One Day To Go Until The Big Release, Anyone Excited......

55 replies to this topic

#1 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:36 AM

....even just a little bit?

I mean how can we NOT get excited by all the hype that PGI has developed using social media, videos, announcements and adverts for what should be a huge patch and massive content dump.....

Sorry I can't help but be a little sarcastic over this.

I really do hope Phase 3 (the final big release) of the one game mode that I play most hits a home run and the lack of information is one of those negative reinforcement tricks "It's gonna be huge but we'll just not tell them about it 'tee hee'".

#2 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:42 AM

Yeah the secrecy has been a bit droll, its gonna be a hit of information - some of which may potentially irk the community?! Who knows it is like russian roulette of patches..

#3 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:44 AM

Yea. Trying to keep the expectations low, ride the wave of excitement for the first 2 weeks... I'll grind it hard, or in other words, keep on playing as usual. Hope to see some old faces show up again for this. Think the leaderboards and MC reward could motivate more units into it (leaderboards for units as well, right? If not, epic fail PGI).

#4 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:47 AM

With 228 in CSJ, there might actually be some nice games at the CSJ / Kurita border. IF Phase 3 turns out to be decent, that is.

#5 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,893 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:49 AM

I hope for the best, but expect the worst. When "details" were given a few months ago I admit that I was excited. Then at the last town hall wherein Russ essentially said the big feature for P3 was 4x4 and then seemingly didn't want to talk about any other "details" all my hopes were dashed.

So excited? No. More like apprehensive...but irrationally hopeful nonetheless.

#6 MaxFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:56 AM

Didn't Russ say in that town hall that it wasn't certain they'd get phase 3 ready for this patch? I take the lack of further communication as a sign that it's simply not ready yet. Not a big shocker.

#7 Pugger

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:32 AM

View PostMaxFool, on 18 April 2016 - 05:56 AM, said:

Didn't Russ say in that town hall that it wasn't certain they'd get phase 3 ready for this patch? I take the lack of further communication as a sign that it's simply not ready yet. Not a big shocker.

I hadn't had this fear until just now. Thanks for that. :P

#8 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:42 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 18 April 2016 - 05:42 AM, said:

Yeah the secrecy has been a bit droll, its gonna be a hit of information - some of which may potentially irk the community?! Who knows it is like russian roulette of patches..

Yup, the lack of confirmed details is what has me worried the most. At the moment it all seems to be hearsay and rumour, mixed with older information that may or may not have changed.

View PostiLLcapitan, on 18 April 2016 - 05:44 AM, said:

Yea. Trying to keep the expectations low, ride the wave of excitement for the first 2 weeks... I'll grind it hard, or in other words, keep on playing as usual. Hope to see some old faces show up again for this. Think the leaderboards and MC reward could motivate more units into it (leaderboards for units as well, right? If not, epic fail PGI).

I am in the same boat with the expectations. I really hope this is a big step up for the mode which has sooooo much potential but so far has fallen far short of it.

I agree that the leaderboard feature may be a good draw for the players and units with a competitive mindset but again it will come down to the details, which we are lacking atm.

View PostKinLuu, on 18 April 2016 - 05:47 AM, said:

With 228 in CSJ, there might actually be some nice games at the CSJ / Kurita border. IF Phase 3 turns out to be decent, that is.

I don't know where we will be come tomorrow, I'm only a lowly recruit so that decision is way above my pay grade. Hopefully wherever we end up it will promote some good fights.

View PostBud Crue, on 18 April 2016 - 05:49 AM, said:

I hope for the best, but expect the worst. When "details" were given a few months ago I admit that I was excited. Then at the last town hall wherein Russ essentially said the big feature for P3 was 4x4 and then seemingly didn't want to talk about any other "details" all my hopes were dashed.

So excited? No. More like apprehensive...but irrationally hopeful nonetheless.

Again, yup I agree with you and your position. Irrationally Hopefully Positive, please don't mess this up PGI.

View PostMaxFool, on 18 April 2016 - 05:56 AM, said:

Aye, this is why I am worried. When there are no details from official sources it throws up all sorts of warning flags. Fingers crossed though.

#9 ShiftySWP and the Pleated Pants

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:44 AM

Should see patch notes today if all is going well... if not... well then... much disappoinment.

On another note, 228 staying CSJ for a while PUG? We just came back home for a while to test the P3 waters. Need to get some drops going together.

#10 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,476 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:56 AM

I asked Russ on twitter if phase 3 will include win conditions and strategic gameplay layer rather than just reward systems and leaderboards (which I don't care about). No answer unfortunately. I want it to be a real strategy game where we can play with our faction and try to win the war.

This doesn't seem like a major concern neither for PGI or the community, so what I expect is just some fleshing out of the game modes and reward systems, but not an actual real macro game that you can play strategically and win. (Which to me means it's not a competitive game mode, more like a sandbox roleplay thingy)

Still happy for new content though, curious about 4v4.

#11 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:58 AM

I'm gonna need a ton of popcorn to read patch notes and the following thread tonight...

Edit: Regardless of those include phase 3 or not.

Edited by vocifer, 18 April 2016 - 07:01 AM.

#12 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:01 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 18 April 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

what I expect is just some fleshing out of the game modes and reward systems,

Optimist.

I only expect a new UI and -maybe- some interaction of the standard CW gamemode with the 4vs.4 gamemode.

Oh - and longer queues of course.

#13 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:06 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 18 April 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

Optimist. I only expect a new UI and -maybe- some interaction of the standard CW gamemode with the 4vs.4 gamemode. Oh - and longer queues of course.

+1
PGI never talked about strategic gameplay layer for CW. Better not to have overoptimistic expectations on this patch: it will be an improvement of the existing Faction Warfare, not a revolution IMHO.

Edited by invernomuto, 18 April 2016 - 07:12 AM.

#14 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:10 AM

View PostShiftySWP and the Pleated Pants, on 18 April 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:

On another note, 228 staying CSJ for a while PUG? We just came back home for a while to test the P3 waters. Need to get some drops going together.

No idea Shifty, I think the people in charge are waiting to see what happens tomorrow but yeah it would be cool to get some drops together.

#15 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:16 AM

Not really.
Most likely they haven't gotten much of Russ's ideas working because they only spent the last month actually doing anything and their programmers aren't really known for their ability to perform on any sort of expeditious timeline.

That and whatever they do release will need to be hotfixed at least 3 or 4 times just to get it mostly functional because they have no internal testing or quality control beyond the art assets.

#16 RF Greywolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:21 AM

'Expect the worst and hope for the best.'

This patch has the possibility of making or breaking PGI in quite a few players minds. They have a chance to really show that they are trying to get FW to the point of having a healthy community. Until the patch notes come out, I'm not holding my breath.

#17 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:35 AM

All hail Phase 3! May it's coming herald the dawn of a new age and usher in a bright future for MW:O.. just don't hold your breath.

Considering how much PGI, and Russ especially, like to announce the announcements in advance of the announcements, yet so far we have.. nowt.. I'm not getting my hopes up.

#18 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:40 AM

Posted Image

I'm excited. Seriously. Been excited for 4v4 since they announced it.

#19 zeves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:54 AM

and then it gets delayed another week

#20 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts