• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 195 posts
  • LocationInside You

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:14 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 19 May 2016 - 09:10 PM, said:

So the problem is our skill? :/

Maybes its your skill thats causing those 50 minute wait times, hope you keep enjoying them :)

#162 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:18 PM

Hey, if it gets us the planet, so be it.

#163 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:51 PM

Yes, we had no idea because we don't constantly monitor other units. We're not Nostradamus you know. :/

We may have 360 members, but we can hardly get more than 1 or 2 12-man drop teams per night. We'd be lucky to field one a night.

It sounds like your argument is pinning the blame on MercStar and other major units for their skill set. I do agree with the notion that no one likes getting consistently smashed, but I can't accept the belief that MercStar is to blame for the current mechanics of Community Warfare because these changes were devised by developers, not us.

We didn't create this, and we certainly weren't malicious about it.

What do you want? Do you want MercStar and other units to stop playing?

You are missing the point here. If one faction contains all the big hitters, why would others want to attack or defend from it? If all of you massive factions wanted fights, why not monitor the others more closely, and move to a faction that will see more drops against a large unit like yourselves? MS and their like cause their own issues in that you have swallowed so many players, you have no one to go against, and those you can go against, are in the same faction as you. I wont lie, I avoid planets with MS, it is not because i want you to quit, I just don't like going against you, most of your pilots I have personally went against are horrible to deal with, they make the game less fun every time I face them. Yes, you have skill, I have a little, but nothing to compete with your 12s, so I choose to avoid you and yours for those reasons.

Make smaller units, go against each other, find where the other massive units are heading and take a faction opposite of them. All of these will give you drops, looking for seal clubbing, those days are over, or will be soon, thanks to you are yours. We avoid you because of that, you were the clubbers, now that your prey is becoming extinct, you have only yourselves to blame.

#164 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:55 PM

Already posted this in another thread. Both pictures taken Friday about 1.5 hours before ceasefire, Quick Play event already running.

EU Attack Phase:

Posted Image

NA Attack Phase:

Posted Image

Draw your own conclusions

#165 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:13 PM

Looks like nobody is playing FW anymore, how suprising.

#166 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:18 PM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 19 May 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

Looks like nobody is playing FW anymore, how suprising.

Nobody, yeah

Did you look at the screenshots? Those strange symbols are what we educated people call "Numbers". You can use them to "Count".

Only the NA attack phase looks like a wastelanf at moment.

#167 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:58 PM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 19 May 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

Nobody, yeah

Did you look at the screenshots? Those strange symbols are what we educated people call "Numbers". You can use them to "Count".

And the only real place with people is CJF, who happens to contain the biggest merc groups atm, and really, no one wants to place themselves in a barrel to be shot at.

#168 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:22 PM

What kinda western's've you been playing!?

Barrel makes best cover!

~Leone.

#169 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:36 PM

Yes, we had no idea because we don't constantly monitor other units. We're not Nostradamus you know. :/

We may have 360 members,

Thats 360 members to monitor the state of the game.... we do it with 19.

Posted Image

#170 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:41 PM

The long queues don't help and the whole splitting the queue may have rub some people the wrong way.

#171 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:54 AM

Yeah!!!!!!.... nothing to do with only one active front in the entire star map.

#172 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:55 AM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 19 May 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

Nobody, yeah

It still looks that very few people play the model. When these "numbers" ;) indicate all the people playing it s a fraction of the total players.

Even if NA time seem worse, I wonder why, since the game is set up for NA time zone

#173 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:58 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 20 May 2016 - 02:55 AM, said:

Even if NA time seem worse, I wonder why, since the game is set up for NA time zone

Murica !!

#174 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:00 AM

Posted Image

#175 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:04 AM

Man, I'm just not playing MWO these days, PERIOD.

I'm a single player gamer. I like a universe... a story. Even when I'm playing some head-to-head Battletech tabletop, I prefer to take stuff that is faction - even regiment appropriate, and so long as it's balanced overall, optimization be damned.

For years now I've been told by others that single player is "Way too hard to make" or "Has no replay value after the first playthrough", but seeing as how every Battletech universe game up to this point has been a single player game that happens to have multiplayer on the side, and now I'm now told that single player is worthless to "Most players" just kills it for me.

Every now and again, I get a craving to crawl into the cockpit and shoot some stuff, but one or two drops and I'm good for a long while, getting my fix instead with Megamek. You'd think that PGI would throw the Mechwarrior Single-Player fans a bone by now. Even FW, which was the golden goose that was supposed to take MWO from being another repetitive fight-grind-fight multiplayer game to having some motivation and immersion is just not enough.

Instead, I think I'll just work on my Steam backlog. Never did finish X-Com, or Oblivion, Or ...

Edited by ice trey, 20 May 2016 - 03:07 AM.

#176 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:18 AM

View Postice trey, on 20 May 2016 - 03:04 AM, said:

Man, I'm just not playing MWO these days, PERIOD.

I'm a single player gamer. I like a universe... a story. Even when I'm playing some head-to-head Battletech tabletop, I prefer to take stuff that is faction - even regiment appropriate, and so long as it's balanced overall, optimization be damned.

For years now I've been told by others that single player is "Way too hard to make" or "Has no replay value after the first playthrough", but seeing as how every Battletech universe game up to this point has been a single player game that happens to have multiplayer on the side, and now I'm now told that single player is worthless to "Most players" just kills it for me.

Every now and again, I get a craving to crawl into the cockpit and shoot some stuff, but one or two drops and I'm good for a long while, getting my fix instead with Megamek. You'd think that PGI would throw the Mechwarrior Single-Player fans a bone by now. Even FW, which was the golden goose that was supposed to take MWO from being another repetitive fight-grind-fight multiplayer game to having some motivation and immersion is just not enough.

Instead, I think I'll just work on my Steam backlog. Never did finish X-Com, or Oblivion, Or ...

X-COM is worth finishing. Same with Fallout: New Vegas. You might want to look into Pillars of Eternity as well. As for your BattleTech fix, you'll have to wait a year until HBS' BattleTech game arrives in May 2017.

#177 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:54 AM

We may have 360 members, but we can hardly get more than 1 or 2 12-man drop teams per night. We'd be lucky to field one a night.

There is no way you would have as many planets fielding only a single 12 man a night.

#178 Gigashot

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:11 AM

Look we can all agree, Mercs are cancer. It's all about the common ground, and while we disagree on a lot, we can at least all agree Mercs are cancer.

Posted Image

#179 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:20 AM

For me it's just that I can't find any matches at all even at prime time, and I'm a solo unit. Tried yesterday night, no one queued up. So I let it go.

This is a downward spiral though, if no one starts queueing up, no one will follow.

For this we need a global FW lobby where we can see the amount of people currently online globally and per faction so we can be sure that starting an attack won't end up with being alone in the queue for an hour.

Edited by TexAce, 20 May 2016 - 05:21 AM.

#180 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:52 AM

Sometimes the reasons are more prosaic - my work obligations piled on this past week, leaving not much time for shooty robots.

It seems as if I've gotten lucky in that it has coincided with The Great Bear Hunt and a proliferation of irradiated chickens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users