Cyclops Theorycrafting

29 replies to this topic

#1 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:00 PM

So I've been thinking hard about wither or not to get the Cyclops and I think it's worthwhile to get just to try and build some mid-long range support builds and maybe a secondary brawler/spooky build. I've used the other 90t assaults to get the numbers on armor and used the atlas as a space profile because they seem to have the same number of slots unless i'm missing something somewhere which might be the case. The weight is probably a little off but that can be fixed with some shuffling.
Little Spooky
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...580ecacc2e43d56
So this should be in the ballpark on weight/slots. the AMS and AMS ammo will be in the LT w/ECM and one of the SRM6 will be in the chest. I'm not sure if i like the command console or not but hey it's supposed to be sensor support, can and probably will cut it for 3 ML for a bit more damage. Or you can cut the SRM's and install LL or ERLL. Cut the AC/10 for LRM's and poke out from long range.

#2 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:12 PM

sleipnir

#3 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:40 PM

I dread the day the CP-10-Q will become operational with 7 missile, 3 energy hard points:

7x LRM5 (14 tons + 6 tons of ammo), 2x LL, TAG, STD 350*( 36.5 tons vs 30.5 for STD 325), something like this CP-10-Q proxy

p.s. If upgraded to FF armor and extra DHS removed, it is possible to fit a STD 360 engine, but it's becomes even more of a joke build.

Edited by Neput Z34, 21 April 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#4 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:08 PM

Imagine a cyclops that runs top speed with 7 SRM4's and 2 LPL's.

There are so many configurations for this mech and it's pretty significant that it's the second assault chassis to feature ECM capabilities. With the large possibility of builds, it's going to be a very versatile and strong mech.

#5 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:09 PM

View PostRear Admiral Tier 6, on 21 April 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

Mmmmm.... I was beginning to wonder if this was possible

#6 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:21 AM

I did already pre-order the Cyclops. I never pre-ordered anything but I was so curious about that built-in beagle active probe. I wasn't able to resist.

I think this Mech will be a Must have for IS Assault pilots.

Edited by TheLuc, 24 April 2016 - 12:22 AM.

#7 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

So I've been crunching the numbers a bit better and tweaking things. I've got a pair of loadouts that i think will work great given this is all paper and not sure how good my numbers are to start with but should be pretty close.
CP-10-Q
Near maxed armor only shaving 4 off of each leg
Endo/DHS/FF
STD360 w/ 2 DHS
2x ML
1x ERPPC
3x SRM4
4x LRM5
2t srm ammo
3t lrm ammo
Forgive me I know, it's not a lrm boat or a srm boat. Was trying for a middle of the road support mech build and I think it covers most of the bases I want it too.

CP-11-P
Lots of armor, Shaved 3 off the arms and 10 off each leg
Endo/DHS
STD360
1x AC/10
ECM
AMS
4x ML
2x SRM6
1t ams ammo
2t srm ammo
2t ac/10 ammo
This is my updated "little spooky" build. I decided that I didn't need the Command Console and that i was only a half ton from being able to put 4 ML 2 in each arm onto the mech. Shaved a little armor from the legs to make it happen. AMS is something I'm not sure about but i can't bring myself to cut it from an assault mech that isn't starving for slots and it helps the team, lets me flip the ECM over when there are lights about and not have to worry about the rain so much.

#8 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

Necro......
But seriously only like 18 days out. Someone other than me hast to be cooking up builds for this thing.

#9 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:11 AM

Pure theory atm:

2x LBX10
2x SRM6
ECM

LBX for midrange, SRMS up close and ECM to help get you there in the first place.

I'm also wondering just how practical it would be to stack the B-2000, BAP, Command Console and Sensor Range module for an "all-seeing-eye" build. But mostly I'm dreaming up twin LBX builds.

#10 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:18 PM

My 2 C-Bills on the matter:
Most variants will probably emulate / mimic an Atlas or a Mauler weapons load out. (Unless, B2000 + Command Console + extras, have serious impact on information warfare )

CP-11-A: very close to an Atlas-D
CP-11-Q: LRM5 / SRM4 spam platform
CP-10-Z: close enough to an Atlas "Boars Head"
CP-11-A-DC: Atlas-7S
CP-11-P: Atlas-D-DC
CP-S (Sleipnir): Mauler with a Laser in a head and missile in a CT. Candidate for AC-40 + Head Laser, "Godzilla" build.

Might as well do this before hand: R.I.P. Assault Que, for when all Cyclops drivers drop on the live servers and will be getting "mauled" by Kodiak drivers.

P.S. Even a single ER-PPC is way to hot with 12 DHS for "practical use" in my experience.

P.P.S. Atlas, Highlander(IS), a few other Assaults may need better quirks.

#11 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 06 August 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

Pure theory atm:

2x LBX10
2x SRM6
ECM

LBX for midrange, SRMS up close and ECM to help get you there in the first place.

I'm also wondering just how practical it would be to stack the B-2000, BAP, Command Console and Sensor Range module for an "all-seeing-eye" build. But mostly I'm dreaming up twin LBX builds.

I've experimented a fair bit with builds with 1000-1200 m sensor range (through combinations of BAP, CC, sensor range module). Overall it's ... not very practical. It's nice, but ultimately too little combat takes place at those ranges.

I always like BAP if I can fit it in, as you get not only the +200 m sensor range but the substantial other benefits as well. Some 'mechs have a third 'mech module slot, or ECM 'mechs can live without Radar Depr., and for these I might throw in the Sensor Range module. CC just does less than BAP for more tonnage, it's really not worth it.

I'd say the most tangible benefit with super long detection range is that you can often lock targets before your team mates. The thing is, you get a lot of Scouting bonuses through that, and those are 3000 c-bills a piece. Get a few of those every game and it's a decent money earner. But then, I wouldn't build a 'mech with that in mind Posted Image

Overall I think I'd just take the B-2000 benefits and maybe throw in a BAP if there seems to be tonnage for it.

Edited by jss78, 06 August 2016 - 03:06 PM.

#12 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

View PostAethermech, on 06 August 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

Necro......
But seriously only like 18 days out. Someone other than me hast to be cooking up builds for this thing.

Here you go, you missed the train...

#13 MoeX

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:51 AM

It looks though it won't be very XL-friendly...

#14 Bespoke Cheese Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThem Interwebs, often in K-Town

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:12 AM

View PostAethermech, on 06 August 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

Necro......

I did all that months ago. If anyone is interested Gman who runs metamechs.com did an Article for Ngng.
A lot of my builds will probably come out similar so go read it if you're having trouble with ideas.

#15 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:00 AM

I can already see all the people trying to fire their lrm's past their range ^^

given the sensor increase is more than the usual lrm range :P

#16 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:41 PM

How short in advance of a release do they usually announce the quirks?

#17 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

View PostKuaron, on 13 August 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

How short in advance of a release do they usually announce the quirks?

They seem to release the quirks during the 7 day count down, I think for the PXH it was day 4 or 5

#18 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:56 AM

View PostAethermech, on 14 August 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

They seem to release the quirks during the 7 day count down, I think for the PXH it was day 4 or 5

So when does the count down start damnit. I want my new toy now. :P BTW am I the only one really looking forward to this damn thing?

#19 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:50 AM

No, you are not.

#20 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:53 AM

Despite my obsession with the Hatchetman, I have a lot of love for the Cyclops: really looking forward to this one. Not sure how I'll run it, but probably won't be with an XL - in my experience, XLs on anything heavier than around 60 tons is a deathwish (sans Hopper).

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users