable game, overnight.

#183 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:34 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 19 May 2016 - 08:44 PM, said:

Then what's the point of playing Community Warfare?

Unless the whole point is to force big teams out of the game. :/

Well when that community is largely populated with jerks... there is no point to it. That's why 90% of the player base only does quick matches, outside of events that have faction warfare rewards. If they had not offered free mechs as the top bonus prizes for completing all the goals, I wouldn't have done just FW for 13 days. I could have spent those 13 days raising up my tier rating.

#184 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:38 AM

What needs to happen is a matchmaking system needs to replace the current queue mechanism for faction play, and what are now just skittles games (quick play) need to be rolled into faction play without disrupting players ability to take whatever mech they want - these two things on top of population control. Otherwise faction play will probably remain unpopulated. The rewards, random seal clubbings, and uneven populations are all major issues.

#185 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:50 AM

I think the major issue is the massive wait times to play. Combine factiOns with alliances to reduce the number from 10 to 5, and change gameplay to 8v8. This would make a huge differEnce i think.

#186 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

What's needed is TV commercials... World of Tanks is a major hit because they advertise it ! Someone get Wil Wheaton to play it and let him blog about it on youtube and poof...influx of new players mercstar can then chase away.

Edited by Dee Eight, 20 May 2016 - 08:52 AM.

#187 TheClanReject

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

View PostDr Tachyon, on 20 May 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

I think the major issue is the massive wait times to play. Combine factiOns with alliances to reduce the number from 10 to 5, and change gameplay to 8v8. This would make a huge differEnce i think.

I will love to see 8 vs 8 again.

#188 fbj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:07 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 May 2016 - 08:51 AM, said:

What's needed is TV commercials... World of Tanks is a major hit because they advertise it ! Someone get Wil Wheaton Kate Upton or Emilia Clarke to play it and let him them blog about it on youtube and poof...influx of new players mercstar team work can then chase away.

there fixed it, that would make a lot more people come and play.

#189 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:53 PM

I don't play CW as much because 1/6th the way through the cycle the planet we are attacking is maxed out, and there are time where there are 0 planets to defend.

5 hours until cease fire and everything that can be done, has been done.

I would love it if the attack mechanism was set up so that once a faction's attack is maxed out (the 'attack lane' planet is 100%), a new attack opens up. This would give pilots something to do for the ENTIRE cycle (not just the first 90 / 120 minutes).

Edited by Armando, 20 May 2016 - 01:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users